Page 110 of 689 FirstFirst ... 90100102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Hey guys, having just been going through this application process myself, I know it can be frustrating. For everyone wondering and waiting, and for those who have been waiting for months, I do have some thoughts based on my talks with the staff at the CFC while my process was ongoing. FYI, my license was just issued and is in the mail now, will have it next week.

One thing that has struck me is that the staff at the CFC in Miramichi seem to be overall very good and helpful when you call. I called every week almost, from the day I sent my application in, to the day it was issued. Just politely asked if there was any updates, if they wanted more information, or if there was any way in which I could help them in the issuance. The answer was always "No, everything looks to be in order, but thank you for your call." My cousin went through this at the same time, did the same thing, and ended up saving a lot of time as he had missed one box on his application. Was able to correct that on the phone himself.

Another thing is that the larger holdups seem to be, at least in Alberta, based around not the date of the application, but the date on which the COURSE was taken. This is based off of not only the posts on here but off of anecdotal evidence from friends and family as well. In my case, I wrote my firearms test almost 20 years ago, but my instructor was very diligent and sent the tests/ results in to the government and everything was inputted into their system, so there was/ is a record. I believe that the inputting of the test into the system is the hold up in most Alberta cases. The main reason for this: Anyone can scan and edit a "copy" of their test that they send in with the application, so the CFO must compare the copy with the official turned in results. So you can have delays based on who did your testing, and how quickly they in turn sent in all the proper paperwork. One way to test this is to call the CFC and ask not for your application status, but to see if they have your test on file yet.

Anyways, just my two cents, and to be honest, could be complete bull####, as this is just put together from a small pool of data, but it makes sense to me. And hopefully, it will help out some other people.

Hey guys I sent mine from Northern ON, in April. Today is the 14th of May and they may be processing my app. When I called last Friday I was polite and asked why my birthplace wasn't being accepted for the online tool. They said my app wasn't actually in the system but was probably in the building. The 28-day waiting period wasn't over yet either though, I only wanted to see if it was received. Don't think I'll call every week but maybe again in June or end of May. Hope I get it exactly 45 days like some people. PAL/rPAL first time, no criminal record and no mental health problems.

April 18th
    Last edited by Shackleton; 05-14-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Alberta pal/rpal timeline:

March 26, 2018 - Application received and Credit card charged on same day.

May 7, 2018 - Called rcmp regarding status, was told my photo is being scan, after that will send to Alberta CFO

May 9, 2018 - Called Alberta CFO, was asked to send them Letter of Good Conduct (Work Permit)

May 14, 2018 - No need to call again, Licence was issued.

hey new to this forum

My application showed up online and said "your application is currently being processed. you will, or have been contacted by phone or by mail for additional information" does that mean i missed something on the application?

Quote Originally Posted by brando519 View Post
    hey new to this forum

My application showed up online and said "your application is currently being processed. you will, or have been contacted by phone or by mail for additional information" does that mean i missed something on the application?
    Yes you can call and find out.

yup i didn't print my name on the back of my photo, i signed it, but did not print it...

Sent in application for non-restricted PAL on April 9th and it arrived on the 13th... App still isn't in the system. Called yesterday and was told that I'd be better off calling on May 24th to check the status.. Anyone have an idea as to when the application usually enters the system? Is it worth calling before the 24th to see how far along it is?
    Last edited by GunFan91; 05-15-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunFan91 View Post
    Sent in application for non-restricted PAL on April 9th and it arrived on the 13th... App still isn't in the system. Called yesterday and was told that I'd be better off calling on May 24th to check the status.. Anyone have an idea as to when the application usually enters the system? Is it worth calling before the 24th to see how far along it is?
    Sent mine April 17th or 18th still not in the system. From what I've collected it can take a month to a month and a half for them to put it in their system. Kind of worried because mine doesn't even show as received.

CGN frequent flyer
    Here is mine for reference. I have not seen any go into the system faster then 30 days.

Mar 18 - Complete restricted Pal course (Test needs to go for stamping)
    Mar 21 - Priority mailed application and photo to Miramichi
    Mar 23 - Delivered with signature (DAY 0)
    April 03 - Test arrives back from stamping (Ontario)
    April 04 - Called to ask where to send in stamped test. Told application not in system. Given fax number (Day 12)
    April 23 - Called again to check about faxing, told not in system should be soon call in 2 weeks if not online (Day 31)
    April 25 - Shows up online, Credit Card Charged - Called and faxed/emailed in report (Day 33)
    April 26 - Emailed that form was added. Online changed to completed initial now in progress. (Day 34)
    April 27 - Called to ask if anything was needed. Told its waiting for photo scan. (Day 35)
    April 30 - Called again to ask status. Waiting for photo scan then CFO for approval (Day 38)
    May 02 - Called to ask status and if interview was ready. Was told this no longer is a requirement and they would contact me if needed. Lady was extremely helpful and explained/ answered a lot of questions. Current photo scans take 7-12 days generally but can be up to 2 weeks. After that it goes to CFO office of your province. Ontario has been quick but she mentioned they are getting busier (My guess has to do with clearing restricted transfers.) Sometimes that can be quick with no issues on application (few days) sometimes it can take up to 12 weeks. She recommended calling in 7 days to verify the photo scan was complete and hopefully license was issued. One interesting point she made, once the new card is approved that old one is no longer valid. So for that time she recommended not using the old card for anything or going shooting for those days while the new card is in the mail. (Day 40)
    May 04 - Called in to ask status. Still waiting for photo scan. (Day 42)
    May 08 - Called in to ask status at 4:30pm. Still waiting for photo scan told it can be 45 days at CFO office. (Day 46)
    May 09 - 7:30 am "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" (Day 47)
    May 10 - Called to ask for license number and expiry. Was told the application was approved but not mailed yet. (Day 48)
    May 14 - Called and told license had mailed. Got new PAL number and expiration. Called LGS to start transfers (Day 52)
    May 15 - License Arrives (Day 53)
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal