Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun club required to buy restricted

You know, this policy is not even law or bylaw

CGN frequent flyer Doug The Canuck's Avatar
    There is nothing in the Firearms Act that requires you to belong to a club to get a LTATT. It's just another abuse of power by the CFOs making their own rules.
    CSSA, NRA, NSCA Instructor, OFAH

Gun Control Is Like Trying To Prevent Drunk Driving By Making It Harder For Sober Drivers To Own Cars

Thats pretty interesting!

But does it stipulate anywhere in the Firearms Act that a CFO can deny you for what ever reason they want? Or does it need to be a "reasonnable" reason or other similar term...

cause If they need to provide you with a "good" reason, technically couldnt you just appeal their decision in court and let a third party court decide if their reasoning is good enough.

On the other hand, The firearms act does stipulate specific purposes as to why you can transport... so maybe if you cant prove that you do any of those activities then you get denied.

No it doesn't there is a post recently going. On about this and many people are looking to see a first case set precident. It's the same as the back door registry... Shouldn't be happening, but everyone is just allowing it.

Oh as for the transport thing, competitions and shooting events do not require range membership to participate in so there's no reason to deny an application.

I bought a restricted online, I wasn't a club member, gun was delivered to me without issue.

If they ask for membership write (or say) that you INTEND on joining. I put 2 different clubs, didn't join either, no issues.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Win View Post
    I bought a restricted online, I wasn't a club member, gun was delivered to me without issue.

If they ask for membership write (or say) that you INTEND on joining. I put 2 different clubs, didn't join either, no issues.
    Ya, I second that. When I bought my first restricted I wasn't a member of any club.

I bought a pistol last week without a range membership fron Frontier. I just put the range I may join on the form. No problem!

Ok lets get this all together in one post.In Ontario,you may get a short short term ATT or get a Handgun delivered by Canada Post by stating the club you are thinking of joining.To take that firearm anywhere from that spot we will call point A you will need to actually belong to a club that will issue a LATT.Once you have that you can bring your Handgun to any approved range in Ontario which we will call point B.
    Member of CSSA and NFA
    www.brgclub.com
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne

^^I knew you could buy it, but you can't actually shoot it until you have a membership?
    I was under the impression it could still be taken to the range if you're going as someones guest.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast