James River Armory M1 Garands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaww, the M1 Garand and it's 8 rounds en block clip...

Always ready to freak out firing range officials (Cuz they don't know THE regulation), pissed off the shooter to your right side (cuz it's raining real hot 30-06 shells) and making the left one stare at your rifle in admiration (Cuz he know what you got in your hands).

Also that "pin-ing" sound when the clip eject is just an orgasm for your ears.

Then you know you got an M1 Garand!

can't wait to shoot it this weekend...or whenever i get my gas plug in.

did a teardown and found the usual suspects: SA bolt, SA oprod and winchester trigger group...

i managed to do some checking on the barrel installed on my rifle and surprisingly its not a a newly manufactured criterion barrel., but a pretty much new post war Springfield Armory barrel: S A 7-51 (July 1951)...i'm actually quite happy that I got a fully built restored all USGI (except for the stock) M1 Garand to call my own :)

I've increased the time between my log ins here because of threads like these. Everytime I come here I find something gorgeous like this. First it was the M1A1's, now the Garands. Damn you Wanstalls. I'm going back to work to make more money so I can give it to you next time these come up.

Great old Garands indeed. I've used mine at Bull Meadow once and did not do half badly considering what it is and what I shot against on the line. I even got two Vs at 800. I also used it one hot summer in Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan and from the prone at 600 yards consistantly banged that 18" metal gong, no sweat!

nice rifles

Unless JRA is marking these somewhere discretely, with the fake stamps this is little better than a faked-up turd and leaves a very foul taste in my collector-centric mouth. EPIC FAIL.

I would pay more to NOT have fake stamps. Did they fake up SA markings on the criterion barrel too?

You can hunt with these - even with the 5 rd limit, you can take an existing mag, drill a couple of holes, cut down to them with a dremel, heat and bend the metal appropriately, and you've got a 5-round mag... I made a few back around 2003 and they worked no sweat... Now.. I sure wish I hadn't sold the damn rifle...

$550.00 mark-up from the U.S. price, oh how I love Canada :mad:

Yeah, unfortunately with a small custom company like JRA they don't really offer any significant dealer pricing, so based our purchasing price and the 3rd party needed to bring them in and the usuall shipping and brokerage etc...well we are at $1799. I'm just happy we got our hands on a few!!

Gary

any news on a batch of a certain German rifle from j.r.a.? when i was in the shop buying the garand one of the guys there mentioned the possibility of them making some...

I'm curious. Does one have to monkey around with the 8 round clips to make them 5 round legal? Or do they technically not require that because they are not magazines? I still have half a dozen clips from when I was a kid. My dad had an ammo box full of surplus Garand ammo with the clips in bandoleers we used for target practice through his .30 06.

M1 Garands are exempted by name within the law. They can have 8 rnd clips at all times (Unless a province specifically regulates the number of centerfire rifle cartridges during hunting season).

You can hunt with these - even with the 5 rd limit, you can take an existing mag, drill a couple of holes, cut down to them with a dremel, heat and bend the metal appropriately, and you've got a 5-round mag... I made a few back around 2003 and they worked no sweat... Now.. I sure wish I hadn't sold the damn rifle...

Well if you really wanted a 5rnd clip you could have just bought them. Additionally, you don't even need them as the M1 is exempted by name.

Price wise the last batch were at $1,799 plus HST ($2015) If they don't have them, they don't post any details...JRA are advertising them for $1295 US...So I guess once brokerage fees, delivery and import duties are paid plus Wanstalls add something were at the $1,799....Just wondering what's stopping any of us from using a broker to get one ?....JRA have some really nice alternatives to the Garand as well...

I really wanted in on the first batch but heard about it too late.

I have two Garands, My baby which is a SA with a VAR barrel, and just a plain sweatheart to shoot, and a repro SA M1D, which is a nice piece as well.

I want a new manufacture gun I can use as a shooter though and just pound rounds through without worrying about shooting out the barrel and wearing out parts on my older ones. (I shoot several k rounds a year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom