Page 259 of 691 FirstFirst ... 239249251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267269279 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonophoid View Post
    Nice!! Thanks Zulopol
    Now the question is... what item from the list to buy? I can't be the only one who has pre-shopped and made a list of 4-5 guns to get before even receiving PAL! Haha.
    I received my RPAL CARD 1 month ago
    Already bought :
    Glock 17 (9mm)
    Colt Canada SA15.7 (5.56 NATO)
    CSA VZ-58 (7.62x39)
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Hey everyone!
    Newly registered here, I’ve been following this thread since April. Here’s where I’m at:

RPAL (Quebec) - First time applier, I’m 18 and completely clean

March 10th: Forms mailed
    March 14th: Mail received at RCMP
    April 5th: Credit card charged and application shows up online “Initial processing completed”
    April 8th: RCMP mails me back original proof of CRFSC that I sent them accompanied by a letter stating that they’re working on my file and that I should hear from them soon. The letter was dated April 5th.
    A few days later I call the RCMP and ask if everything’s alright the woman tells me that nothing’s missing and to call back in 30 days if nothing happens.
    May 10th: I call again the woman says that my file was already transferred to the Quebec CFO around a month ago and that they should finalize it.
    I call again around June. (I lost track of my calls) A woman tells me that the CFO worked on my file last week (from the time I called) and to call back in a month.
    I called last week and asked to be transferred to the CFO as there was no change to the online status and none of my references have been called yet, after waiting for over 20 minutes on the RCMP and CFO line I am finally able to speak to someone, she takes my info and puts me on hold. When she comes back she says that it’s a restricted and that they have A LOT of requests right now and that it would probably take more than a month or month and a half (August-September) to be approved and that the RCMP transferred it to them late and to call back if I have further questions.

So now its been 4 months+ and I’m really hoping to be approved before the end of the summer!
    Is there someone else from Quebec with a similar timeline? Would my age influence this as Im pretty young?
    I’m really starting to think Quebec has by far the WORST processing times but I’m keeping my hopes up for July!

Your timeline is weird... do you work or are you unemployed ? Nobody knows what the Quebec CFO verify but everything suspicious will delay your application

Im 20 YRS
    My Timeline (Quebec) PAL/RPAL
    Application Received on: 2019-04-12
    CC Charged: 2019-05-07
    Status Issued: 2019-06-11 "Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"
    Received Physical Card (RPAL): 2019-07-02
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

I'm a full-time student, I've had a summer job since last year but had to quit because of summer courses this year. I've never been involved in anything with the police, I've never even been pulled over so I'm running out of reasons of what could be delaying it. Maybe they have a lot of renewals and are prioritizing them?

My non restricted PAL expired In March this year (stupid CanadaPost) anyway, I found this out July 7th 2019. I immediately renewed online as it had not been expired for over 6 months. I was issued a renewed PAL on July 11th. 4 fricked days!! I was impressed. They gave me the new version # and expiry date on the phone yesterday. But now I'm stuck in the printer backlog. No card. Anybody have their license issued in July and have received their card yet?

Quote Originally Posted by H2oallyear View Post
    Section 109(1)(c)

The order is mandatory under s. 109(1)(c) where it involves certain drug offences under the CDSA (s.5(1) or (2) [trafficking], s. 6(1) or (2)[Importation], s. 7(1) [Production])

Specific Prohibitions

The judge, in making an order under s. 109, must specifically prohibit all weapons or devices that are enumerated in the section, consisting of a prohibition from possessing:

firearm, cross-bow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition, prohibited ammunition and explosive substance

Duration

The first time that a s. 109 Order is granted for an accused there is a requirement of a minimum of 10 year prohibition for firearms, crossbows, restricted weapons, ammo and explosives

as well as a lifetime prohibition for prohibited firearms, restricted firearms, prohibited weapons, prohibited devices and prohibited ammunition.

All subsequent 109 orders must be a minimum prohibition of life for all items listed.

Duration of prohibition order — first offence

(2) An order made under subsection

(1) shall, in the case of a first conviction for or discharge from the offence to which the order relates, prohibit the person from possessing

(a) any firearm, other than a prohibited firearm or restricted firearm, and any crossbow, restricted weapon, ammunition and explosive substance during the period that

(i) begins on the day on which the order is made, and

(ii) ends not earlier than ten years after the person’s release from imprisonment after conviction for the offence or, if the person is not then imprisoned or subject to imprisonment, after the person’s conviction for or discharge from the offence; and

(b) any prohibited firearm, restricted firearm, prohibited weapon, prohibited device and prohibited ammunition for life.

Duration of prohibition order — subsequent offences

(3) An order made under subsection

(1) shall, in any case other than a case described in subsection

(2), prohibit the person from possessing any firearm, cross-bow, restricted weapon, ammunition and explosive substance for life.

(4) In subparagraph (2)(a)(ii), release from imprisonment means release from confinement by reason of expiration of sentence, commencement of statutory release or grant of parole.
    Can anyone who currently hold a PAL and has had a first time drug offense confirm? Minimum 10 years prohibition to possess any non-restricted firearms and LIFETIME prohibition to possess restricted firearms.. or were you able to get your RPAL as well?
    Last edited by mhintay; 07-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    It's been 15 days since my status went from nothing to approved, so following the RCMP Services site's suggestion I called in asking about my card. A nice lady told me that it's been approved, that there was an issue with "the printer" (they only have 1?) which has since been resolved, and now they just need to work their way through the queue. I'll get it when I do, basically. Oh joy.

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    Can anyone who currently hold a PAL and has had a first time drug offense confirm? Minimum 10 years prohibition to possess any non-restricted firearms and LIFETIME prohibition to possess restricted firearms.. or were you able to get your RPAL as well?
    I would assume, given that it’s law, and that the RCMP do daily CPIC checks as well as a more extensive background check when applying, that you would not be approved for any PAL/RPAL if you are prohibited from possessing the firearms because of a drug offence.

Licence (apparently) was printed today. I should receive it by next Friday (hopefully).

My restricted transfer was approved July 22nd - It was mailed to me, but i'm going to get a digital copy from my CFO if possible for my records/satisfaction.

Will update fully when my RPAL comes in the mail.
    Si vis pacem parabellum

I wonder if they expedite people through the queue who order firearms online.

A few of the people here who did that got their license before me despite being approved weeks after me.

Still waiting on my license.. approved June 14th. A week ago they told me it could take another three weeks.