Page 141 of 691 FirstFirst ... 121131133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149151161 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    Im sitting on day 115 as of today (October 1st, 2018). I called the Ontario CFO last week. Managed to get the officers extension that is handling my application. My application got flagged, and was sent to the folks that handle additional screening. The voicemail mentioned they are quite far behind with applications, and priority is on renewals, and they will call you back if you leave your information. I'm still awaiting a call back so I can get this sorted. Being a first time applicant I have a feeling i'll be waiting quite a bit until they get to me.

That sucks man Do you know why it got flagged? Any boxes ticked?

Quote Originally Posted by pbruce706 View Post
    Nice! Glad it worked out for you, supervisor may have been concerned about a firearm that was floating around in a mail room. Did you let him know what the contents were?
    Yeah, after the second call when he said he thought it was lost essentially.. I opened up and got real with him. He immediately sounded super alarmed and probably didn't want to deal with the RCMP if a restricted had gone missing, so that definitely helped kick him into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    Im sitting on day 115 as of today (October 1st, 2018). I called the Ontario CFO last week. Managed to get the officers extension that is handling my application. My application got flagged, and was sent to the folks that handle additional screening. The voicemail mentioned they are quite far behind with applications, and priority is on renewals, and they will call you back if you leave your information. I'm still awaiting a call back so I can get this sorted. Being a first time applicant I have a feeling i'll be waiting quite a bit until they get to me.
    Damn man, I really wish you the best! So weird because I'm also in Ontario and had thought I got flagged/would've been flagged because I had a serious arrest 4.5 years ago that did show up on their system. Guess I was lucky and it didn't meet some criteria or something, especially considering I had no references called.

My progress so far
    September 5 - Application received
    September 21 - Status Updated to “Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date”
    September 24 – I called in to see if any information is missing – Person on the phone is very polite and say that nothing is missing, they are just waiting for the pictures to be scanned at this point.
    September 26 – My reference called in for an interview - all went well.
    October 1 – I called in asking for application status – person on the phone say nothing is missing on the application, they are just processing the application, no further detail is given to me. I asked if the application have been forwarded to CFO, she said “No, we are still processing it”...not very comforting at this point....

Just now check it and issued 2018 Oct. 01, 17:30 PT

Aug.18 & 19: Non-restricted & restricted Course.
    Aug. 19: Got the original results after course.
    Aug. 30: Application received by Mirimachi
    Sep. 14: Credit card charged | Application shows up online as completed initial processing and in progress | Get the application Number.
    Oct. 01: Issued

Nobody call in or get a call from RCMP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hamilton View Post
    As of today I have nothing showing up online when I check.

I know they received the entire application with everything sep 11. So not sure when to see accepted online..??
    mine was all reicved sept 11... showed up online today finally as app has completed initial processing

Just received RPAL today. 68 days total. Alberta. No references called or interview. I called CFO at 60 days to see what the hold up and they said, just a minute. ok we can approve that on the spot.

No criminal record, all boxes No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Just received RPAL today. 68 days total. Alberta. No references called or interview. I called CFO at 60 days to see what the hold up and they said, just a minute. ok we can approve that on the spot.

No criminal record, all boxes No.
    Do you know how long the CFO had it for?

I'm a PAL to RPAL upgrade in Alberta. Day 52. Called the CFP again. Was told my photo still hasn't scanned.. Hasn't gone to CFO. No criminal record, all boxes checked "No". I think I'm going to contact my MP in the next couple of days.

I called at around day 50 and they said it had gone to the CFO, The I called CFO a day 60 and they approved it right away, got in mail a week later. imo, I would just wait untl 2 months, call and if they said it’s with the CFO the ask to be transfered to CFO. I don’t think they are trying to slow walk your application, just the normal civil service slowness and holiday coming up. MP can’t do much unless it’s been 6months and no action, then might apply some pressure

2018-08-31 Received on:
    2018-10-04 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Nobody called references or myself

Alberta