Page 151 of 690 FirstFirst ... 131141143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159161171 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

PAL to RPAL upgrade
    July 30th: Miramichi receives my application
    August 29th: Credit card is charged and "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date"
    Oct 5th: First call to know what's is going on. Application is complete and with provincial CFO, call us back in a few weeks.
    Nov 2nd: Second call. No update, call us back in a few weeks...
    Applications in Quebec are so slow....
    I only believe in logic. And I see none in more gun control...

CGN Regular
    How do you guys know Miramichi receives your application? I mailed mine out 3 weeks ago but not sure if it got caught in the strike.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGoose View Post
    How do you guys know Miramichi receives your application? I mailed mine out 3 weeks ago but not sure if it got caught in the strike.
    I sent mine registered mail. You wouldnt know until it showed up online...or never does lol

When you check the status of your application and the initial processing has been done, they indicate when they received it.

You can check the status of your application on the RCMP website: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...pp_dem-eng.htm
    I only believe in logic. And I see none in more gun control...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
    I sent mine registered mail. You wouldnt know until it showed up online...or never does lol
    I should have done this but I was too cheap haha $1 vs $10. I just hope to get my PAL in time for the boxing day sales.

CGN Regular
    I've read of people calling in to get their pal number before their cards arrive in order to start a restricted transfer. I'm just wondering what the legality of that would be. I'm starting to think with these Canada Post strikes it'll be a while before I get my card in the mail.

CGN frequent flyer
    When I saw the website flip to approved I called in and told the lady I would like my PAL number so I could order some ammo that was on sale. She didn’t seem to mind and gave it up willingly.

I wouldn’t go to the range though or bring the firearm out of my house until the card arrives.

Oct5 : Application received in Miramichi

Nov 5: CC charged, application shows online as completed initial processing, your status is in progress

Nov 8: Called 1-800 number to see if they need any more info. Told no and they are waiting on photo to be scanned. No need for references

Nov 12: Called again to confirm if they need references or anything they said it is in the final stages at the CFO's office.

Nov 14: Check around 3pm and still the same status. Checked again at 7pm and it changed to license issued!

Located in Alberta. Both Non and Restricted PAL

Quote Originally Posted by PBC View Post
    Update, just flipped to issued today.

No calls, Ottawa/ON
    Received yesterday - awesome 44 days!

Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    When I saw the website flip to approved I called in and told the lady I would like my PAL number so I could order some ammo that was on sale. She didn’t seem to mind and gave it up willingly.

I wouldn’t go to the range though or bring the firearm out of my house until the card arrives.
    I did exactly that and RCMP CFP were glad to help me out with my licence number. I did it to start a transfer and also to take advantage of that sweet Tenda ammo sale (1000 CCI Blazer 9 mm at 249.00)!

PBC