Page 250 of 690 FirstFirst ... 230240242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258260270 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I have a past record which included drugs, weapons and some and I still got mine from class to card in the mail in just under 3 months. Didn't even call me or my references for Rpal. Ontario cfo rocks. Mind you,'they weren't the crimes of the century though lol
    I'm kind of jealous, Alberta sucks. They seem to not want to give anyone their PAL here. My crimes if you even call the few I have that, are minor. They just drag it out
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Quote Originally Posted by RoberVi View Post
    Mine was approved june 21, as of last Wednesday when i called, they told me it might be from 2 to 6 more weeks for my licence to be printed...

Which one is it?!?
    I seriously hope, the person you spoke to was right
    Mine was approved in April and they said it will still be at least 3 more weeks before its printed when I called last week. A few people posting here that they received their license within a month of being issued. RCMPs timelines seem pretty all over the place. Fast approaching 3 months just to print and mail me it.

202 days now. I've called the CFO more times than I can remember. I get the same answer every time. "it's been forwarded to the CFO for final approval last week"

Quote Originally Posted by WillNotMiss View Post
    202 days now. I've called the CFO more times than I can remember. I get the same answer every time. "it's been forwarded to the CFO for final approval last week"
    You called the CFP but you should call YOUR REAL CFO using their extension (it can easily be found on google)

==================
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of Quebec : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 7005
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of British Columbia : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 9530
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of Ontario : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 7503

==================
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Even calling the CFO doesnt get you anywhere. I was literally told another 3 months.. and they apparently cant tell you how many CFO the province has either. So stupid. Alberta sucks ass. It's like they are trying to bog up the system
    Me vs. PaL wait times

Not lucky because Its when I called the Quebec CFO that my RPAL got approved over the phone
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I have a past record which included drugs, weapons and some and I still got mine from class to card in the mail in just under 3 months. Didn't even call me or my references for Rpal. Ontario cfo rocks. Mind you,'they weren't the crimes of the century though lol
    Thank God! I was really losing hope after calling in and hearing that my application was held back due to a "prohibited to possess a firearm" condition I received over 10 years ago. After doing my research, i found that this is a mandatory condition given to any drug charges. First time offenders (myself) are burdened by this condition for a minimum of 10 years. As it has been over 10 years, i really hope that there is still a chance that i will be issued my PAL/RPAL soon. Fingers crossed and praying that that is the case. But if not, i will have to try and find a way to get this condition expunged from my name before re-applying. Anybody know how i can get a condition expunged? Been searching the internet for days with no luck. Only finding results for expunging criminal records, which I dont have. Since my sentence was a conditional discharge. Conditional discharges only stay on your record for 3 years and is not considered a conviction. Application was received on May 2, 2019. So it's been just a little bit over 2 months of a wait so far. I'm from British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    I think i read somewhere that ANY police contact is taken into account? Just curious if this is actually a factor they look at.
    Because of my work i have had to call in to 911 often (always as a witness /reportee / complainant) I have attended court a few times
    as a witness. So my name would be in police reports quite a bit over the last almost 20 years. So does that count or is it just when you
    are a suspect / charged with something?
    From what I've gathered from calling CFO weekly, it looks to be that way. I thought it was just a quick scan of your background, showing charges and/or convictions. But it seems that they take into account every police encounter you may have had in your life. Unfortunately after bill c-71 passed, it is no longer limited to the past 5 years. So any stupid decisions and mistakes you may have made when you were young and dumb, may very well bite you in the ass.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    Thank God! I was really losing hope after calling in and hearing that my application was held back due to a "prohibited to possess a firearm" condition I received over 10 years ago. After doing my research, i found that this is a mandatory condition given to any drug charges. First time offenders (myself) are burdened by this condition for a minimum of 10 years. As it has been over 10 years, i really hope that there is still a chance that i will be issued my PAL/RPAL soon. Fingers crossed and praying that that is the case. But if not, i will have to try and find a way to get this condition expunged from my name before re-applying. Anybody know how i can get a condition expunged? Been searching the internet for days with no luck. Only finding results for expunging criminal records, which I dont have. Since my sentence was a conditional discharge. Conditional discharges only stay on your record for 3 years and is not considered a conviction. Application was received on May 2, 2019. So it's been just a little bit over 2 months of a wait so far. I'm from British Columbia.
    The best thing I can say is to get a pardon. Ive had those same restrictions before as well. I've also read in a different forum that someone with a past armed robbery charge got it. But who knows how credible that statement is. Heck, I even have a lifetime ban from the states lol. Believe me, it's nothing to brag about at all and I am different now from my past but I'm letting you know this so you don't give up hope just yet. I don't know if you guys have the john Howard society in BC but I've heard they work wonders with past charges. It takes about a year and $1000.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Damgam74 View Post
    I'm kind of jealous, Alberta sucks. They seem to not want to give anyone their PAL here. My crimes if you even call the few I have that, are minor. They just drag it out
    I find (my opinion only) that Ontario is one of the most strict provinces in canada. Maybe this is their way of cutting us a break lol.