Page 168 of 690 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176178188 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by vildric View Post
    my pal application timeline

october 22th 2018 : application sent

october 25th 2018 : application received by rcmp

november 22th 2018 : application show up online

november 29th 2018 : call rcmp, told no informations are missing, and to call back "in a few weeks" if i dont receive my pal.

december 11th 2018 : call rcmp, told my application is in final process, with quebec cfo, shouldnt take too long at this point and to call back in two or three weeks if i dont have my pal.

december 17th 2018 : Your application has been processed and your application has been issued.

MAN THAT FEELING.

Is it safe to call RCMP to get PAL number and order a gun online before receiving the card?

After all I'm legal, I just dont have the paper in hand yet?
    I was just able to call and get my PAL number and my card hasn't come in. I would say it's safe to assume you can order one online without the card, I just wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Someone know how long it take to receive the card, CFO told me 7 to 10 business but I hope it get in faster than that.

PAL card is sent from RCMP in miramichi or from provincial CFO?

Someone know how long it take to receive the card, CFO told me 7 to 10 business but I hope it get in faster than that.

Not 100% sure where it's sent from, but my understanding is that once Miramichi completes the initial check, they send it over electronically to the CFO for approval.

CFO approves, and then Miramichi prints off your licence.

Status of my application was changed to issued on Dec. 12th. Have yet to receive it, but I'll be willing to bet it's in the mail when I get home from work today.

VICTORY!!!

Finally, after calling and calling and calling I finally got my PAL

I called into my CFO to see what's going on with my application, and I was told that they didn't receive my CFSC report after it being received to the RCMP 3 weeks ago! So I asked if there was a way to sent my report to them asap and the review officer told me her email address to send the report directly to her, and sure enough I was approved! Now I can pick up some ammo that's on sale lol. Just goes to show you that you have to keep on top of things in order to get what you want.

It took me since October 29th to finally get approved, it was long but It was well worth it!
    Last edited by Canadiangunnerz; 12-18-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Received by Miramichi on September/24, charged and appeared online on October/19, called several times, been told waiting for Ontario CFO's approval, still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlck View Post
    Received by Miramichi on September/24, charged and appeared online on October/19, called several times, been told waiting for Ontario CFO's approval, still waiting.
    You've got to call the CFO directly and politely tell them your plight. Ask to see if everything is on the up-and-up and get as much info as you can about your application. That's what I did, I just kept on calling and calling till they gave me a suitable answer, but you have to be polite.

My Pal/RPAL process (first time applicant in BC)

October 17th&19th 2018 Took CFSC/CRFSC
    November 2nd 2018 Received CFSC/CRFSC report from instructor
    November 7th 2018 Application mailed via Canada Post express (paid $18 instead of regular $6 registered mail because I was afraid it might get jammed up with the strike)
    November 13th 2018 Application received in Miramichi
    December 6th 2018 CC charged and application appeared online (typical "Initial process completed please check back at a later date")
    December 18th 2018 Application processed and license issued.

Total approx. 35 days since application was delivered (Clean record, no boxes checked)

Honestly, I was surprised, I thought being so close to Christmas I would most likely have to wait till Jan/Feb 2019. I don't even plan on calling them till after new year.
    I guess now I have to call the CFO (I assume?) to get my license number, got some last minute additions to my holiday shopping list.

i already waiting for 5 mouths from montreal

i already waiting for 5 months montreal
    Anyone here dealed with Quebec CFO recently?

I called RCMP yesterday, they told me my application is in final stage, with the quebec cfo, and that it should not be very long from there and to call back in 2 weeks if I dont have my PAL.

So my hope was high but on the other end some people on another thread were told by quebec cfo that the waiting time is currently 4-6 months in CFO which is crazy.

If RCMP told me its in final process and to call back in two weeks, its because they know something I dont, or I'll wait till april for the cfo?

Mine took 7 business days to receive in Alberta.