Thread: Ruger Old Army base/cylinder pins

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar

Ruger Old Army base/cylinder pins

PLEASE NOTE THAT I LIVE IN UK - BUT WILL STILL DEAL WITH CANADA & NORTH AMERICA!

After a lunk in our club bent the cylinder pin on my ROA after dismantling it and failing to tighten the locking screw, I called up Christine at Ruger to order a new one.

She told me that -

a. there are no more base pins - blued or stainless.

b. there are no more ANY spares that are not common to the centre-fire Blackhawk series revolvers.

Soooooooooooo, I have cast about for somebody to make a few, and located a local precision engineering company in a local town prepared to do just that for not too much money, bearing in mind that there are otherwise none at all. They will be made of a high grade of austenitic stainless steel used to make valves [316] and so on in the petro-chemical industry, and therefore highly suitable for this application. Each and every one will be tested in my own ROA before I walk out of the door with them, but as the company concerned routinely works to aerospace and space technology tolerances I have no doubt that they will fit the job.

I need at least ten orders to make it a going concern, and so far have seven in UK and the USA.

All the US orders have come from posters on www.muzzleloading.com - a place where I also post.

Anybody interested should PM me, please, for details.

tac

I bent mine too. Careful use of a hammer can straighten it. Mine is better than ever. Just be careful and don't be too forceful.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

ever get any more?