Page 269 of 689 FirstFirst ... 249259261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277279289 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 6884

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swantonbomb View Post
    Does anyone know if you can change your application from an RPAL to a PAL? PAL is the one I really want so I can hunt this season, but was advised to get both if I have any desire to get into handguns one day. I just wonder if my application is under more scrutiny because it is an RPAL, and if it is possible to change it to a PAL app.
    I changed from my PAL renewal to my RPAL application and i can guaranty you that they started all over again my process.

4.5 months and still waiting. 1 box ticked. Looks like this is gon be a long haul type of situation for me. Gon try e-mailing the CFO soon, instead of the usual calls and see if that does anything. If not, an e-mail to my local MP will be sent out. After that, I have no idea what else I can do.

Sent myapplication mid july and received my card in the mail yesterday.
    i have both Pal and RPAL
    In Tartiflette we trust

Approved!

My timeline for rpal - Quebec!

Late March 2019 - CFSRC course

Early April - CFSC course

Late April - receive results by mail

April 30th - get the in person paper signed by local PD, mailed regular snail mail. No boxes ticked.

May 9th - apparently received and opened at Miramichi

June 6th - File appeared online on the RCMP website, credit card was charged.

June 12th - did loi9/bill 9 course

August 15th - call rcmp cfp in miramichi - was told it was transferred to Quebec cfo(surete de Quebec) in early June they’ll get to it eventually. Asked to be transferred, got a machine message that they can’t answer the phone and to try again later.

September 4th - emailed the QC SQ cfo email (permis AT surete) asking politely what’s happening with my application

September 5th got a reply to my email saying that someone will contact me shortly.

September 6th - missed a call from unknown number. Voicemail in broken English(I’m fully bilingual but I guess some of my forms were in English) asking me to call back at cfp rcmp number extension some analyst for the SQ. The guy works noon to 7pm.

Sep 6 - called 3-4 times got voicemail, called again got through to the same agent that called me, did a simple phone interview, he asked to get in contact with my references and have them call in. I asked my references to call in, 1 confirmed that same day and the other didn’t have the time yet.

Sept 16 - called the cfo analyst again just to double check if 2nd reference called yet, nope. Contacted reference to call it in 2 minutes after I spoke with CFO. Got confirmation they spoke. 2 hours later my permit is issued on the website. Will see how long to physically get my license

Takeaways: 1) I’m certain if I didn’t email the cfo about my application it wouldn’t have moved along. 2) Quebec CFO makes 1 singular attempt to contact you and your references. Be on the ball guys, they probably don’t follow up with in limbo applications.

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    4.5 months and still waiting. 1 box ticked. Looks like this is gon be a long haul type of situation for me. Gon try e-mailing the CFO soon, instead of the usual calls and see if that does anything. If not, an e-mail to my local MP will be sent out. After that, I have no idea what else I can do.
    I had to email my MP twice. He didn't even reply to me personally. He has his staff do it. But they basically said that because I had a peace bond issued to me, they're probably sitting on it to see if anything else arises. The peace bond apparently also waves a "very large" red flag and that my application has most likely been denied and I have not gotten the letter in the mail yet. But online, it still says it's "in progress", and each time I call in, they say the CFO has it.

However, I'm not sure if you read one of my previous entries. But if you are feeling it's taking too long, or you end up waiting as long as I have (just shy of 2 years), a member of the CCFR informed me that there is a court order called a mandamus. It's basically a court order to tell public services, like the RCMP, to do their job. I have yet to confront the CFO with this knowledge that I now possess, but when I call them next week, I'm going to tell them that if my application still hasn't been approved (or denied), then if I do not hear back from them by October 31st, I will seek legal assistance in perusing a mandamus order. They might be waiting for the election to see if we get a pro-gun or anti-gun government. But regardless, 2 years is a long enough wait, and I'm going to take action now. Hope this helps.

Ontario: Got RPAL in 30 days (Aug 30)

CGN Regular
    It has been 11 months for me. I am in Montreal, Quebec.

Those who are still waiting - are you as anxious as I am to hear what the liberals will announce this morning regarding the proposed firearms ban? Wondering if/how it will affect my pending RPAL app.

My restricted add on took very close to 60 days from it being received till it getting approved. (Still haven’t received new card).
    I mailed it in mid July and I live in Alberta.

I posted here last month. But to reiterate and maybe shed some knowledge on the Ontario process - here it is:

Miramichi received my RPAL application on May 24/2019
    It was issued as of June 27th
    I called several times after I noticed it was issued (called every week, multiple times a week after 5-10 business days had passed since issuing)
    I finally received my licence in the mail August 2nd.
    Overall, it's a grueling experience since they go at their own pace and they were using the 'printer malfunction' line for months (April-July)

If you have anything on your record or aren't a Canadian citizen.. prepare to be denied or wait an extremely long time. I have a clean record and was born in Ontario.

Call the CFO if you've had your licence issued.

Currently purchased my first pistol - sig sauer p226 X-five

Goodluck
    Si vis pacem parabellum