Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 28 Hour Ruger Mini 14 Sale $699.95

GunNutz
    I'm a "snooze and lose" guy in a lot of cases, but largely because of poverty. However... I've been tracking the shipping of my new toy, and it's in Mississauga now - on it's way to Cambridge... I could drive there in about 40 minutes but Canada Post is threatening to deliver it Friday...
    Hope it takes a little less than that...

CGN Regular
    I guarantee that you'll have a very, very big grin on your face when that Mini does eventually show up.

Something else I picked up locally to fend off the "kick" of that Chinese 5.56 surplus ammo: a Pachmayr Decelerator Slip On Recoil Pad. The SMALL size (in black) actually lists the Mini 14 as a suitable recipient.

Note, however, that it'll add an inch of length to the rifle -- transforming the Length of Pull from 13 inches to 14 inches.

GunNutz
    Sitting at work this morning - e-mail notification that I'd been "carded" by Canada Post.

Seems to be a complete mini-14 sitting on the table now. Woo Hoo!!

I am jealous I missed out on this one.

CGN Regular
    Well, I have to thank Gary at Wanstalls for my good fortune. I've been trying to get my hands on the Tactical Innovations 25 magazines for my Ruger 10/22 Takedowns -- Wanstalls is about the only game in Canada on that score -- and was told that those mags' long overdue arrival would be first announced on CGN.

I've been watching the site like a hawk for those puppies because I know they'll sell out quickly (and were supposed to be in weeks ago!).

Unfortunately, with my unexpected, spur-of-the-moment purchase of that Ruger Mini 14 (the 10/22 TDs are actually great training aids for that rifle), my budget for the TI mags is now shifting over to mags for the Mini!

Sorry, Gary! Thanks Joel!!

My excuse? I'd just spent that fateful morning reading oodles online about the Mini 14 and took the Frontier bargain sale as a "sign" that I had to get one. Who am I to argue with that?

BTW It didn't hurt any that my Ruger Takedowns are also stainless steel synthetic models.

Gotta love them weatherproof Rugers!

GunNutz
    Took my new toy to Bridgeport Rod and Gun range today for it's first bangs.

Woo Woo!!! It doesn't bash the heck out of the brass, it shoots minute of bunny rabbit or a bit tighter at 100 (bench at BRG isn't that solid, and with all the elevation blockage gear it wobbles around in a breeze so it's not the best place to get a good zero)

Me Likes This Rifle!

My two cents

I bought a brand new barrel at Frontier F and they sent me a very old one.

I sent many pictures of the rust, blue missing, Gun Kote applied and dents. They just told me that if I was not happy I could send it back at my expenses + restocking fees. There are better stores...

I sent many pictures of the rust, blue missing, Gun Kote applied and dents. They just told me that if I was not happy I could send it back at my expenses + restocking fees. There are better stores...

Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    Took my new toy to Bridgeport Rod and Gun range today for it's first bangs.

Woo Woo!!! It doesn't bash the heck out of the brass, it shoots minute of bunny rabbit or a bit tighter at 100 (bench at BRG isn't that solid, and with all the elevation blockage gear it wobbles around in a breeze so it's not the best place to get a good zero)

Me Likes This Rifle!
    Ah that was you out there.I stopped over for a minute and talked to you.I was over on the handgun range
    Member of CSSA and NFA
    www.brgclub.com
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

I do not have time to chase you around the website to explain the parts you leave out every time you copy and paste the same message. my responce is under this link.