Page 193 of 691 FirstFirst ... 173183185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201203213 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 6903

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by irishcanuck View Post
    Not sure if its the same in BC but in Ontario, a local area firearms officer will be assigned to investigate your application if it's been flagged. If you haven't already, call the CFO's office and ask to speak to person in charge of your file.
    Iv called in so many times and everytime they say there is noone to speak to and I need to just wait ... they tell me I'm welcome to call back in 30 days ... asked for a email contact to the CFO in charge of my file and they say no

How do you know if your application gets flagged?

My application showed as license issued 2 weeks ago, but I haven't received it yet. I feel like 2 weeks even Canada Post snail mail from NB to BC is too long, worried its lost or delivered to the wrong house. Before I call them, wondering if anyone else had theirs take this long?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    My application showed as license issued 2 weeks ago, but I haven't received it yet. I feel like 2 weeks even Canada Post snail mail from NB to BC is too long, worried its lost or delivered to the wrong house. Before I call them, wondering if anyone else had theirs take this long?
    My PAL only took a few days even through SnailMail. 2 weeks is too much, I would totally phone them and ask for a re-issue.

Thanks FNG1911! I called and they looked into it, apparently it's still in line to just be printed. She said they have a long wait for that step, so should be another week or so. I'm relieved it's not MIA

My son mailed his application in on Dec 27th 2018 to upgrade his minor's PAL one month before his 18th birthday. We both took the RPAL course on Feb 18th 2019 and he called in to have the RPAL added to his application already in a couple days after. March 25th his RPAL test results came in from the Ontario CFO and he faxed them into NB. March 29th PAL/ RPAL licence issued. Time to spend dad's money on a sig p226 x5 and an AR15. Just got his G drivers licence a couple weeks ago too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlucas View Post
    Iv called in so many times and everytime they say there is noone to speak to and I need to just wait ... they tell me I'm welcome to call back in 30 days ... asked for a email contact to the CFO in charge of my file and they say no
    That's ridiculous.

Have you contacted your local MP? My application was flagged as well and other users recommended I get my MP involved. Even though my MP is liberal and very anti-firearm, he was able to speed up the process.

You can file a freedom of information request to find out the status of your application since obviously no one at the CFO is providing you with that info.

A complaint to the BC Ombudsman is another option you can pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by irishcanuck View Post
    That's ridiculous.
    Have you contacted your local MP? My application was flagged as well and other users recommended I get my MP involved. Even though my MP is liberal and very anti-firearm, he was able to speed up the process.
    How long did you wait until you involved your MP?

My form was mailed in Sept. Still waiting in BC.

I was thinking of driving over to the BC Headquarters where the CFO office is and ask in person what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Thanks FNG1911! I called and they looked into it, apparently it's still in line to just be printed. She said they have a long wait for that step, so should be another week or so. I'm relieved it's not MIA
    Thanks for the information Corrine. I mistakenly thought that "issued" meant they were/have mailed it out. I guess should not have gotten excited. Here is my timeline today:

Nov 2, 2018 Signed up for CFSC
    Jan 5-6, 2019 CFSC taken
    Feb 1, 2019 Stamped test results received from province
    Feb 2, 2019 PAL application mailed out snail mail
    Feb 8, 2019 R.C.M.P. claimed to have received my application on this date.
    March 11, 2019 Credit Card charged $60, Application listed "in progress" on website.
    March 19, 2019 Phoned in and was told application is with CFO
    March 21, 2019 Online status now reads "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number."
    April 2nd, 2019 or Day 151 still waiting...

Warning to anyone with mental health interactions with the police:

The CFO is saying I "failed to disclose" my police interaction because I checked off "no" to the question about being reported to the police for violent behaviour. I took it as violence towards others (esp since the question right before was asking about mental health issues and suicide) but apparently it also includes self-harm. So when someone reported me to the police for being suicidal because they mistook something I said, that counts.