Page 208 of 688 FirstFirst ... 188198200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216218228 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    I just received my plastic in the mail last week. My RPAL had been approved March 16th. Anyways, I called them 2 weeks ago to see when I could expect the plastic and the lady told me their printer hasn't been working properly so they were only printing at half the speed of normal so there was a delay in getting licenses mailed.

Be patient....these are very nice people, they've always been friendly to me and I'm sure they get tired of answering the "where's my PAL?" everyday.....Patience is key (I know easier said than done) lol

I guess the RCMP is lying about the wait time and the legislation is also wrong??

I don't care how quick he got his and most likely a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Dude, it isn’t 28 business days. There was a guy I was taking to whoa was approved in 34 days, which would be 24 business days. It’s 28 days period. Weekends included, and it starts the day they receive your application (not from when they open it).
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I guess the RCMP is lying about the wait time and the legislation is also wrong??

I don't care how quick he got his and most likely a fluke.
    It's a 28 waiting period, likely in a situation where if there doesn't happen to be any backlog, someone who wants to do harm to themselves is going to have to wait a month at a minimum.

Just like someone who moves to Ontario has to wait 3 months for OHIP to kick in. That too includes weekends, not just business days. I don't know why it's so difficult to fathom.

Seems pretty foolish to go through the course, application process, purchase process just to harm yourself or others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
    Seems pretty foolish to go through the course, application process, purchase process just to harm yourself or others.
    Oh I agree entirely, but I’m sure that’s intended purpose of the mandatory waiting period. Don’t they have a waiting period for most purchases in the US too for similar reasons? To give you time to cool down and reevaluate?

Quote Originally Posted by TBois View Post
    I just received my plastic in the mail last week. My RPAL had been approved March 16th.
    Did your rPAL come with the ATT conditions printed on the back (assuming it is your initial rPAL, rather than the second one issued when you buy your first restricted firearm)?

Any updates on card printing? My application was approved today but I probably won’t have the card in hand for another month or so?

Great news! ;-)
    I was told 4-6 weeks last wed.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Any updates on card printing? My application was approved today but I probably won’t have the card in hand for another month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
    Great news! ;-)
    I was told 4-6 weeks last wed.
    Thanks Ringwraith

Ahh shucks, still a bit of a wait but we're on the home stretch!

Yes indeed! I'm just glad its approved & there's no nonsense to deal with. Still saving for my 1911 & checking out ranges any ways. :-)