Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Herman the German

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Targets View Post
    I understand your point, the reason it is different is the Herman the German is a very classic design used by our military.

I apologize for my lacking presence, I was in the US for a bit.
    Doesn't change the fact Brobee understands target design better than you do.

Your current design is still not working. features need to be clearly visible at 300 meters. You need strong black and white contrast.
    All you need to do is take a Fig 12, change the rifle to an AK47 and change the face a bit and keep the rest of it exactly the same.

CGN frequent flyer
    ^^^^^^^^^

Stick to the original sizes/contrast........

Anything else is just another target.

Service rifle competitors NEED a facsimile to practice on..............

Expired Business
    Thanks for your input.

The difficulty I am having is in communicating to a non >300m shooter your needs when he has only shot <10m with a pistol(on a few occasions). I hope to have accomplished this. I am not able to do the art so the process is slower.

I would LOVE a Herman style target I would buy a bunch...
    "It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Targets View Post
    Thanks for your input.

The difficulty I am having is in communicating to a non >300m shooter your needs when he has only shot <10m with a pistol(on a few occasions). I hope to have accomplished this. I am not able to do the art so the process is slower.
    Get hold of a real fig 12, and ask the designer to substract all the details that is less than 1/2 thick. Keep the dimension and relationship of the white shapes. For example, the shadow and outlines on the rifle are not observable. Anything that is less than 1/2 thick the artist can consolidate them into the shape.

The easy way is for the designer to scan the real fig 12 into an image and import it to illustrator. He can than trace over over the shape and consolidate the details that are not needed. Tell him that the objective is to " maintain the relationship between the positive and negative spaces of the original graphics, keep the shapes of the positive space and consolidate the details". A graphic designer should understand that right the way. It should be a 1 hour work if he is good and he has the image on file already!

The end product does not even have too look like a soldier. To be honest, the figure 12 is just a jumble of white shape over a black negative space from any distance.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Longshot's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^ this is good advice!
    "Guns don't kill people.People kill people.Guns defend people from people with....smaller guns."

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Get hold of a real fig 12, and ask the designer to substract all the details that is less than 1/2 thick. Keep the dimension and relationship of the white shapes. For example, the shadow and outlines on the rifle are not observable. Anything that is less than 1/2 thick the artist can consolidate them into the shape.

The easy way is for the designer to scan the real fig 12 into an image and import it to illustrator. He can than trace over over the shape and consolidate the details that are not needed. Tell him that the objective is to " maintain the relationship between the positive and negative spaces of the original graphics, keep the shapes of the positive space and consolidate the details". A graphic designer should understand that right the way. It should be a 1 hour work if he is good and he has the image on file already!

The end product does not even have too look like a soldier. To be honest, the figure 12 is just a jumble of white shape over a black negative space from any distance.
    I already sent him a real Fig 12 for this project. Good ideas GT, it would be great to have a workable readily available service rifle style target.

The target should be monochrome.

Expired Business

Ours

Original