Page 266 of 688 FirstFirst ... 246256258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274276286 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    Go for the Colt Canada SA15.7 like me! Great Quality and you support a Canadian Business !! + The engraved Maple Leaf is sexy
    This ^^^^ , just like he said, i went for the Colt Sa 20 , never looked back, great firearm, i will enjoy it for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon View Post
    This ^^^^ , just like he said, i went for the Colt Sa 20 , never looked back, great firearm, i will enjoy it for the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octogon View Post
    That may well be my next rifle at some point. There was a Flash Sale on Al Flaherty’s and the “Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II” went on sale for $719 CAD and promptly sold out (for the price- I’m really happy I snagged one)! I then got new Magpul Mlok furniture for it (new handguard, foregrip, buttstock, and a cool storage thingy to stuff in the foregrip off amazon.

I have also bought a Jericho 941 9mm (which def has to be one of my favorited semiauto pistols hands down when I’ve had opportunities to try it at the range!) Got it for the best price Ive
    I also picked up a S&W M&P 22lr pistol on gotenda. I personally don’t like the look of most 22s with their long skinny barrels all that much, but wanted to get one because a. Cheap cheap ammunition for plinking/target practice and b. good to have for friends I ask out to the range who’ve never any firearm before. I really like that this gun is identical to the M&P 9mm- just scaled down about 15% in size for the much smaller caliber.

Finally, my favourite- and the first thing I bought (at Reliable Gun in Vancouver) a Beretta 92FS 9mm inox (so purrrdy- classic badass looking chrome pistol)! Best part was they price matched gotenda for that exact piece- knocking $120 off the sticker price-just like that... no bartering... no hassle 🤟😁

Next... considering getting a CZ Shadow 1 or possibly CZ75B high-polished stainless? Undecided... need to slow down on spending for a few weeks anyhow lol!

The most frustrating thing is I’ve been waiting 2+ weeks now for the darn registration certificates to come in the mail! I’m in BC and the transfers were approved like within 1-2 business days of my purchases, but the certificates have yet to arrive. I hope they come soon, because I got my annual range pass now, my ATT, and all my locks/gear at home and I’m just itching to go use all my new toys at the range... but of course I can’t take any of my new pieces out til the dang certificates arrive! ::so impatient::

Pretty sure EVERYONE on this thread can relate to the “hurry up and wait” situation that all these processes of new gun ownership entail! Haha 😆

I took my pal/rpal course on July 2nd and 3rd
    CFO verified test results July 18th
    Miramichi received my application on August 2nd
    RCMP billed me on August 20th

Should I call just to inquire about the status? I guess compared to some of your experience, this hasn't been too long yet

Updated timeline.

April 18 - Application marked as Received.
    May 14 - Payment appears on my credit card and status changes to "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    August 22 - After reading this thread, I decided to send a polite email to the CFO (which actually is the Sûreté du Québec here).
    August 23 - I decided calling the RCMP to make sure my application had actually been transferred to Sûreté du Québec, and they confirmed it did. The guy also said he doesn't have any other information to provide, SQ will call me and my references eventually.
    August 28 - Since I did not get any reply to my email, I decided to call the Sûreté du Québec directly. A very cool guy answered, he checked and said everything was alright with my file but they were still processing mid-April applications so the delay was normal. He told me I should be getting a phone call within the next 10 days (same for my references), and to call back next Friday if I don't hear form them.

On the plus side, there's still no zombie apocalypse so I guess it's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
    I took my pal/rpal course on July 2nd and 3rd
    CFO verified test results July 18th
    Miramichi received my application on August 2nd
    RCMP billed me on August 20th

Should I call just to inquire about the status? I guess compared to some of your experience, this hasn't been too long yet
    I would call just to make sure everything is looking good on the app and nothing missing. Hope yours goes as fast thru the whole process.
    I had high hopes that maybe things would not take too long. They received my packages March 21 and 22 days later on April 11 they charged CC.
    I called on April 15 and all was well, waiting for picture to be scanned.

As of August 19, 2019 i am still showing "in progress" on website. I called BC CFO early June and was told nothing i can do but wait. It will be at least 2 months more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon32 View Post
    Completed PAL and RPAL course 4/16
    Sent paperwork 5/16
    had to submit additional info 6/18 (forgot to explain in detail why i quit a job)
    called CFP today waiting on BC CFO to finalize application

Does anyone know how long the CFO for BC takes to complete an application since the lady said the CFO received my application 2 weeks ago

Update: saw this Aug. 22
    Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    I would call just to make sure everything is looking good on the app and nothing missing. Hope yours goes as fast thru the whole process.
    I had high hopes that maybe things would not take too long. They received my packages March 21 and 22 days later on April 11 they charged CC.
    I called on April 15 and all was well, waiting for picture to be scanned.

As of August 19, 2019 i am still showing "in progress" on website. I called BC CFO early June and was told nothing i can do but wait. It will be at least 2 months more.
    If the CFO said that you have to wait something has made them refer you to secondary which takes significantly longer. I called after mine had been only 40 days since it was received in miramichi and was approved over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    If the CFO said that you have to wait something has made them refer you to secondary which takes significantly longer. I called after mine had been only 40 days since it was received in miramichi and was approved over the phone.
    I just wonder if when they checked the Vancouver Police records that the VPD actually gave them the correct file. A few years ago i had to get a clearance for work. When i picked it up at VPD i had a look at it and there were all kinds of recent charges. Turns out there is a person here with similar name to me. They issued me a new record check with my >actual< record (nothing on it)
    The only thing on my record is from almost 40 years ago. Nothing violent just a theft charge.
    I am now coming up on 3 months since they told me it will be "at least" 2 more months.

Just got mine in the mail today. 37 calendar days including the day they received it (30 to issue date). My wife got her's in 40. NR and R for both. Now to get the range membership sorted ( going tonight) so we can go get our toys we bought at the beging of July.

I've seen both sides. It took 13 months for my nr, and 11.5 for my restricted. However my girlfriend and roommate got theirs in two months flat. Guess i'm a bad boy lol