Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Vz-58

Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    Don't the vz.58s have chrome lined barrels?
    Yes but only the restricted versions...but as superlative announced, the chrome-lined non-restricted version are apparently in the country.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dalebrown5546 View Post
    Yes but only the restricted versions...but as superlative announced, the chrome-lined non-restricted version are apparently in the country.
    I have seen non-restricted CSA vz.58s for sale online, literally only one site though, for whatever reason everybody else is stocking the restricted ones.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    What's the difference they are all heading to the prohib pile
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Not the CSA apparently.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    Oh, that is not the case.

The VZ is entirely new production, while the CZ is built using some surplus parts. Then, there is the tab, the finish, etc...
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Around 2009/2010(time of the now infamous report) - Didn't Marstar have some VZ58(L?)s classed as prohibited because they were made from surplus parts (i.e. converted FAs? - or some such thing)...

...And at that time it was said the cz858s/czh2003 models were NOT affected because they were built as "newly manufactured" using "semi-only" parts?
    Last edited by Tehoke01; 06-06-2013 at 10:48 PM.

What the hell? I need to read up on this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehoke01 View Post

Around 2009/2010(time of the now infamous report) - Didn't Marstar have some VZ58(L?)s classed as prohibited because they were made from surplus parts (i.e. converted FAs? - or some such thing)...

...And at that time it was said the cz858s/czh2003 models were NOT affected because they were built as "newly manufactured" using "semi-only" parts?
    That's what I heard too. The issue is not about functionality, since the CZ858 and VZ58 are functionally identical. The issue is a technicality BS that because the RECEIVER is possibly a converted FA (not sure whether it is, but apparently this is the RCMP's concern), then that makes the CZ858 a "bad gun". Since the CSA VZ58 was constructed as semi only, then it's okay. The CSA VZ58 safety switch switches in the opposite direction to the CZ858, and maybe that affirms that the receiver designs are different.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    We don't often agree my friend, but in this case a have to say tha you seem to be the only one who can see through the smoke screen....
    John
    Last edited by johnone; 06-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehoke01 View Post

We had a shipment of our FSN rifles "reclassified" to prohib status, they were later "re-re classified to restricted and we sold them off....

The CZH2003 were the previous production and were NOT affected at that time....They are now....
    The CZ 858 rifles were imported by Wolverine, they are NOT the same and as a result I cannot comment on them....
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by superlative View Post
    That's what I heard too. The issue is not about functionality, since the CZ858 and VZ58 are functionally identical. The issue is a technicality BS that because the RECEIVER is possibly a converted FA (not sure whether it is, but apparently this is the RCMP's concern), then that makes the CZ858 a "bad gun". Since the CSA VZ58 was constructed as semi only, then it's okay. The CSA VZ58 safety switch switches in the opposite direction to the CZ858, and maybe that affirms that the receiver designs are different.
    The 858 and the 58 are NOT the same as the interior has differences....
    YES the receivers are different, ALL of Marstar's various models the FSN, the VZ-58s, the VZ-2003 were ALL made with SA receivers.... I cannot comment on the VZ-58 "family" of guns as were not sufficiently familiar with either the producers nor the finished products....
    John