Page 198 of 689 FirstFirst ... 178188190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206208218 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
    Hopefully they get this printer sorted, I got approved on the 21st still hasn’t been printed lady said it’s going to be printed today, now i only have an expired pal and turkey season starts on the 25th here’s the question would i be still able to go without license in hand only my expired one ? It’s not like im unlicensed but hopefully it shows up before turkey season
    I called today and they told me that my card likely wouldn't get printed for another 2 weeks.

My license was approved on April 1.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    How soon would you reach out to an MP?

I checked yes to 16d but my application has only been with them for 33 days. As of day 30 my application was with the Ontario CFO for "final approval" so that could mean it could be approved any day now or maybe in a few months like your own experience.
    Day 30, lol. I was around 8 months in when I got fed up and started really harassing them. Got approved within 3 weeks of sending them a letter/getting MP to contact the CFO in charge of my file. Depends what you ticked on the personal history questions, I ticked the box about "have the police ever been called to your residence" over a verbal dispute and it got delayed that long. It's really just a test of patience, also since I moved residences recently that probably sped it up aswell. Good luck. Keep pestering them as much as you can, call as often as you can, exhaust all of your resources to get them to blow the dust off your application thats sitting on a desk somewhere

Think of the volume of PAL's the CFP prints each day the "printer" is working. If there are ~ 2,100,000 PAL holders and each is renewed every 5 years based on the month of your birth. That should mean there are 2,100,000[PAL holders] / 60[renewal months] / (30[days in a month]*(5/7)[business days per week]). That is about 1,600 PAL's per day that need to be processed and printed to stay on top of things. No wonder I haven't seen my new rPAL in the mail yet.

........update..............................

I called the CFP today and was told they are printing applications "approved/issued" on February 18. They have 2 card generators, one is broken and the other is working extra hard I guess. The CFP representative told me the broken card generator was creating ~ 1,000 cards per day. Big backlog at this point I'm guessing.
    Last edited by kayakerca; 04-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glizzygang View Post
    Day 30, lol. I was around 8 months in when I got fed up and started really harassing them. Got approved within 3 weeks of sending them a letter/getting MP to contact the CFO in charge of my file. Depends what you ticked on the personal history questions, I ticked the box about "have the police ever been called to your residence" over a verbal dispute and it got delayed that long. It's really just a test of patience, also since I moved residences recently that probably sped it up aswell. Good luck. Keep pestering them as much as you can, call as often as you can, exhaust all of your resources to get them to blow the dust off your application thats sitting on a desk somewhere
    You mailed a letter to the CFO in Orillia?

I think I'm screwed because I know my MP is a Liberal, so I decided to Google "Mark Holland firearms" and I don't think this guy is going to be doing me any favors.

Debating calling the CFO again and asking to speak to the officer in charge of my application, but it seems like the likelihood of that happening is low

EDIT: Called again and I at least got her name. Said there was a backlog for applications from the end of last year. Ugh
    Last edited by xeronine; 04-09-2019 at 10:06 AM.

I think I'm screwed because I know my MP is a Liberal, so I decided to Google "Mark Holland firearms" and I don't think this guy is going to be doing me any favors.

Debating calling the CFO again and asking to speak to the officer in charge of my application, but it seems like the likelihood of that happening is low

EDIT: Called again and I at least got her name. Said there was a backlog for applications from the end of last year. Ugh
    My MP is also Liberal and anti-firearm (and unsurprisingly also very unfamiliar with firearms policies) but he was nevertheless able to make some calls and move my application along. Regardless of their political stance, your MP is responsible for representing your issues at the federal level.

CFO for my province which is alberta, my MP is conservative so it wasn't an issue. But since it's been such a short amount of time and they are pretty backlogged (last month i was told they were dealing with applications from june-may of 2018) I'd keep being patient. If it gets to the 6 month mark and you still haven't got it then id really start trying to expedite it IE; your MP, letters to CFO etc. Getting an RPAL is a true test of patience haha

I applied beginning on February. Called a month later to see what was up and I was informed they had no idea about my application... oddly enough it was in my mail box the next morning. Nobody called references or anything. So my guess is that’s its anarchy there or they are just pushin them through as fast as possible.

Mine just hit the first check point!
    Just came online after 3 weeks.
    Now its hurry up & wait. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerca View Post
    Think of the volume of PAL's the CFP prints each day the "printer" is working. If there are ~ 2,100,000 PAL holders and each is renewed every 5 years based on the month of your birth. That should mean there are 2,100,000[PAL holders] / 60[renewal months] / (30[days in a month]*(5/7)[business days per week]). That is about 1,600 PAL's per day that need to be processed and printed to stay on top of things. No wonder I haven't seen my new rPAL in the mail yet.

........update..............................

I called the CFP today and was told they are printing applications "approved/issued" on February 18. They have 2 card generators, one is broken and the other is working extra hard I guess. The CFP representative told me the broken card generator was creating ~ 1,000 cards per day. Big backlog at this point I'm guessing.
    Thanks for sharing this info. I would have been left wondering why my card was so delayed. I'm sure they're doing their best, though it feels like the waiting will never end.

Keep hammering her every couple weeks, this should speed up the process.