Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Speaking of price, these are on their way to us as we speak and according to the invoice we priced these incorrectly for this round. Lucky for the buyers, but unfortunately all future sales will have to be at the correct price.

As for the difference between US price and Canadian -- shipping and brokerage is extremely expensive. The strong majority of the price difference comes down to the cost of getting the rifles across the border. As nice as it would be for firearms to be cheap all the time, the fact is that we pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time just to get these firearms across the border.

Thanks,
    Dan
    There should be no duty if there made in the us sometimes you get dinged for that at the border when you should of been

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    There should be no duty if there made in the us sometimes you get dinged for that at the border when you should of been
    brokerage is not to be confused with duty...brokerage fees are what you pay (your customs broker) for something to clear customs on top of the taxes (GST/PST/HST whatever) you have to pay to the canadian customs and revenue agency.

export licenses from us state dept costs money too...what is it now $250?

considering these rifles are sold by JRA for the price of $1300, add an export permit, shipping, brokerage...the margins are probably getting pretty slim

Quote Originally Posted by Clubhopper View Post
    I think with the price of these rifles the way they are it would be somewhat hard to justify $1500+ for the rebuilt ones currently on EE. Unless all 100% original service condition garands should appear, then I'd expect those prices be on the high side of 2 grand for whoever is willing to pay. Just look at the USGI 1911 market.
    Sure, if there were ####loads of these available, and judging from the posts above, they are only available in extremely limited numbers, and the next batches will be priced higher. If anything, this will drive the price of original issued beater rifles even higher....
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Sure, if there were s**tloads of these available, and judging from the posts above, they are only available in extremely limited numbers, and the next batches will be priced higher. If anything, this will drive the price of original issued beater rifles even higher....
    yeah i think the biggest factor will be what the 'correct' pricing will be...

5 round emblock

check you local hunting synopsis there will be a mag cap limit seperate for "Hunting" than for the legal mag regs under the federal firearms regs. for target etc. generally 5 for rifle , garand has a 5 round for hunting in bc but 8 for non hunting due to the "mag" exemption

G
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterman View Post
    Where can I find this in print??? All indications are hunting cap. is only 5
    Last edited by Beretta Armorer; 08-21-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    Gotta love Disney copywritten Firearms!
    GARAND CLIPS FOR SALE - OP RODS AND TRIGGERS TOO

Because its a rebuilt commercial rifle now, and there is no collector value?
    You mean in 18 years I can't sell this and pay for my kids tuition? Damn. Who said anything about collectability? My question was simple what recievers were they being built on, instead of an legitimate answer I got a bunch of jibber jabber and an opinion that I could give two ####s about. I have enough collector garands as it is now and it's more then then 2 so anyone on here that got one it would be nice to share what kind of reciever yours is built on, again probably SA but who knows
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

Can't say I agree with that....I have 2 m1 purchased about 10 years ago for $300 and $350 each....they are in quite nice condition and would likely fetch $1500 a piece on the EE.
    If you think these rifles from JRA are gonna be worth 5 times as much in 10 years.....I dunno what to say except good luck!
    First- I do not buy it as a collectible. Yes, i did purchase, like you, Garand at $350 and sold them for $1000 a few year after. What make you think that the JRA Garand will not hike in price at the same rate ( even better) than a beater Garand ? A like new Garand will hold it's value equal or even better than an old part gun. I get guns to shoot them - not to let them sit in the safe or to make money. If the market is such that I make money on it when I sell it - fine. But right now - I am getting a like new - SAFE - Garand with a new MATCH barrel, refinished, new stock and all, and build by a professional gunsmith that know Garand, for $1600. If I had to build one up - just importing the good parts will be a big pain in the aXX and even after the build, and it will not be equal to a JRA or Fulton.
    Many pay BIG $$ to get a match barrel on Garand or just to replace a shot out barrel. One says that the only accurate gun are interesting and I subscribe to that. For the real collectors, it is another story. In am not in this sport to hit barn doors at 50 feet.

CGN Regular

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    I saved a PM containing all of this info in a word document at work. I can post it when I return in a week.

The long and short of it is, the Ontario Regs. say to follow the Federal Regs when it comes to magazine capacity. It is found on page 23 on the top left just above the shaded paragraph in the new 2012 ON hunting regs. The Federal exemption for the Garand are out there in the Regulations somewhere, but I can't seem to find them now.

Found it:

(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not include any cartridge magazine that

(a) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that

(i) is chambered for, or designed to use, rimfire cartridges,

(ii) is a rifle of the type commonly known as the “Lee Enfield” rifle, where the magazine is capable of containing not more than 10 cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed, or

(iii) is commonly known as the U.S. Rifle M1 (Garand) including the Beretta M1 Garand rifle, the Breda M1 Garand rifle and the Springfield Armoury M1 Garand rifle;

Link:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...2.html#docCont

Ian
    You are exactly right. I googled "SOR/92-460" and the actual federal exemption shows up. The Ontario hunting regulations you mentioned are based on Federal Regs. An 8 rd clip can be for target and hunting! You know your stuff.

Lol. Lots of interesting facts in this thread! But lets stay on topic, when are more of these going to be available?

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kirkf View Post
    Lol. Lots of interesting facts in this thread! But lets stay on topic, when are more of these going to be available?

Kirk
    Lol..you are right..we all like (love) the Garand..and this rise the level of passion.. !!