Page 251 of 691 FirstFirst ... 231241243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259261271 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6903

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I find (my opinion only) that Ontario is one of the most strict provinces in canada. Maybe this is their way of cutting us a break lol.
    And Quebec...
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    From what I've gathered from calling CFO weekly, it looks to be that way. I thought it was just a quick scan of your background, showing charges and/or convictions. But it seems that they take into account every police encounter you may have had in your life. Unfortunately after bill c-71 passed, it is no longer limited to the past 5 years. So any stupid decisions and mistakes you may have made when you were young and dumb, may very well bite you in the ass.

From what I gather when I talked to the Alberta CFO unit, she said that as a first time applicant your entire life CPIC, Local police database, and interpol if be a reason to check interpol, get audited using some type of matrix. Then 5 years mental health, and domestic situations. (Also that the provisions of bill c71 need to be enacted, and aside from Quebec gun marking something or other nothing in the bill has come to effect.) This can take as long as it takes. and if you live in Alberta, its another 200% longer just because of that. and seeing as an individual with identical vitals has purple interpol notice on file, its going to be 500 days for me easy. I bet my left testicle, that i don't see gun ownership. I'll bet the right one too, that i never own more than a 12 Ga. thanks to C71, and the gun ban.
    Last edited by Trustme; 07-09-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: because i am stupid and can't think and wright cohesively at the same time.
    CCFR

Took the course with my friends a few months ago

Jan 28-29 CFSC/CFRSC
    Feb 3 Xpresspost mail
    Feb 7 Received.
    Mar 15 Issued.
    April 16 Arrived.

My PAL arrived quite a bit longer than my friends, I think 2 or 3 weeks.

RPAL uprgade timeline

Sent May 21
    Recieved June 6
    C/C charged June 26
    Lic issued July 9

Quote Originally Posted by Trustme View Post
    From what I gather when I talked to the Alberta CFO unit, she said that as a first time applicant your entire life CPIC, Local police database, and interpol if be a reason to check interpol, get audited using some type of matrix. Then 5 years mental health, and domestic situations. (Also that the provisions of bill c71 need to be enacted, and aside from Quebec gun marking something or other nothing in the bill has come to effect.) This can take as long as it takes. and if you live in Alberta, its another 200% longer just because of that. and seeing as an individual with identical vitals has purple interpol notice on file, its going to be 500 days for me easy. I bet my left testicle, that i don't see gun ownership. I'll bet the right one too, that i never own more than a 12 Ga. thanks to C71, and the gun ban.
    well i sure hope the report differentiates between being charged and being the reportee in the local police file. I am also hoping the local VPD do not screw up the report again. A few years ago i had to get a record report from the VPD (Vancouver Police) for a work clearance. When i picked it up the report had all kinds of weird and recent charges. I asked them about that and they said that is my record. Turned out it was someone with a similar name to me. They gave me the wrong report. I half joked that it was lucky this other person wasnt wanted for murder or something.

I got the correct report next day (nothing on it)

I have been waiting for first time R(PAL) since they received the docs on March 21. Last time i called the BC CFO was early June. Was told was with a firearms officer and it will probably be at least two more months waiting time. (or longer)
    The only thing on my record is a theft charge from almost 40 years ago. No history of violence / drugs. For the last 30 years not even a parking ticket.

Hurry up and wait

Quote Originally Posted by LWERD View Post
    Hurry up and wait
    Yep

This is brutal. Are they still using the "printer out of ink" excuse?

I tought the worst would be waiting on the printer issue... I got everything now (Rpal in hand) I bought 2 restricted 1 month ago still waiting for the purchase to be approved... I hope I will atleast be able to shot a bullet before winter xD
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoberVi View Post
    Mine was approved june 21, as of last Wednesday when i called, they told me it might be from 2 to 6 more weeks for my licence to be printed...

Which one is it?!?
    I seriously hope, the person you spoke to was right
    I spoke with the CFO for Ontario last Friday. He said they were processing/working on the licences issued from July 27(the day mine was issued) and to expect it mailed in a week.

So they must be moving faster since the printer situation was fixed and put to normal capacity as of July 2nd.

Fingers crossed I see my RPAL in the mail by this Friday. Won't hold my breath, but my transfer is being worked on now so I have two things floating around in the air right now.. and eventually a pistol will fall into my hands.
    Si vis pacem parabellum