Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 28 Hour Ruger Mini 14 Sale $699.95

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We also have some weatherby Vanguard Axioms to clear out shortly.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    You accused us of lowering a price on ammo and then jacking it up the same day = Embarrassing Wrong

Please explain this.
    He's WRONG... it was Canada ammo... and I FIND IT.... they past from 599 to 399.. and back to 599... but was out of stock.. so.. who care !! Probably just a mistake from them....

+1 with Frontier firearm...
    Why you bitching on a F*cking AWESOME DEAL POST... ?! (thx frontier)

GunNutz
    Well, (and I bought one... item processed at postal facility - Saskatoon but probably in transit by now), the Mini-14 has a reputation for less than stellar accuracy. THAT may have prompted the snide-ish remark... I bought one in the late 80s, Ranch model, folding stock, from the gunshop on Burrard in Vancouver - Lever, that's it.. BIG mistake selling that one just before moving to Ottawa. Not stellar accuracy, but it sounded good with the 20 round magazine (sold that, too) Was fun. Then, in NZ, I got a used (up) one for $$250 NZ (about $175 Can) had the barrel swapped in exchange for arranging for a friend to do some detective work on the gunsmith's behalf (a Canadian had bought some net-guns from the Kiwi gunsmith and not paid - my friend's "angel" contacts said the $6000 debt wasn't worth collecting... His cop contacts couldn't do anything either)... Brought the rifle back to Canada and made the mistake of selling it, along with the bigger mistake of selling my Garand, before moving back to NZ for a while. Now, back in Canada, finding a Mini for this price, and still having a job (with promise of contract extension) I'm getting this one. And I'm going to keep it.

Pity you can't own bigger cap mags...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    Well, (and I bought one... item processed at postal facility - Saskatoon but probably in transit by now), the Mini-14 has a reputation for less than stellar accuracy. THAT may have prompted the snide-ish remark...
    That snide remark? Figure he's just sore 'cause he wasn't in there with us getting such a great deal on those Mini 14s. :D

Correction: "the Mini-14 HAD a reputation for less than stellar accuracy." That was cleaned up with the retooling of the production line a few years back and the resulting improved heavier barrel. Much better now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Well I apologize for the Canada Ammo mistake.......but not the on the other. If you get all raddled over a wink.....perhaps there is a reason they went on sale.......again - the guys who purchased are defending you. I will never know..... (notice the winks.......but I'm sure you will be all offended by them again......)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We also have some weatherby Vanguard Axioms to clear out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Please notice the which suggests I am kidding....wow.....
    Ahhh... The ole' "switch-a-roo".

~insert random emiticon to denote sarcasm, but really discontent~

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    ....perhaps there is a reason they went on sale...{there was a good reason, it's called a sales effort on the part of a good business -- look at all the additional advertising the great folks at Frontier are getting due to your waffling and stalling over a long overdue apology!} ... the {smart} guys who purchased are defending you {as they should since they were recipients of those good business practices and stellar service}. I will never know....
    What exactly do you need to know? That there was a real steal of a sale? And that some lucky folks bought a great rifle at a deeply discounted price? In the process, the vendor certainly established plenty of goodwill -- and guaranteed repeat business -- going forward. Those facts are self evident. I plan on purchasing more merchandise from Frontier based on the deal I got and the prompt, professional service that followed the sale. Should the few fortunate buyers who snagged those Minis feel otherwise?

Who are you kidding again? Hmmmmmm.....

I find it offensive that someone slags both a reputable vendor and its customers over an AWESOME DEAL.

But let's end this on a fun, informative note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKcgNCVxYo4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycagS...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej39umHaB08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSihf_ZuAxw&feature=plcp

Ruger Mini 14 ... gotta love 'em!
    Last edited by Bigfooter; 07-22-2012 at 10:21 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    I find it offensive that someone slags both a reputable vendor and its customers over an AWESOME DEAL.
    Who slagged anyone???? I put a in there and the dealer and only the guys that got one take it the wrong way.....get a sense of humour......enjoy your mini

CGN Regular
    We will!