Page 116 of 688 FirstFirst ... 96106108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124126136 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Alberta Spring 2018 RPAL application

March 29/18 - completed restricted safety course
    April 22/18 - completed RPAL application mailed
    April 27/18 - application received
    June 15/18 - process completed (no interviews)
    June 21/18 - RPAL arrives

About what I had expected in terms of time frame. Now the fun begins!

Ontario Spring RPAL Application

Completed courses and sent application in early March with it arriving in NB 3 days later.
    Showed up online in 30 calendar days.
    14 days to process, arrived 3 days later.
    So about 50 days from them receiving it to get the card in my hands.

Ontario PAL timeline..
    Jan 20th - took cfsc. Passed 100%
    Early Feb - recv. And mailed out Stamped tests from cfo
    Feb 14th - docs recv. in Mirimachi
    Mid Mar - appers online
    Late Mar - completed intial processing
    July 3rd - Still waiting but getting impatient

I have called Mirimachi 3 times now. They tell me everyrhings fine and it with the ontario CFO for final approval. Its been there since end of march. They tell me to wait longer and call back in a few weeks. It says the whole process should take 45 days. Its been with the cfo for 90. Not including the approx. 45 days Mirimachi had it.

I should note as a teen i took the same course and had a pre 1996 firarms licence... As dumb teens sometimes do, i did nothing when they brought in the new laws, did not apply for POL or PAL, and let all my guns go to a relative. I have neve been in any trouble with the police or had any medical issues..
    A friend who applied for RPAL a month after me, has had his for a month already.. He already bough a pistol.. Jealous

Here’s my summary for my BC PAL/RPAL Application:

April 26 - Completed CFSC
    May 2 - Completed CRFSC
    May 10 - Mailed complete application
    May 16 - Application arrived (Did not know this until my application showed up online)
    June 18 - Called in to see if application arrived. Was asked when I mailed it, said May 10, operator said it likely arrived May 14-16 and that my application was sitting in a bundle of applications that would be opened in 4-5 business days.
    June 22 - Application shows up online “Your application has completed initial processing and is now in progress”
    June 27 - Called in because I wanted to make sure they had everything required (I had it in my head that I forgot to print my name on the back of my photo) Was told that at the moment, it looked like they had everything they needed. Operator also said that it can be up to 45 BUSINESS days to process an application due to high volume of applications received.
    July 3 - Checked online, “Your application has been processed and your license has been issued. If you have not received your license in two weeks, please contact the Canadian Firearms Program”

So in total, it took 49 days from the time it was received until the time it was approved. Right around what I had expected. I’ll also add that my application was basically a rubber stamp. Answered no to all questions, no disgruntled exes, and only one partner. None of my references were called, nor was I called for any interview or to provide any other information. All in all, I’m very happy and excited to purchase a new pistol!
    Last edited by Meraxys; 07-03-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Nice, I'm in BC too and i'm only waiting on a normal PAL. They recieved my application May 5th and it's still in initial processing!! I called and they said there wasn't any missing info or issues, just might be a while longer lol. I guess it's luck of the draw.

Let's hope that I'm posting my completed timeline sometime soon!

Im still waiting on mine to be approved, its still in initial processing and it was received April 20th. Going on 76 days now.
    Its not even tied up at the CFOs office like alot of people are its still at Miramichi waiting for I have no idea what.

Any ideas on what i can do here? Im guessing its lost at Miramichi somewhere but nobody at the toll free number will help me. I just emailed my CFO and MP but I doubt they will do much since my MP is liberal and its not even at the CFO yet like I said its still at Miramichi.

Anyone else have any ideas for next steps? People that sent their applications a month after me are getting their cards now. Is there like a miramichi supervisor i can talk to?

Perhaps I can help here ...... and get some help.

My P.A.L. Non-Restricted application received May 10. Initial processing Complete. The Front line person told me at the CFO now. I asked .... there is no missing info / no flagged . I am not sure and maybe someone can help ..... Just how much info does a front line operator have ? Would they have accurate idea of wait time or if ones application more complicated? He did admit since the new year they have been swamped with applications & likely LONGER wait times.
    SOME BAD NEWS: We are dealing with Government . They are in no rush PLUS going into Summer Holidays A LOT of Government offices are running at HALF SPEED ..... half the office on Holiday. Sooooo I am thinking going to be longer wait times for most of us now.

GunNutz
    Is it typical for the fax at Miramichi to be clogged non-stop? Do they always just disconnect you rather than place you on hold when you call in? This whole process is damn near criminal with the unnecessary delays.

Edit: After an hour and a half of redials my fax finally went through.
    Last edited by Cridler; 07-09-2018 at 01:27 PM.

WELCOME to CANADA. A Anti Gun NANNY STATE!!! I think it actually ludicrous the RCMP should be involved in the Process ( Another anti gun organization ) so what do you expect?? Maybe if it was a Community board of local community leaders or exemplary members of Gun clubs & organizations ..... There might be less bias.

So the unusual LONG & SUSPICIOUS delays I keep reading about confirm my fears that we are dealing with a ANTI GUN Organization , jerking around the public of largely LAW ABIDING Citizens requesting a licence.

Keep in mind c71 is not really about PUBLIC SAFETY ( that is the distraction ) Justin Trudeau & Liberals have indicated they are ANTI GUN & look to Australia in the interest in placing RCMP in power to soon ban guns in Canada to the general population. Only Clubs will own guns for members to use for sport shooting.

GunNutz
    May 30- Upgrade to RPAL application received in Miramichi via Registered Mail
    June 20- Test result received in Miramichi via Registered Mail
    July 6- Your Application is being processed but is missing information (test results)
    July 9-Faxed text results since Registered Mail didn’t work and sending again would be another 30 day delay
    July 10-Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

What’s ludicrous about the entire process is that the people you can actually talk to can’t access anything. They can’t check the fax machine or tell you up to what mail day they’ve processed. I talked to a couple of very helpful people at CFP today and you can tell that their hands are basically tied. I already sent them the information that I had to fax again today. It was received by Registered Mail on June 20th but it hadn’t been processed yet as of July 9.
    Last edited by Cridler; 07-10-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Updated status