Page 121 of 689 FirstFirst ... 101111113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129131141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Sent all my paper work for an upgrade to RPAL. It was received may. 11th
    It showed up online June. 20th
    Called today July. 24th and was told the Alberta CFO has had it since late June but have a large back log and to call back in 3 to 4 weeks. Very frustrating.

Time line of my application thus far. From Quebec, for PAL

April 28. completed CFSC
    May 30. Received stamped packet
    May 31. Sent application
    June 6. Application received at Miramichi
    July 16. Application showed up online and CC was charged
    July 20. Called Miramichi. The lady i spoke with was very nice, said my photo was scanned into the system and she was going to send it to the Quebec CFO (slightly frustrating that it seems the only reason it even got sent that day was becasue I called)

Today I called in and was told the Quebec CFO has the file and to call back in a few weeks. (Day 50)

CGN frequent flyer RifleGirl1986's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGirl1986 View Post
    No, called in again today. They said mine should show sometime mid next week. She said they were working on the ones that arrived just before mine. I plan to call Wednesday again to try to get another update. Hopefully yours will show on the system next week too.
    Checked online today. I now have an application #. I emailed in my course reports just a few minutes ago. Will call tomorrow to confirm they received my email and if needed I will fax in the report instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987mojave View Post
    Ontario PAL timeline..
    Jan 20th - took cfsc. Passed 100%
    Early Feb - recv. And mailed out Stamped tests from cfo
    Feb 14th - docs recv. in Mirimachi
    Mid Mar - appers online
    Late Mar - completed intial processing
    July 3rd - Still waiting but getting impatient

I have called Mirimachi 3 times now. They tell me everyrhings fine and it with the ontario CFO for final approval. Its been there since end of march. They tell me to wait longer and call back in a few weeks. It says the whole process should take 45 days. Its been with the cfo for 90. Not including the approx. 45 days Mirimachi had it.

I should note as a teen i took the same course and had a pre 1996 firarms licence... As dumb teens sometimes do, i did nothing when they brought in the new laws, did not apply for POL or PAL, and let all my guns go to a relative. I have neve been in any trouble with the police or had any medical issues..
    A friend who applied for RPAL a month after me, has had his for a month already.. He already bough a pistol.. Jealous
    July 24th update. Over five months now.
    Finally was able to talk to a nice firearms officer. Turns out my application was flagged. For what im 90% certain was a court apperance....for drive with no insurance... Not sure how a traffic violation could get me flagged but.. There is nothing else from that timeframe (2014) that there could be... .. Will know more in the next couple days. . if you feel your application is taking too long you probably got flagged .. Will update again later

On june 13th 2018 I mailed in my application and have been checking online to see if it has arrived says no information matching. Called on July 24th and the office said it hasn't been entered yet but that it doesnt mean it hasn't been recieved

Received stamped marks for PAL and RPAL June 7
    Sent package in and was received in Mirimachi June 11
    Checked the sight today and license was issued today July 25th
    I live in Ontario

CGN frequent flyer RifleGirl1986's Avatar
    My timeline so far:

June 08-10 took courses

June 10 mailed application tracked with signature required

June 13 received by Mirimachi

June 25 received stamped course reports back

July 24 shows up online needing info
    July 24 email and fax in course reports (fax was the method that seemed to work when I called in next day)

July 25 called to confirm they received my course reports and nothing else was missing. Now shows online as:
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytog View Post
    Received stamped marks for PAL and RPAL June 7
    Sent package in and was received in Mirimachi June 11
    Checked the sight today and license was issued today July 25th
    I live in Ontario
    Wow that was fast, I guess the Ontario CFO has more staff. I sent mine to Miramachi May 31, called the Quebec CFO today to see if my app was flagged or if they were having trouble reaching my references. He said no issues with my app and for PAL they wont call references they are just back logged. The CFO said it should be issued in 2-3 weeks. Add on another 2 weeks to get it in the mail... hopefully end of aug.... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987mojave View Post
    July 24th update. Over five months now.
    Finally was able to talk to a nice firearms officer. Turns out my application was flagged. For what im 90% certain was a court apperance....for drive with no insurance... Not sure how a traffic violation could get me flagged but.. There is nothing else from that timeframe (2014) that there could be... .. Will know more in the next couple days. . if you feel your application is taking too long you probably got flagged .. Will update again later
    July 30th update. Was contacted back by the same firearms officer. Turns out the incident was nothing... Well it was something. I was questioned by police in relation to an incident that happend in 2014.... Anyhow. He asked a few more question and approved my apliction over the phone... So. Total time from course end (jan 20 2018) to approval today... 6 months and 10 days... Just hope you dont get redflagged. So much for the 45 day wait. But my card shoud be here in a week or so. Cool.

CGN Regular
    My son and I mailed ours to NB on June 4. Showed online that they were received on June 11. Checked July 26 and showed as approved and RPAL's issued. Hopefully they will show up this week.
    Brian