CSA VZ 58 - Scope Mount Shell Deflector

the scope mounts for over the receiver are only usable for red dots ect that are as short as the rail
i have never seen a shell deflector foe an 858....id say your best bet is home made
ie bend a peice of aluminum to fit tight to the rail mount then get a buddy to tac it on

I ran into the same problem with a scope that extends out past the receiver mount. Casings bounced off the scope and some bounced back into the open receiver, causing a stoppage.

Unless a deflector can actually deflect the casings away from the gun, it will cause it to malfunction.

Saskcop, do you have a solution?

sorry
i was wrong

shamefulll
theres actually a few company's that make shell deflectors....not sure where to get in canada tho
scroll to bottem of this
http://akitatactical.com/?page_id=43

Just pick the right scope....sizewise.
csa.jpg

I wouldn't know. Sportsmansguide had shipped the scope to Niagara Falls, NY post office and my friend (truck driver) picked it up on the way to Canada.

I wouldn't know. Sportsmansguide had shipped the scope to Niagara Falls, NY post office and my friend (truck driver) picked it up on the way to Canada.

I tried ordering a scope and some other gun-related parts from Optic Planet and others. All was prohibited by US export restrictions.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I came across this image while randomly looking at Russian scope options for the VZ-58's. I was looking into a PSOP for my VZ but I would like to know where I can find this shell deflector. Now this looks like a really nice setup only if I knew where it originated from. Anyone have any further ideas?
1484780_10151752865047217_2030834060_n.jpg

Way old thread revival I know, but I am still searching for a viable solution for deflection of brass casings off of my viper PST on my CSA. Has anyone found a solution. I am thinking of just mounting a rubber buffer off of the ring mounts.

Way old thread revival I know, but I am still searching for a viable solution for deflection of brass casings off of my viper PST on my CSA. Has anyone found a solution. I am thinking of just mounting a rubber buffer off of the ring mounts.

Send me a pic if possible when you finish your set up. I'm also looking to mount a 1-4x scope with the csa low profile mount and I'm not sure how I'm going to go about the shell defector.

Got my scope mount in today. It's the Low profile csa mount and bushnell x1-4 with illuminated reticle. Love the set up. Eye relief is perfect with the adjustable stock, and cheek weld is spot on for me. I used weaver tactical 30mm low mounts, as I was trying to mount it as low as possible. I will update when I decide what I'm going to do for a shell deflector. I'd rather not put on the sks one that mounts off the rear sight as the scope doesn't overhang that much. Maybe just tac something to the rail? not sure yet. Here's some pics

Back
Top Bottom