Page 120 of 690 FirstFirst ... 100110112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987mojave View Post
    Good luck. Ontario cfo has had my file over 100 day nays now and the officer in charge of it is now on vacation..... My tax dollars hard at work
    That’s so ridiculous. Any boxes checked off that would have caused the delay?

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGirl1986 View Post
    This gives me some hope. I called in today and they still do not have a file # so I can send my course results in. They received my application on June 13th. Will call again on Friday to check in on the status.
    Did it show up online? Mine is still not there, and it was received one day after yours.

CGN frequent flyer RifleGirl1986's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba1 View Post
    Did it show up online? Mine is still not there, and it was received one day after yours.
    No, called in again today. They said mine should show sometime mid next week. She said they were working on the ones that arrived just before mine. I plan to call Wednesday again to try to get another update. Hopefully yours will show on the system next week too.

Upgrading from PAL to RPAL sent June 7, called today just to check on the status even though its not online, the officer I talked to said to call back in 2 weeks. Or when my cheque goes through.

BANNED
    Did the whole renewal thing photo & app online with the smartphone in about 15 minutes.
    Received the plastic document in the mail about 3 1/2 weeks later.
    Of course mine is only a PAL for rifles & shotguns.
    Might take longer for those with restricted or prohibited firearms.
    When c71 passes it’ll probably take a year with all the background checks going back to the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cridler View Post
    That’s so ridiculous. Any boxes checked off that would have caused the delay?
    Nope not a one.. Passed course with a perfect score.. No criminal record. No medical history...

Had a valid non- restricted licence since they first legislated it. Took the restricted course(passed it) April 15. Sent all paperwork to the Firearms Safety people. Got it back May 15th. Sent completed application and course paperwork in to RCMP on May 16th by priority post. They received it May 18th. Was told 4 to 6 weeks to process. I did call weekly just to try and find out if the app was complete or if there were any outstanding missing material. Finally during the 6th week i was advised my app was being processed. I did recieve my updated licence on July 13th. Im in Ontario. RCMP say the applications are "High Volume" and the calls are "High Volume" so all their representatives are busy! I cant believe there are that many applications thus creating a backlog. Keep on trying and dont give in to beurocracy!

Last edited by Comrade Ogilvy; 12-14-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987mojave View Post
    I contacted my MP 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back, much less have a licence issued. So... Still waiting closing in on 6 months
    Did you call or email? Seems most emails go unanswered. We had to repeatedly call and got an appointment scheduled to meet in person.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGirl1986 View Post
    This gives me some hope. I called in today and they still do not have a file # so I can send my course results in. They received my application on June 13th. Will call again on Friday to check in on the status.
    I'm seeing an average of 40 calendar days from the date they receive to the date they appear online.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    An update, My application appeared online today (July 18, 2018).

Although I got a message, basically saying I will be contacted via mail, or phone due to missing information.

I called Miramichi, and the rep had told me that there was in issue with my photo, but she couldn't figure out what the issue was. Everything looked to be in order, I was told to give them a call in 5 days for an update.
    I needed to send in a photo, they received the updated photo yesterday (July 23, 2018). I called today, and was told to give them a call back in a few weeks to get an update to confirm they received the photo.