Page 263 of 690 FirstFirst ... 243253255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271273283 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Uber Super GunNutz
    My renewal application was received on May 27. Still shows as in progress.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonophoid View Post
    Just to update for those interested and also stuck waiting; called in yesterday (July 30) and spoke to a really nice lady on the phone. I said I checked the website and saw my license has been issued but haven't received it in (nearly) 2 weeks - she gave the same explanation of the printer issues, checked and said my license has not been printed yet, and that it would probably be in the next week or so. She then offered to give me my license number immediately, I didn't even have a chance to ask. I was definitely expecting to have to plead a little bit. To offer that so readily was a bit of a surprise, albeit a pleasant one.

Have ordered a few things online, now. Still gotta wait for the card to actually take em out to the range though.
    Another update - Yesterday (Aug 6) checked the mail on the way home - PAL has arrived! Picking up a few things today...
    Unfortunately wife is still waiting on hers...

Quote Originally Posted by dsa82 View Post
    Ontario RPAL timeline
    No boxes checked
    received: 17 may
    cc charged: 16 june
    I checked yesterday and it said the initial processing is complete and now it is in progress. I called the CFO 800 number this morning and a lovely lady told me that the file is with Ontario CFO and they are very busy so it might take some time to get it processed. I politely asked to be transferred them which she obliged however the ontario cfo line was busy so it disconnected my line. I then tried with the 7305 extension couple of times and it was busy always so I sent an email to the cfoon at cfp-pcaf dot ca address. I am not sure if it was a coincidence but I got a call from "Justice Ontario" after two hours to do verification and she said the license has been issued. I then checked the status online later today and it is saying it has been approved and contact us if you do not receive your card in 2 weeks.

Now, can I call them tomorrow to get my license number and order a firearm online or do I have to wait for the physical card?
    Update: Got my .0001 version card in mailbox on 7 Aug. It was approved on 17 July.
    I had already purchased a restricted which was delivered last week so I should expect a .0002 version card in the mail next week.

Quote Originally Posted by dr0pz View Post
    BC Application here.
    Received: 06-13-19
    Charged CC: 07-02-19
    License approved: 07-15-19

Waiting for the card now. No references called. No runins with blue guys in 6+ years and never charged with anything.
    Card in hand 08-02-19.

Got my card yesterday, issue on 29th of July, application sent on 31st of may.

😁😁😁 CARD RECEIVED!!! Woohoo!!! 😁😁😁

So once again to recap (I guess those printers finally got fixed..?)
    First Time Applicant in BC for any type of firearms license, no boxes checked, no criminal history ever.

•PAL/RPAL Mailed June 17
    •Received June 21
    •RCMP Charged $80- July 10
    •Application processed and licensed issued-July 23rd
    •Card received in Mail! Aug 8

Sounds pretty spot on schedule-wise/timing-wise with some other recent posters on here...

Time to drop a few grand!! Woohoo!!
    Last edited by jayjaybear; 08-09-2019 at 12:47 AM.

It’s been really helpful and reassuring to read most people’s experiences on here- so thanks for posting folks!

Just one last question/thing I’m uncertain about if someone can help:

Assuming I were to buy my first restricted piece online in Canada (opposed to in a store) does the merchant take care of getting me my ATT? Or do I need to call? Is it attached electronically to my .0001 card or do I have to wait to be sent a 0.002 card to be mailed out to me after the online purchase? Can someone *please* explain this obtaining ATT process to me?

Thanks guys and gals~

-Jay

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaybear View Post
    It’s been really helpful and reassuring to read most people’s experiences on here- so thanks for posting folks!

Just one last question/thing I’m uncertain about if someone can help:

Assuming I were to buy my first restricted piece online in Canada (opposed to in a store) does the merchant take care of getting me my ATT? Or do I need to call? Is it attached electronically to my .0001 card or do I have to wait to be sent a 0.002 card to be mailed out to me after the online purchase? Can someone *please* explain this obtaining ATT process to me?

Thanks guys and gals~

-Jay
    It's automatic when the firearm is registered to you. The Ontario CFO assured me that the conditions are "attached" to my license electronically and that I don't have to wait for the new card. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call your CFO when you get the gun and confirm that.

Congrats to everyone getting their PAL recently. Seems like quite a few. Perhaps they're printing back up to full speed? I received my card only a week after calling and inquiring about it, being told it hadn't been printed yet, even. I was fully expecting another 2-3 weeks.

Welp, now to go broke buying a million things!

June 1st & 2nd 2019
    -Took FSESCO PAL/RPAL Course

June 28th
    -Received Stamped FSESCO course PAL/RPAL paperwork
    -Mailed RCMP 5592 form with signatures, stamped paper work, and signed picture

July 19th
    -Received a credit card charge of $80
    -Checked the RCMP License Application Status (Application received on July 3rd)

July 31st
    -License has been issued

August 9th
    -Received license in hand!!

70 days from start to finish!!