Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AIA rifles

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by machman View Post
    Alright...dish on #232 already! Enough with the coy act!!! ;-) Is it the "Holy Grail" of AIA rifles?
    Apparently, when tested shot a consistent 1/2 MOA using M80 FMJ's. It possibly has dark Nuigini Teak furniture.

It didn't cost more or retail for more but was just the perfect shooter.

lol damn, just went and checked mine #026. These are great riffles though. I am comfortable shooting 12"x12" steel plates with irons out to 300m. goes ping every time.
    ORA Service Rifle competitor, NSCC/DCRA supporter, CSSA and CCFR member + Firearms legal defence
    The Antis are after ALL of your firearms. NONE of them are “safe”.
    Wake up Canada!!.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by enfield303t View Post
    Apparently, when tested shot a consistent 1/2 MOA using M80 FMJ's. It possibly has dark Nuigini Teak furniture.

It didn't cost more or retail for more but was just the perfect shooter.
    Sometimes, the stars just align over certain rifles, eh?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield303t View Post
    I have recently corresponded with the Managing Director of AIA and they are producing again however it seems AU is eating up everything in B2's they are able to make. I have a listing for all guns imported by Marstar and the reason why quebecvfr is looking for #232..lol. I also would like to find #232 and wonder if it sold or if John still owns it?

I know there is a waiting list in AU that is growing so it is nice to see the popularity of their products getting to where it should be.

One person here in Canada commented disparaingly more than once about these rifles yet had never shot or handled one. This for certain hurt sales and if that is what he wanted to accomplish he succeeded. The rifles are accurate and well made and the BS written about them was completely off base. On a different site this person attempted to slag the rifles and it was not well received and from what I can see never posted about them again.

I shot a B2 with match ammo and it was extremely accurate, yes it is heavy and it is not a perfect gun however it lived up to my expectations and more. What a bench gun the B2 is, my friend that has one lets me borrow it and off the bench it will consistently shoot under a inch all day long. I have corresponded with a AIA owner who has shot is B2 at 1,000 yards with exceptional accuracy, I also shot a No4 more than once and it was also very very accurate and had no problems.

I wish I could post pictures of the AIA XP11B prototypes that I have but agreed to not do that but let me assure you they have taken their development to a new level. Wonder if the "writer" will slag the new models, unless he personally buys one I know there isn't a snowball in hell chance he will get one from AIA.

Rest assured the new models would make you drool and one thing I can tell you is they will NOT make a No1 Lee Enfield, this has been posted on a different site I belong to.

Magazines are available and the price seems pretty decent to me. I notice AIA sells mags at prices that appear to be a normal retail for any dealer. Of course they are unable to control prices once they have sold them but knowing Marstar is more than fair I would bet the retail from John would be similar. I do hope John brings some in as the prices some have paid is "highway robbery" IMO.

Understand AIA got royally screwed over in their venture into the US and I doubt the Yanks will ever see a importer selling them there. Being as it is doubtful they will take a chance in the US again this hurts volume and reflects in pricing. I personally know many in the US are looking for AIA rifles and they are really scarce and sell the moment they are put up on any site. Marstar is held in High Esteem by AIA and IMO if John wants to import them again he will be warmly welcomed.

My 7.62X39 is a great shooter out to 300 yards and I think is probably ok for 100 more. I have shot Russian surplus and have now decided to handload to make things better. Like most I have found the only fault is the lacquer on the surplus ammo makes it sticky and extraction can be a problem, again this is not a gun problem but a ammo issue.

If you want one buy it with confidence, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to Enfield303t for saving me the trouble of typing a very long email !!! Although I'm probably going to end up writing a full story myself. Oh well...

I was also in contact recently with the owner of AIA, and he provided me with documents on the history of the M10-B2 Match rifle, and also with their current line up. Very interesting read on the M10-B2, that's where I was able to get the info on the number of rifles sent to Canada for that particular model. I will also say that their new models are indeed something to drool over... Now, like Enfield303t, I was waiting for AIA to allow me to post the info here, and will do so if they say it's OK.

I will also confirm that :

- Marstar is talked about in their documents with great respect, so if AIA rifles do start selling again in Canada, expect John to be the one importing them.

- Regarding current availability outside Australia : they can't meet the demand in their own country because almost everything is done by hand and rifles are produced in low numbers. Used rifles are often sold at prices above the 2000 Australian dollars mark (exchange rate being close to 1:1 with the Canadian Dollar... in AUD's favor), so I don't see why AIA would feel the need to export as of now.

- These rifles are really something. I'm really a newbie at shooting in general so won't go into commenting on their accuracy. Fit and finish is just superb, that I can say !! This is most probably THE rifle I will be keeping all of my life before passing it on to my kids. There's just something about it... you need to try them to understand I guess.

Now, regarding #232... It's not physically different than the other 32 M10-B2 Match rifles that were imported to Canada. There are some small technical differences amongst the 32 rifles because AIA was testing various concepts at the time. It's all explained in the documents I have and will hopefully be able to post here, but since it's all too technical for me (as of now at least !!), I won't try going into details. So all of you M10-B2 rifles out there, don't be jalous of #232, yours shoots just as well and is just as pretty !! Out of respect, I'll let the actual owner tell you more about that rifle if he wants to. Or you'll read about it in the document when it gets posted, which ever comes first !! OOhhh, the drama !! eh eh eh

As Enfield303T stated, it's probably hidden somewhere in John's vault... time will tell !!
    Last edited by quebecvfr; 01-25-2013 at 07:38 PM.

So I'm guessing if #232 is special compared to the others, I'm also guessing that my #234 is like number 2 of a new design?
    Time is the fire in which we burn.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecvfr View Post
    Now, regarding #232... It's not physically different than the other 32 M10-B2 Match rifles that were imported to Canada. There are some small technical differences amongst the 32 rifles because AIA was testing various concepts at the time. It's all explained in the documents I have and will hopefully be able to post here, but since it's all too technical for me (as of now at least !!), I won't try going into details. So all of you M10-B2 rifles out there, don't be jalous of #232, yours shoots just as well and is just as pretty !! Out of respect, I'll let the actual owner tell you more about that rifle if he wants to. Or you'll read about it in the document when it gets posted, which ever comes first !! OOhhh, the drama !! eh eh eh As Enfield303T stated, it's probably hidden somewhere in John's vault... time will tell !!
    Thanks for filling us in!
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    AIA rifles;

YES we do have about ten left,. This the No-4 Mk-4....
    They are new, without accessories, just the rifle and one m,ag, they will be priced to sell....

John
    **cough cough** Uhm, when?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Niggles View Post
    **cough cough** Uhm, when?
    I think they are gone now. They were up on sale last week. I was not able to get one, though I tried.

Damn! I was checking periodically but I guess I missed it.

Oh well.

I'm glad to hear AIA is still around but any updates? I was wondering how many M10-B3's were imported and what the MOA was for 571? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by dvereckis; 04-06-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast