Page 262 of 688 FirstFirst ... 242252254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270272282 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

aaa
    Last edited by jayjaybear; 07-31-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    Congratz ! Tell us what you will get as your first firearm!
    Congratz ! Tell us what you will get as your first firearm!
    Hmm been saving money for sometime- as for gear I already picked up a 6 pistol military spec gun case (Nanuk 935 6UP) for about $75 less than it is here (but it’s a beautiful case!): https://www.amazon.ca/Nanuk-Waterpro...mr0&th=1&psc=1

I’ve also bought trigger locks, a big lockable 50cal ammocan, a pair of Industrial 3m 31nrr ear muffs, ballistic glasses etc. But when the card actually arrives? Right off the hop I’m buying:

Beretta 92FS Inox (Chrome finish) 9mm
    Jericho 941 “Baby Eagle” 9mm
    Smith&Wesson M&P 22LR handgun
    CZ Shadow 1 or 2 9mm (haven’t firmly decided yet)

And finally some kind of nice AR from the states (modified/pinned mag etc. so it’s compliant with Canadian law of course)... have considered buying PSA, Armalite, Daniel Defense, Bravo Company, DWRC international, and might get something really fancy in future—but for now I think it’s between Colt Canada SA 15.7 and a S&W M&P 2.0 Sport II?

But yeah anyone want to tell me about their dream AR from the seven companies above (or elsewhere)... I’m all ears! Let’s say budget not a real consideration or say $4000 and down what would you buy? And what have you bought/why do you love it?

And between the Colt SA 15.7 and the M&P 2.0 Sport II AR platforms which would you get?

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybear View Post
    And between the Colt SA 15.7 and the M&P 2.0 Sport II AR platforms which would you get?
    Go for the Colt Canada SA15.7 like me! Great Quality and you support a Canadian Business !! + The engraved Maple Leaf is sexy
    Last edited by Zulopol; 08-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Go for the Colt Canada SA15.7 like me! Great Quality and you support a Canadian Business !! + The engraved Maple Leaf is sexy
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Right on man! Thanks for the tip, what kind of sight do you have on it in the picture? Is it a red dot or a holographic sight?

Also is that a VZ 58 in the bottom of the pic? Im half considering getting one since they’re unrestricted (for now at least) it’d Be nice to have the option to go out and shoot in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybear View Post
    Right on man! Thanks for the tip, what kind of sight do you have on it in the picture? Is it a red dot or a holographic sight?
    Yep ! Its a EOTech 512 Holographic Sight ! Really nice for quick aiming time! And I also love my VZ58 7.62x39mm because its a bad ass caliber + Non restricted so I can enjoy it anywhere / alone in the woods !
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Okay, card came today, August 2nd. Do I really have to keep the little tear-off piece of the letter with my license at all times, though below the 'special conditions' line there's just empty space? Seems a bit odd that they expect us to carry a fragile piece of paper for 5 years.

Application mailed last Monday in May with all documentation required and postal money order.
    Application listed as 'received' on June 3.
    Approved July 10th.
    Told it was delayed in the printing queue last week.
    In hand August 2, 2019.
    Exactly 60 days total processing/mailing time since they formally received it.

And before anyone asks, I'm a bit broke at the moment, but expect to order a TNW ASR 9mm takedown carbine sometime in August. After that who knows? Probably a .22lr something-or-other and a bunch of boxes of food for each of those. Got a nice Burris 2-7x scope I can throw on the takedown rifle to get started, then decide if I want something more 'tactical' for backpacking or just leave that one on. Thinking maybe of one of those 1-4x compact scopes, but without any experience shooting 9mm I've no idea what sort of scope is best for aging eyes. Certainly not a red dot, as those just break up for me now into something like a small exploding star.

Victory

Application received: May 24
    Licence issued: June 27
    Received RPAL in mail: August 2

Picked up my first pistol today. Sig Sauer P226 X-five short 9mm Parabellum
    Si vis pacem parabellum

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardSamija View Post
    And before anyone asks, I'm a bit broke at the moment
    May as well get used to it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    May as well get used to it.
    Life-long habit it seems. A rollercoaster, sometimes I get to buy toys, other times not. Doesn't seem to matter how much money I'm making (self-employed, fluctuates a lot), it always dips back to zero. And yeah... with firearms that's only going to continue. But hey, life's good, my familynis happy and healthy, no complaints at all. And a guy just called to say he'll be buying a violin he tried yesterday, so there's some money coming in. Tenda seems to have the best price on the Aero, so here we go...