Page 163 of 690 FirstFirst ... 143153155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171173183 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chunter1990 View Post
    Checked the status of my application for PAL today and see the following message:

"Current Status: Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date."

Does this mean there is an issue? I see other people are getting "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." so wonder if I'm missing some information...

I was planning on calling Monday anyway but wanted to see if others know whether this is likely a problem or not.
    It sounds like it, possibly some missing info or payment issues. I would call and ask what is needed.

[QUOTE=chris0wnz;15478421]Decided to give them a call today just to see if they could tell me if ill need references called and if my picture has been scanned. Nice lady said currently my application is going through some sort of screening right now and

That's literally word for word what I was told yesterday when I called and then I looked online later in the day at my license was issued. I was also told during a previous call that they dont call references in Alberta anymore.

[QUOTE=chunter1990;15478933]Checked the status of my application for PAL today and see the following message:

"Current Status: Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date."

Does this mean there is an issue? I see other people are getting "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." so wonder if I'm missing some information...

Call right away. It means you missed a box. Or screwed up a signature. Or something administrative and until it’s fixed won’t go further. Small clerical error. Or a picture error. Something silly.

Ah damn I see. Thanks, I’ll give them a call ASAP! Thought I had everything in order but apparently not...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledoherty View Post
    It’s the cfo that does final approvals. And references and screening. So if you have a clean record and your refs pick up. You will be getting it soon. You could call the cfo and ask for the file number and if your reffeeences can call in. That will take the random out of it worth a few minutes on hold for sure.
    yeah i may have to do that. Only on day 30 so ill give it a week or more than call to verify its at cfo and see if i can get interviews done asap. I only applied for a PAL so im hoping screening isn't as intense and means a faster turn around time

[QUOTE=Mercermaddness;15479071]
    Quote Originally Posted by chris0wnz View Post
    Decided to give them a call today just to see if they could tell me if ill need references called and if my picture has been scanned. Nice lady said currently my application is going through some sort of screening right now and

That's literally word for word what I was told yesterday when I called and then I looked online later in the day at my license was issued. I was also told during a previous call that they dont call references in Alberta anymore.
    #### man your gunna get my hopes up lmao. Day 30 today i would lose it if i got it issued today lol.

Took me like four-five months. They claimed they mailed it to me but it got RTS'ed, then I had to phone them they sent it back to the exact same location.

Called the RCMP on Friday regarding my faxed cfsc report and they said it may take another week for them to put in their system (Sent the report 26th of November). The wait is killing me lol. Just missed the black Friday sales, so I gotta shoot for the Christmas sales next. I just hope to get approved before the holidays come around.

Mine is initial process completed since november 22th with no missing info and I am still waiting. I dont think I'll get it for christmas sales, at this point I'll stop waiting for it, its killing me aha.

Quote Originally Posted by vildric View Post
    Mine is initial process completed since november 22th with no missing info and I am still waiting. I dont think I'll get it for christmas sales, at this point I'll stop waiting for it, its killing me aha.
    I feel you man. The pistol I wanted just sold out. The rifle I wanted is now a back order item. I’ve conceded to give up too as with Christmas coming not much is going to happen until mid January anyways. Plus all the paperwork post purchase. It was kind of expecting too much to be shooting in less than a year. There are cases of super fast turn around. But the average seems to be 4-6 months. Then att and registration racks on another month.