Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030323334353637383940

Thread: Issues With BC Chief Firearms Officer

Hey Liberty.357,
    What section should he mark down as he has not been refused he is just waiting for them to finalize it which they have not done in over a year.

Cheers

NSRiar, His application went in the same as mine and as for info I served with him for years and we are tighter than brothers I know more than I should LOL.. The biggest problem is that the BC CFO has repeatedly brushed him off with no attempt to contact the 6+ references and medical professionals he has allowed them to contact. When he submitted a complaint to the email that he was provided he heard no response.( He has sent an email every month for the last 3 months) and he only calls once a month. We are going to try faxing them a letter to see if they respond. I can see how he is frustrated and I do understand that you need to check the boxes but when your not even looking and contacting references there's something that seems just a bit fishy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My last handgun took 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by DTC861 View Post
    NSRiar, His application went in the same as mine and as for info I served with him for years and we are tighter than brothers I know more than I should LOL.. The biggest problem is that the BC CFO has repeatedly brushed him off with no attempt to contact the 6+ references and medical professionals he has allowed them to contact. When he submitted a complaint to the email that he was provided he heard no response.( He has sent an email every month for the last 3 months) and he only calls once a month. We are going to try faxing them a letter to see if they respond. I can see how he is frustrated and I do understand that you need to check the boxes but when your not even looking and contacting references there's something that seems just a bit fishy
    I can only feel the pain bro i guess court application would be next step if nothing is being returned. Hopefully it gets resolved.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DTC861 View Post
    Hey Liberty.357,
    What section should he mark down as he has not been refused he is just waiting for them to finalize it which they have not done in over a year.

Cheers
    Just fill it out as a refusal to issue. When you go to court to get a date just say it was a refusal. The paper doesn't need to be filled perfect, just get it in, tell them it was refused. Honestly when it's taken this long it will be such a relief for him to get a direct response from the cfo the day after he files the paper.

Be prepared to have to provide supporting documents and referrals. I'm not sure what all you'll have to do and what your friends case is specifically. So long as your friend has a doctor that'll vouch for him and he doesn't have an uber bad history, I wouldn't expect a problem. Now if he has been violent then I wouldn't expect a good outcome.

Just an update guys, I helped him draft an official letter and he faxed it to the BC CFO office. within 30 minutes of sending the fax he got a call and was approved.

Hey Liberty.357

Do you have any advice for me? I sent in my license renewal back in oct.-nov 2017. I am STILL waiting for my new license. Frustration at an all time high. When i call them they keep saying the same bs that it on the cfos desk and completing final review. (not even kidding). Im citizen of canada pay my damn taxes don't have a record. this is insane

Any advice helps
    thanks
    Kick the tires n light the fires

You know he's banned right?

All you guys need to know is ombudsmen or section 74 of the firearms act. People need to stop bending over and use the act against them

Shawn

CGN frequent flyer
    Hi All
    Posted this on the Legalese Forum also .Does anyone have the current direct phone number for the Chief Firearms officer of B.C. I think her name is Terry Hamilton. Office seems to have changed to 14200 Green Timbers way Surrey .
    Thanks !
    Leavenworth

who is banned?
    Kick the tires n light the fires