Page 197 of 690 FirstFirst ... 177187189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205207217 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Wouldn’t all applications be assigned to an officer though? I’m assuming applications come in and get assigned for one person to process.

Called in today. Day 45 since they received my application. They said to phone back in 6 weeks. Geesh what downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    Called in today. Day 45 since they received my application. They said to phone back in 6 weeks. Geesh what downer.
    Which province?

Did you phone Miramichi, or the CFO?

Applications are sent from Mirmichi to the provincial cfo for background checks, if it gets assigned to an officer it’s flagged.

Applications that are processed in 45 days do not get assigned to an officer directly.

Hopefully they get this printer sorted, I got approved on the 21st still hasn’t been printed lady said it’s going to be printed today, now i only have an expired pal and turkey season starts on the 25th here’s the question would i be still able to go without license in hand only my expired one ? It’s not like im unlicensed but hopefully it shows up before turkey season

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    Applications are sent from Mirmichi to the provincial cfo for background checks, if it gets assigned to an officer it’s flagged.

Applications that are processed in 45 days do not get assigned to an officer directly.
    *sigh* this is the price I pay for being honest I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Only trying to set your expectations, I thought mine would only take 45 days......took almost a year and the worst part, I didn’t check any boxes. I was flagged for something so trivial from the 90’s.....yes 90’s lol

Bill C71 has been in place for a while now

Edit: It is possible to speed up the process, you have to get a hold of your file number first then try to get a hold of the officer in charge of the file. Sometimes you’ll get lucky and get a hold of the right person who will give you the extension of the officer in charge of the file. This is at the Provincial cfo level, skip Mirimichi all together, they can’t help at this point.

Once you have the extension keep leaving voicemails and eventually you’ll get a call
    Good luck
    Last edited by jdmaks; 04-08-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    Only trying to set your expectations, I thought mine would only take 45 days......took almost a year and the worst part, I didn’t check any boxes. I was flagged for something so trivial from the 90’s.....yes 90’s lol

Bill C71 has been in place for a while now
    Did you do any follow up? It seems they aren’t really actively digging up info on flagged applications so they just sit in a pile waiting for no particular reason.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Try getting the name and number of the officer assigned to your case. Call in to speed up the process. Get your references to call in. If you don't call, you're probably gonna end up one of those guys who will have to wait years.

[QUOTE=xeronine;15861976]Did you do any follow up? It seems they aren’t really actively digging up info on flagged applications so they just sit in a pile waiting
    Last edited by jdmaks; 06-28-2019 at 11:58 AM.