James River Armory M1 Garands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked last night and it was $1699.00 and $1945.00 or so with the 200 rounds of AEM13006 ammo.

Considering the price of M1's up here that isn't too far outside of a fair price for an USGI receiver and everything else brand new. I just bought a new criterion barrel and it alone was $480.00 I think.

Ian

They were going for $1700. From the sounds of it this was the second shipment but these things are only done in small batches - I'm sure we'll see more...just need to check somewhere around 30+ times a day to beat everyone else to the checkout line! :p

Thats right, Lever Arms lobbied the Gov to have them unrestricted and the original ammo clip capacity remained at 8. Someone was thinking!

noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all gone... i'm going in there tuesday and better be able to pre-order one from the next batch or i'm going to be pissed....ovrec

We did sell out of the 4 we had and they listed for $1699. We are hoping to bring in a few more but they are hard to get and available in such small numbers. Ill post here once i hear any info on a future shipment...

Gary

Where can I find this in print??? All indications are hunting cap. is only 5

I saved a PM containing all of this info in a word document at work. I can post it when I return in a week.

The long and short of it is, the Ontario Hunting Regs. say to follow the Federal Gun Regs when it comes to magazine capacity. It is found on page 23 on the top left just above the shaded paragraph in the new 2012 ON hunting regs. The Federal exemption for the Garand are out there in the Regulations somewhere, but I can't seem to find them now.

Found it:

(2) Paragraph (1)(a) does not include any cartridge magazine that

(a) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that

(i) is chambered for, or designed to use, rimfire cartridges,

(ii) is a rifle of the type commonly known as the “Lee Enfield” rifle, where the magazine is capable of containing not more than 10 cartridges of the type for which the magazine was originally designed, or

(iii) is commonly known as the U.S. Rifle M1 (Garand) including the Beretta M1 Garand rifle, the Breda M1 Garand rifle and the Springfield Armoury M1 Garand rifle;

Link:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-462/page-2.html#docCont

Ian

Last edited:
n

I care, what's it to you? Might not make it more desirable to you? How would you have any idea of my intentions or the fact I have enough SA rifles and thirsty for a different flavored kool aid.

Because its a rebuilt commercial rifle now, and there is no collector value?

M1's can have an 8 round en-bloc clip, I use mine on the range all the time.
They have a exception to the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom