Page 152 of 689 FirstFirst ... 132142144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160162172 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6885

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I replied in another post but I decided to write again anyways

Ontario Resident
    NOV 8 2018- Send in the Application Without test result, instead a notes around that box says the result will follow later (HAS NO CLUE IF YOU CAN JUST WRITE THE NOTES IN THE APPLICATION SHEET BUT I DID ANYWAYS)
    NOV 12 2018 - Received by CFP/RCMP in Miramichi, NB, according to Canada Post
    NOV 15 2018 - Try to log in and failed, seems my info not in the system yet. Don't know if my Place of birth seems odd to them.

Actually did my course in Feb this year, yet did not attend the test for some reason. Feel regret and just want to get the PAL in my hand before Bill C-71 in effect

This is my first comment.

Living in GTA, here's my timeline:
    June 23 & 24 - took courses and passed the exams
    Sep 17 - mailed out from GTA
    Sep 20 - Miramachi Received
    Oct 17 - They charged the fee
    Nov 9 - One of my references called rcmp to see if this can speed up the process, but got a disappointed answer that they don't accept references' call in
    Nov 14 - my first phone call to rcmp asking how's my application but nobody answer after a long waiting
    Nov 15 - Second call, tried to directly contact Ontario cfo. I gave two calls (two extensions actually), one reply told me they'll try to find out the reason (why it has taken 57 days) and promised me they'll call me back later soon. But I didn't get any call that day.
    Nov 16 - 11:23 am, I got a phone call from cfo asked me some basic questions, which took me about 5 minutes. And then he tried to call my references, however, neither of them were able to pick up the phone. About an hour later, my license was issued!

Total: 58 days (including the day they received my application)
    Questions they asked me: 1. are you a student? 2. which university and what's your program? 3. birth place? 4. couple things about the days when I was in BC before I moved to Ontario 5. do you live in campus? 6. are you living in a rented house? 7. are you gonna purchase a firearm right after you get the license? 8. what are you doing to do with your firearm? 9. where do you plan to go for the purchase? after finished all those questions he gave me some suggestions for a beginner, a very nice officer!

Hope this helps
    Last edited by putnamplayer; 11-17-2018 at 11:10 PM.

tips: keep calling them

yes it is slow they receive my application aug8 , nothing yet

emailed october 22th and not showing up online yet

Finally got my rpal, took almost a year but well worth the wait!

No check marks but they can still flag you for incidents from the early 90s.

Mine took about 60 days..... but I took my Pal course in the summer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hey There

I'm a new user as well as a new potential firearms owner!

I'd like to know if the the wait time is going to be longer since my application was sent late October. Here the timeline as follows:

October 29th: Application received by Miramichi, sent via registered mail

October 30th: CFSC Taken, and passed

November 10th: Called RCMP to see if they got my application, they said since it was signed for, they got it

November 15th: Called again to ask for when I could see my application online, they said it would be about 3 weeks for the time the got my application.

November 20th: Checked online to see if my application is online, still not up.

I'd like to know if everything I did was on the up-and-up. I hope everything is going well, I wanna be able to get some holiday deals!

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiangunnerz View Post
    Hey There

I'm a new user as well as a new potential firearms owner!

I'd like to know if the the wait time is going to be longer since my application was sent late October. Here the timeline as follows:

October 29th: Application received by Miramichi, sent via registered mail

October 30th: CFSC Taken, and passed

November 10th: Called RCMP to see if they got my application, they said since it was signed for, they got it

November 15th: Called again to ask for when I could see my application online, they said it would be about 3 weeks for the time the got my application.

November 20th: Checked online to see if my application is online, still not up.

I'd like to know if everything I did was on the up-and-up. I hope everything is going well, I wanna be able to get some holiday deals!

Thanks in advance
    I sent mine a week before you, sent my dad's one at the same time.

We both dont have any news yet, nothing online yet too.

Yeah, I actually talked to the RCMP today. They said they were going through the October 22nd batch of applications and to wait and see next week to see if there's anything online. They said once my Credit card was charged I should call them. I just don't want to be waiting for 9 months or a year just because I wasn't proactive. Thats the reason I'm on here, to get some advice from people who have been through the process already.