Page 209 of 690 FirstFirst ... 189199201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217219229 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Thanks Ringwraith

Ahh shucks, still a bit of a wait but we're on the home stretch!
    Start stocking up on ammo, range bags, soft/hard cases, safes etc...

I remember the wait for the card was more painful than the application it’s self.

Soon as I saw the card in my mail box, drove directly to my Lgs lol.

Day 172

Good news! PAL has finally arrived. Unfortunately the rifle I wanted to buy 6 months ago has been discontinued and its replacement model isn't expected until the end of May... Shop owner said he'd see if he can still get one that may still be around, but not to hold my breath...

Nov 2, 2018 Signed up for CFSC
    Nov 3, 2018 PAL application completed, no boxes checked, photo taken and signed by guarantor, two references signed. No history, no background (unless you count multiple security clearances with government of Canada...)
    Jan 5-6, 2019 CFSC taken
    Feb 1, 2019 Stamped test results received from province
    Feb 1, 2019 PAL application mailed out snail mail
    Feb 8, 2019 R.C.M.P. claim to have received my application on this date.
    March 11, 2019 Credit Card charged $60, Application listed "in progress" on website.
    March 19, 2019 Phoned in and was told application is with CFO
    March 21, 2019 Online status now reads "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number."
    April 23, 2019 PAL arrives

Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully it comes soon... I'm off to Service Ontario to apply for Hunter Outdoors card with firearm...

Quote Originally Posted by Icebane View Post
    Day 172

Good news! PAL has finally arrived. Unfortunately the rifle I wanted to buy 6 months ago has been discontinued and its replacement model isn't expected until the end of May... Shop owner said he'd see if he can still get one that may still be around, but not to hold my breath...

Nov 2, 2018 Signed up for CFSC
    Nov 3, 2018 PAL application completed, no boxes checked, photo taken and signed by guarantor, two references signed. No history, no background (unless you count multiple security clearances with government of Canada...)
    Jan 5-6, 2019 CFSC taken
    Feb 1, 2019 Stamped test results received from province
    Feb 1, 2019 PAL application mailed out snail mail
    Feb 8, 2019 R.C.M.P. claim to have received my application on this date.
    March 11, 2019 Credit Card charged $60, Application listed "in progress" on website.
    March 19, 2019 Phoned in and was told application is with CFO
    March 21, 2019 Online status now reads "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number."
    April 23, 2019 PAL arrives

Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully it comes soon... I'm off to Service Ontario to apply for Hunter Outdoors card with firearm...
    Feb 8 to now is 75 days not 172. FWIW mine was received Jan 18 and I acknowledge I wasn't waiting for RCMP when I was fulfilling the parts I'm responsible for in the days prior to that. But congratulations anyway my man.

My pal renewal plus Rpal application got to NB on Mar 11 and on April 18th licence was issued....with this printer deal i hope to see the card by June. My son was issued his rpal licence a month ago and as of yesterday it is still waiting to be printed...poor kid already bought a sig p226 x5 and an m&p 15 online and is going crazy waiting so he can pick them up.

No way. They received mine at JAN-3-2019, it still in process at the CFO QC. Almost 4 month now.

Quote Originally Posted by lxCaucassus View Post
    Im from Quebec. First time PAL/RPAL applicant, here's what I got

Jan 24. Handed RPAL application to Montreal Police
    Feb 8. Application Arrives at Miramichi
    Feb 19: Passed Bill 9 training
    March 12: Application online, credit card charged

I called today, they said that all documents are in order and they are "scanning my photo" before doing the "eligibility checks". After that they would send it off to Quebec for final approval/investigation (because Quebec Does that)
    Any suggestions on how to speed up the notoriously long Quebec CFO process?
    So GOOD news. The Quebec CFO finally got around to calling my references. they just approved my license. WOOHOO

So updated timeline:

Jan 24. Handed RPAL application to Montreal Police
    Feb 8. Application Arrives at Miramichi
    Feb 19: Passed Bill 9 training
    March 12: Application online, credit card charged
    April 24: Called by Quebec CFO for interview
    April 25: "license has been issued"

It only took like, 92 days from reception to license. All it took is calling them every Monday, every week since the Quebec CFO got the details.

Quote Originally Posted by zifeng View Post
    No way. They received mine at JAN-3-2019, it still in process at the CFO QC. Almost 4 month now.
    Call the Quebec CFO. Every week. if you're lucky the person on the phone with you is going to put an acceleration order on your application

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Mine says application received march 29 and my credit card payment was taken out yesterday April 26, 2019. For both restricted and non restricted. I'm in Ontario. I know this is a hard question to know exact but any idea of how much longer because I'm going nuts!! Also, what questions do they ask the references? Already have my safe and my club membership paid for. Luckily it doesn't kick in until my first round at the range. Was gonna buy 2 used firearms from the store in bc today only to be beat out by minutes. I'm losing my mind!!! Any help would be awesome. Thanks

My card was in the mailbox last night when I got home from a fishing trip. Lic issed March 21.

The minimum 28 day waiting period starts on day they entered into the system. If you answered no to all the personal history questions and you have not been in trouble with cops in the last 5 years then the Firearms Officers in Miramichi will approve your licence without sending to CFO. Keep checking the website, it will happen sometime next week. However once your application status changes to licence issued then it will take one month to 40 days because they are having some licence printer problems.

If on the other hand there is any red flag then it can take up to 6 months while they investigate as your application is sent to Ontario CFO for further checking. Your references will most likely not be called.

Hang in there buddy.
    -- Saigol7