Page 169 of 691 FirstFirst ... 149159161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177179189 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by ianch View Post
    Current timeline for my application. Located in Calgary, AB:

Sept. 22, 2018 - Completed CFSC (Only completed non-restriction portion as I hate shooting handguns and don't have the money for it)
    Sept. 26,2018 - Mailed in application to Miramichi, only for Non-restricted PAL
    Oct. 1, 2018 - Received at RCMP office, confirmed by registered mail (all days counted from this day forward)
    Nov. 1, 2018 - Application status online "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." (22 business days, 31 total days)
    Nov. 2, 2018 - CC charged (23 business days, 32 total days)
    Nov. 14, 2018 - Called RCMP number to check on application. Was told timeline could range anywhere from 45 - 90 days for completion (30 business days, 44 total days)
    Nov. 26th, 2018 - Called again to check. Was told there was no issues and that I was still within the specified 45 - 90 days for completion. Instructed to call back in 9 weeks (LOL) if I still didn't have the licence. (39 business days, 56 total days)
    Dec. 4th, 2018 - Called again to check. Was told that the typical completion time was 45 BUSINESS days and that I was still within that window. Current application was in its final stage of review prior to being sent off to the Alberta CFO for final approval. Instructed to call back if I still didn't have my card in hand by the end of the month (44 business days, 64 total days thus far)

I'm amazed that it is taking this long for me to only get a non-restricted PAL. I didn't check off any boxes, have no criminal history, and have no previous exes I need to worry about.

I'm a little annoyed as I missed the black Friday sales and will most likely miss the boxing day sales as well. Winchester is having a wicked sale with a rebate on their PA SXP models and I would have loved to scoop one of those up before the new year.
    Update:

Dec. 12th, 2018 - Status updated on website to issued
    Dec. 18th, 2018 - Licence received in the mail

54 business days, 78 total days from first received in Miramichi to card in hand.

Went to Cabela's the night I got my PAL and I am now the proud owner of a Mossberg 500 Classic field, a Winchester SXP, a Marlin 795 .22LR, and a mountain of ammo.
    Last edited by ianch; 12-19-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_PRC View Post
    Complete Time Line
    Toronto, Ontario
    Oct 5-7 Took PAL and RPAL courses and passed both tests
    Oct 18 Both tests stamped at FSESO
    Oct 31 Stamped tests report received
    Nov 1 Application sent by express mail
    Nov 8 Application received and signed at Miramichi (took 7 days by express mail due to CP strike)
    Dec 3 Credit Card charged, application status showed online
    Dec 11 Checked at 8 p.m. "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued"
    Did not received a call and no references were called by cfo
    33 Calendar days from they received my application .... I think it's not that bad.
    Update
    Dec 19 Checked mail. Licence delivered.

Mine was issued december 17th cant wait to have my card in hand.

Just got the approval from RCMP. (Non-Res)

37 days from the time that I sent in my application (Ontario) quite impressed with the turnaround and happy I have the number before the boxing day sales.

One question around that though, the lady on the phone said I could not buy anything without the card in hand. I was under the impression that if I had my number, that was sufficient for purchasing online. Any idea what the actual law is?

Quote Originally Posted by skip29 View Post

37 days from the time that I sent in my application (Ontario) quite impressed with the turnaround and happy I have the number before the boxing day sales.

One question around that though, the lady on the phone said I could not buy anything without the card in hand. I was under the impression that if I had my number, that was sufficient for purchasing online. Any idea what the actual law is?
    I’d wait for the physical card just in case.

Miramichi got my application Nov. 30th (registered mail)
    Just got off the phone with them, and they told me it can take 6 weeks before it shows up online ugggg

Quote Originally Posted by skip29 View Post

You can purchase them online with only the licence number, but when the firearm is delivered or you pick it up, you have to present the physical licence.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_PRC View Post
    You can purchase them online with only the licence number, but when the firearm is delivered or you pick it up, you have to present the physical licence.
    To whom? The mail-man?
    Il messanger non è importante

Issued since december 17th and I dont have my card in hand yet, I hope I'll get it tomorrow or I'll miss boxing day sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledwyn329 View Post
    Miramichi got my application Nov. 30th (registered mail)
    Just got off the phone with them, and they told me it can take 6 weeks before it shows up online ugggg
    Called last week with a Nov 9th received date. She told me to call if nothing changes by the end of January. My guess is typical holiday slowdown.