Herman the German

here's an idea, how about something along the lines of a combat flood form from Halo? Humanoid enough for us shooters but deformed enough in such a way that it's alien to PITA ranges. or are humanoid aliens not allowed either?

as for the fig11 look alike, i love it! as soon as i get the chance i'm buying a stack! though i'm pretty sure the range i go to doesnt allow human shaped either
...*sigh* time to start searching for a real place to shoot.

This is looking a lot better; I think the artist has got the concept. It'll probably need some tweaking to get a bit more dark in between the hands; perhaps flipping the white and black on the magazine?

It occurs to me that one way of testing it for contrast at a distance would be to print it out at a smaller scale and look at it from down the hallway: it'd show which areas need more contrast.

Now we're talking! To increase long range contrast, have your artist tweak his last rendition by decreasing the white threshold until the resulting image is about 60 to 70% black. This makes the white areas stand out even more.

I'd buy some.

Brobee

Get the artist to print a 5" version of the target and take it to a 50m range, and try to shoot it with a rifle.

The white shapes must be clearly defined - try to avoid creating shapes that are asymmetrical ( such as the inverted L right now in the mock-up)
e
Have the "soldier" carry the rifle in "low ready" - this will separate the "face" and the "wrist", such that it would not look like a mass of white from afar.

The fig 11/12 is designed such a way that the "face" and the "wrist" essentially appear as symmetrical from afar. It will be a different type of target if you want to disrupt the COM. The objective of fig11/12 is NOT to disrupt the COM as it is really a training target for teaching soldiers to shoot. Essentially, it is a silhouette with a bullseye printed on it. If you want to disfigure and optically conceal/offset the COM, it will a much more advanced targetry as it demands more skill for the shoot.

C9C6C25A-AC0A-452F-AFFB-70777E2C89B8-5018-000004E8846788D3.jpg

We moved the head up to offer not trunk and more usable space.

Sorry to say this but that target won't do for CQB. We need a full head a good distance above the body for our one to the head, two to the body pistol shots. Just saying.

We have other targets already that work better at closer ranges. The request was for something that would lend itself to greater distances. Also assuming that people shooting the greater distances would be using rifles, a shot to the Upper chest would be realistic.

We have other targets already that work better at closer ranges. The request was for something that would lend itself to greater distances. Also assuming that people shooting the greater distances would be using rifles, a shot to the Upper chest would be realistic.

They would be just fine for service, vintage and precision shooting.

We can put these on our usual white paper(50-60#), it we can put this design on an off-white(oatmeal) Kraft of about the same weight. This off white would be more in line with the fig 11/12.

Please specify oatmeal or white, please only answer if you are considering getting some.

Back
Top Bottom