Page 11 of 689 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Apply for the Silvercore Membership ($30) and you get a letter right away + a pre-filled LTATT application. Bring those to the BC office in Surrey and you get your LTATT in 10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Renegade View Post
    I am going to hold off till january to apply for a LTATT because all the local range meberships go January 1st to December 31st. Im not ging to pay full price for a 2 month membership.
    I want to know where exactly it says a range membership is required to get a LTATT!! Have they not heard of drop in/guest? There is something like 5 ranges within reasonable driving distance what if i did not want to pick one and just use them all as a guest and pay a drop in fee???

I will check out that link though, thanks.:D

After 135 of waiting I have decided to visit BC CFO in Surrey. A very pleasant young man checked the status of my application and said that he will send an e-mail to the Firearms Officer in charge. After 2 hours I checked the status and the license was issued. I am pretty happy !!!
    As I am from Vancouver Island, apparently my application was processed by a FO in Victoria.
    Hopefully my experience will help.

[QUOTE=Max Renegade;7880110]We live in B.C. & both my wife and i applied for an RPAL.

Her story,
    Sept 17th passed the course
    Sept 19th mailed forms
    Oct 15th showed up online (with a recived date of Sept 24th)
    Oct 30th they called to do her interview at noon, refrences called in same day at 3pm & 4pm
    Oct 30th at 6pm looked online status had changed to approved in the mail

I don't understand... my dates are the EXACT same as yours, and i still haven't received my approval. Apparently it has been sitting at the provicial CFO office for 2 weeks. a FO has it but they say it's taking a long time because of the high volume of applications. But if that is the case why are other people getting their approvals on time. Now, granted i have also heard of longer waits too. Why does it take a few days to get past the federal office and it's apparentaly sitting on someones desk for 2 weeks in Surrey? I have phoned several times but i am told to wait and be patient. If anyone has any suggestions for me, i'm all ears.

Timeline for me and my husband:
    Completed and passed our CFSC exams Oct 4
    Mailed our applications Oct 11th
    Application for PAL/RPAL received Oct 15th
    Status changed November 2nd: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    November 13th: Called both of us for our interviews
    November 14th: Our references both called in before noon.
    November 14th: Status changed this afternoon to: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Woo hoo! I'm impressed with their timing so far. Hopefully there's no hold up with the BC CFO!!

[QUOTE=IGraham;7893069]
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Renegade View Post
    We live in B.C. & both my wife and i applied for an RPAL.

Her story,
    Sept 17th passed the course
    Sept 19th mailed forms
    Oct 15th showed up online (with a recived date of Sept 24th)
    Oct 30th they called to do her interview at noon, refrences called in same day at 3pm & 4pm
    Oct 30th at 6pm looked online status had changed to approved in the mail

I don't understand... my dates are the EXACT same as yours, and i still haven't received my approval. Apparently it has been sitting at the provicial CFO office for 2 weeks. a FO has it but they say it's taking a long time because of the high volume of applications. But if that is the case why are other people getting their approvals on time. Now, granted i have also heard of longer waits too. Why does it take a few days to get past the federal office and it's apparentaly sitting on someones desk for 2 weeks in Surrey? I have phoned several times but i am told to wait and be patient. If anyone has any suggestions for me, i'm all ears.
    I dunno my fathers my wife's and mine all where handled around the same time? It never said online that any of them where at the cfo for a approval. Did the interviews and reference checks and an hour later says its approved and in the mail.

On that note they where delivered this week time to shop.

I received a call today from the FO and she told me that my license is approved as well as my LTATT. Not sure why they did the LTATT, but I'm not complaining.
    Should be receiving my RPAL in a couple of weeks.

Oct 30th Application received (RPAL)
    Nov 28th All of my references were contacted at 10 in the morning one after the other, then it was my turn and I was told my license is in the mail at the end of my interview.
    I have no idea how long it actually takes to get to Halifax, are they mailed from the local CFO or Miramichi ?

Did my Pal separate from my RPAL and the wait time is as follows:
    I live in Ontario by the way,

Nov 4th CRFSC Completed, Forms sent to CFO to be stamped
    Nov 26th Received the Results from CFO, Mailed Results + Application via registered Mail, was Received by RCMP in Miramichi Nov 28th
    Nov 28th Application received and in Initial Processing
    Dec 2nd Application Completed initial Processing and is in Progress
    Jan 2nd Received phone call for the phone interview, so did my references
    Jan 2nd (Website) RPAL application has been processed and License Issued
    Jan 11th Still waiting for it in the mail

Should get it within the next week or so, Pretty happy with the wait times, first pal took 6 months from start to finish

Application received June 26 2012 entered final prosessing in August. Licence was issued January 14 2013 after numerous phone calls. So glad I paid for a range membership in April 2012 anticipating I would make use of it before the end of the year :S oh well its on its way now. I wonder how long my Att will take. Alberta is handling that because apparently bc is to busy

Quote Originally Posted by FordStyle View Post
    Application received June 26 2012 entered final prosessing in August. Licence was issued January 14 2013 after numerous phone calls. So glad I paid for a range membership in April 2012 anticipating I would make use of it before the end of the year :S oh well its on its way now. I wonder how long my Att will take. Alberta is handling that because apparently bc is to busy
    You can just call the CFC and the BC CFO extension and apply for your ATT over the phone and have them email it to you. You will have to fax or scan and email your range membership to them. Doing it that way it will only take a few days to a week. Now transfers...those are another story, about a 3 week wait right now.