Page 210 of 690 FirstFirst ... 190200202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218220230 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Well... I didn't have much luck today. I phoned the RCMP and inquired as to the status of their printer related issues. My status relative to the backlog due to the printer issues, and also asked for my licence numbers. Before I go any further, I was nothing but nice, courteous and pleasant from start to finish with the representative on the phone.

I was met with a bit of resistance immediately. She wasn't really interested in having the conversation, it seemed. She promptly told me that it's not "printer issues" but "printer maintenance". I then proceeded to ask if that due to the fact that I'm "approved and issued" that I could be provided my licence numbers - at which point she sharply informed me that no one is to EVER obtain their licence numbers ahead of time. That we must wait until the physical cards are mailed out and in hand before we can purchase a firearm, ammo, etc (I desperately wanted to get into the conversation about how the number is all that's needed as most ammo and firearms are purchased online... but I knew she wasn't going to care). I explained to her the reason I called was due to the fact that I know of others who have been issued the numbers ahead of time due to the printer issues... she sharply told me "that's not possible". I then proceeded to ask where I was in relation to the backlog... she wouldn't look, but gave me a rough idea, saying "probably about 2-3 weeks before it's printed", she wouldn't look at my file specifically when I asked, and after I questioned her again looking for a better idea of where my licence was in the printing process (because many of you knew almost exactly when yours would hit the printer from conversations with the RCMP)... again she would only give me a rough idea based on her loose knowledge of the backlog - nothing specific relative to my licence specifically.

It was a frustrating conversation to say the least. She wouldn't offer up any cold hard facts, and just loose information relative to the situation. No licence numbers or further help. Again, I couldn't have been nicer, calmer and courteous.... but believe me, I wanted to pull my hair out. I must have be lucky enough to get the "wrong person". Boo.

I did tell her that I wanted the number so I could begin the process of purchasing a rifle that is very hard to obtain... that if I didn't get the number soon, it's very likely that the firearm would be sold and gone forever. Was that a mistake?

I'm thinking I should call back and get someone else who's a little more receptive?
    I called yesterday and spoke with a lady who wasn't very helpful. She kinda just brushed me off. Two weeks ago I spoke to a guy and he was very nice and helpful and everything he said was on point (credit card charge dates, when to call back if stats isn't updated etc.)
    These guys probably get so many "where's my pal" calls that they have dreams about this stuff lol

Had a buddy of mine in Ontario wait over 90 days for his application!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey01 View Post
    My card was in the mailbox last night when I got home from a fishing trip. Lic issed March 21.
    Congratulations friend. I figured yours wasn't too far behind mine. Have fun stocking up on ammo...

From what I'm reading here it looks like it could take awhile for me to get my PAL, I sent mine in at April 19th. Guess I just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh7052 View Post
    From what I'm reading here it looks like it could take awhile for me to get my PAL, I sent mine in at April 19th. Guess I just have to be patient.
    You might not wait too long depending on your personal history. It’ll probably show up online just before the Victoria Day weekend. If you’re lucky you might get an approval by June!

Well here is my sad story. . .

Ontario:

December 9, 2018 -- Paid for CrFSC
    January 12/13, 2019 -- Take CrFSC
    January 14 -- Course results sent to FSESO
    February 14 -- Paperwork received back from FSESO
    February 14 -- Express Post application to CFP in Miramichi
    February 18 -- CFP received application in Miramichi
    March 15 -- Account is updated to "In Process" on CFP website
    March 15 -- Payment Processed
    March 26 -- Account is updated to "your license has been issued" (at which time I bought a CZ Shadow 2 online)
    April 30 -- PAL received in the mail (no conditions)

I spoke with the CFP people today and they told me it would be another 3 - 4 weeks for my card with conditions attached to be issued. Arghhhhh. . . . .

edit: Over the years I've had all of FAC/POL/(non-restricted) PAL. The restricted PAL was an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerca View Post
    Well here is my sad story. . .

Ontario:

December 9, 2018 -- Paid for CrFSC
    January 12/13, 2019 -- Take CrFSC
    January 14 -- Course results sent to FSESO
    February 14 -- Paperwork received back from FSESO
    February 14 -- Express Post application to CFP in Miramichi
    February 18 -- CFP received application in Miramichi
    March 15 -- Account is updated to "In Process" on CFP website
    March 15 -- Payment Processed
    March 26 -- Account is updated to "your license has been issued" (at which time I bought a CZ Shadow 2 online)
    April 30 -- PAL received in the mail (no conditions)

I spoke with the CFP people today and they told me it would be another 3 - 4 weeks for my card with conditions attached to be issued. Arghhhhh. . . . .

edit: Over the years I've had all of FAC/POL/(non-restricted) PAL. The restricted PAL was an upgrade.
    How did you place the order online without your card?

The website said mine was issued 2 weeks ago so i called today. Apparently the machine is still not working properly and they are only able to print at 50% I should try and call back in a couple weeks to see if mine is even printed yet. This process is unreal. Never have I seen such incompetency in my whole life. Is there really that many applications coming in that it takes months and months and months?
    Ive been going to the post office 3 times a day for the last week. Guess I can stop doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    How did you place the order online without your card?
    The day the CFP website was updated to the "your license has been issued" I called the store and ordered the CZ Shadow. The person helping me asked for my rPAL info. I told him my name and PAL number (excluding the suffix .xxxx part of the number) and that it had been upgraded from my PAL to rPAL, but that I had not yet received the physical card for the rPAL. The clerk said that was not a problem as all the information they needed was available to them when they went to do the registration and transfer request (expiry date, last digits of the rPAL, etc), which was obviously approved by the CFP or CFO. That was 5 weeks ago. Had I not done it when I did, and only ordered the firearm today when I received my plastic today, I would have another 8 - 9 weeks to wait as the new rPAL plastic was put in the "print que" when the store requested the transport authorization and registration. That was 5 weeks ago as I said, and they now say another 3 - 4 weeks on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerca View Post
    The day the CFP website was updated to the "your license has been issued" I called the store and ordered the CZ Shadow. The person helping me asked for my rPAL info. I told him my name and PAL number (excluding the suffix .xxxx part of the number) and that it had been upgraded from my PAL to rPAL, but that I had not yet received the physical card for the rPAL. The clerk said that was not a problem as all the information they needed was available to them when they went to do the registration and transfer request (expiry date, last digits of the rPAL, etc), which was obviously approved by the CFP or CFO. That was 5 weeks ago. Had I not done it when I did, and only ordered the firearm today when I received my plastic today, I would have another 8 - 9 weeks to wait as the new rPAL plastic was put in the "print que" when the store requested the transport authorization and registration. That was 5 weeks ago as I said, and they now say another 3 - 4 weeks on top of that.
    Oh I see. Different situation. Thanks for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    Apparently the machine is still not working properly and they are only able to print at 50% I should try and call back in a couple weeks to see if mine is even printed yet. This process is unreal. Never have I seen such incompetency in my whole life. Is there really that many applications coming in that it takes months and months and months?
    Ive been going to the post office 3 times a day for the last week. Guess I can stop doing that.
    Man I thought I was eager, but you actually go to the post office (not the mailbox) 3 times a day??

I keep hoping they'll get the second printer online soon, but that may just be a dream. How much could it possible cost to simply buy a brand new second one or even a third one and get this backlog cleared.