Page 264 of 691 FirstFirst ... 244254256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272274284 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    It's automatic when the firearm is registered to you. The Ontario CFO assured me that the conditions are "attached" to my license electronically and that I don't have to wait for the new card. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call your CFO when you get the gun and confirm that.
    Thanks for clarifying that! I went down to Reliable Gun in Vancouver and was impressed because they were willing to price-match my purchase to the prices listed on gotenda.com. I already have 3-4 other restricted pieces and one non restricted piece in mind- but for my very first: Beretta 92FS INOX (love the full stainless finish!) and always thought it felt perfect in my paw at the range! I also picked up some locks, an extra Mec-Gar mag, a case of 1000 Blazer Brass 9mm 124gr and 100 rounds of 9mm Sellier & Bellot 115gr at the clerk’s recommendation (I asked him what his favourite 9mm ammo was, if he had one).

I was really stoked he price matched everything to gotenda- can’t wait for my papers/to finally go pick it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    *update*
    Now that my 28 days had passed and me being a little impatient I called my provincial CFO today (July 31, 2019) after a brief hold my application was approved over the phone.
    However the lady wouldn’t release my pal number so I can make purchases. “You may not purchase firearms without your PAL in hand.”
    I figure it might be because I have an RPAL and not just a PAL?
    Either way it’s approved now to wait for the printing and mailing...
    Will have my spouse call when she wakes up from her nap see if she gets approved too.
    *update*
    My PAL arrived in the mail today.
    44 days from when they received my application.
    My spouse never did call about hers, it's still sitting "in progress". I think we might wait and see how long hers takes to go "naturally" since I called in and had mine approved over the phone.

Now to go spend some money.
    On our list is:
    Glock G22 .40 S&W (for her future job)
    Tikka T3x lite .308
    Winchester XPR .308
    Keystone Crickett .22LR (for the kids)

and countless others im sure!

Embarrassing timeline from BC:

Nov 4/5 2017: CFSC for PAL and RPAL is taken
    Nov 6 2017: Course results and application with credit card information mailed
    Nov 11 2017: Received
    Shortly after: "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." Along with credit card being charged.
    I call into the CFO monthly and get everything from "your application has gone on for secondary review", "we're experiencing a high application intake", to "please be patient, it shouldn't be much longer". I even enquired saying my instructor told me I could, myself as well as my references, call the CFO and request to be interviewed to help the process along. To which the provincial CFO office replied "in all my years of working here, I've never heard of anyone saying that. If the CFO needs to interview you or your references, they will do so, but you cannot just call in". Every time I call in, if it has been 30+ days from my last call, they will apparently give a note to the CFO informing them that I have called to enquire about my application status. Either they're lazy, don't care, blind, or are burying my application under all these new applicants.

I did have a peace bond issued to me a number of years ago, which I did disclose in my application and stated that if there is any further information they would like from me, to not hesitate to contact me.

Anywho, skip to summer 2019: Still waiting.

I read a forum of someone from Alberta applying, moving provinces, but updating the CFO, and they waited 30 months. That's madness. I hope I don't have to wait much longer. Duck season is quickly approaching.

Any further advice on how to move my application along?

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    I did have a peace bond issued to me a number of years ago, which I did disclose in my application and stated that if there is any further information they would like from me, to not hesitate to contact me.
    ?
    I can't help but think this may have put your application under unnecessary scrutiny. Unless it expired less than 5 years ago I wouldn't have mentioned it at all. I Had something similar but it had expired just over 5 years ago and I was quick to say "no" on that question on the application, and as seen above my application was completed in 45 days.

Does anyone know, if your application is denied do they actually send a denial notice? Or do the just keep you in limbo for months/years until your application can be approved or...?

I keep being told that it's still under review and they will send a note to the CFO informing them that I've called. They haven't said that it was denied. So I'm holding on hope that they are actually reviewing it. I am glad that they are actually screening people and doing their due-diligence, but nearly 2 years? At the very least, call me, let me know where you're at. Ask me questions, give me an update. Just something more than "It's still in for review, be patient".

Quote Originally Posted by dsa82 View Post
    Update: Got my .0001 version card in mailbox on 7 Aug. It was approved on 17 July.
    I had already purchased a restricted which was delivered last week so I should expect a .0002 version card in the mail next week.
    Update2: Got the .0002 version of printed card today (12 Aug) with conditions for the restricted.

Time decide upon a shooting range. Can someone get me introduced to the Georgetown revolver club? It is the closest but dont have waiting list or new memberships. Only current members are allowed to bring guests..

I took the non-restricted course in early May.

Received: May 28
    Cheque cashed: Sometime in June
    August 13: In progress

I have a squeaky clean past, married for almost 10 years. What a ridiculous process.

I'm holding a firearm as an executor of my father's will in order to give it to myself as beneficiary of the will. The law says I can hold the firearm as executor for "a reasonable period of time". What am I supposed to do about the unreasonable wait?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
    I took the non-restricted course in early May.

Received: May 28
    Cheque cashed: Sometime in June
    August 13: In progress

I have a squeaky clean past, married for almost 10 years. What a ridiculous process.

I'm holding a firearm as an executor of my father's will in order to give it to myself as beneficiary of the will. The law says I can hold the firearm as executor for "a reasonable period of time". What am I supposed to do about the unreasonable wait?
    I'm not a lawyer but I would think the unreasonable wait is on them, and you waiting for them, however long they take, is reasonable.

---
    Last edited by yazanj; 11-28-2020 at 11:02 AM.

CGN Regular
    Got my RPAL yesterday in the post. Did the PAL and RPAL courses at the end of May and did all applications as soon as I could (when course results came back etc). Just bought a gun safe, put a deposit on the new GSG 16 .22 and am shopping for a nice, accurate 9mm that both me and the wife can use.