Page 270 of 691 FirstFirst ... 250260262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278280290 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Time line for my Rpal.
    Mailed August 06,2019
    Miramichi received August 12,2019 (day 1)
    Credit card payment processed August 28,2019 (day 17)
    system show initial process has completed Aug29(day18)
    Approved and license issued Sept 09 (Day 29)
    License card printed and mailed on Sept 10 (day 30)
    in my mailbox Sept 16 (day 36)

I am in Ontario , references not contacted

Update:
    RPAL approved. 120 days since received. 1 box ticked. Just waiting for the card now...

Application received on August 21, 2019
    Application approved and license issued on September 19, 2019.

Currently still awaiting for the physical card to come in mail. Called the CFO today and was told that my license is listed as valid but hasn't been issued yet, should expect it within 3 weeks. Not very hopeful considering many people received theirs a week after they've been approved. Hopefully it comes earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by frromage View Post
    Approved!

My timeline for rpal - Quebec!

Late March 2019 - CFSRC course

Early April - CFSC course

Late April - receive results by mail

April 30th - get the in person paper signed by local PD, mailed regular snail mail. No boxes ticked.

May 9th - apparently received and opened at Miramichi

June 6th - File appeared online on the RCMP website, credit card was charged.

June 12th - did loi9/bill 9 course

August 15th - call rcmp cfp in miramichi - was told it was transferred to Quebec cfo(surete de Quebec) in early June they’ll get to it eventually. Asked to be transferred, got a machine message that they can’t answer the phone and to try again later.

September 4th - emailed the QC SQ cfo email (permis AT surete) asking politely what’s happening with my application

September 5th got a reply to my email saying that someone will contact me shortly.

September 6th - missed a call from unknown number. Voicemail in broken English(I’m fully bilingual but I guess some of my forms were in English) asking me to call back at cfp rcmp number extension some analyst for the SQ. The guy works noon to 7pm.

Sep 6 - called 3-4 times got voicemail, called again got through to the same agent that called me, did a simple phone interview, he asked to get in contact with my references and have them call in. I asked my references to call in, 1 confirmed that same day and the other didn’t have the time yet.

Sept 16 - called the cfo analyst again just to double check if 2nd reference called yet, nope. Contacted reference to call it in 2 minutes after I spoke with CFO. Got confirmation they spoke. 2 hours later my permit is issued on the website. Will see how long to physically get my license

Takeaways: 1) I’m certain if I didn’t email the cfo about my application it wouldn’t have moved along. 2) Quebec CFO makes 1 singular attempt to contact you and your references. Be on the ball guys, they probably don’t follow up with in limbo applications.
    Hi, by any chance, do you know the email for BC? I'd like to send them a message regarding my pending application. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    Hi, by any chance, do you know the email for BC? I'd like to send them a message regarding my pending application. Thanks.
    Sorry cant help you with BC. I found the QC one by searching this thread actually. And it was listed on the SQ(quebec's state police, replaces the RCMP here) website.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGoose View Post
    It has been 11 months for me. I am in Montreal, Quebec.
    You should really really email permis@surete DOT qc DOT ca

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    The last time I contacted the BC CFO's office, I enquired about contacting the CFO directly, as that is what some people in the forums were suggesting. She said they weren't allowed to release that information and if they need to contact me, they will do so. If you're at the point of pulling your hair out, I did contact the CCFR and asked them what I could do. They suggested to email my MP and see if they could help. If that does not work, you can keep enquiring about your application by calling them repeatedly which, lets face it, nobody has time to sit on hold for 30 minutes a day for a 6 minute phone call. Again, if that doesn't work and you're determined to get an answer, you can get a "writ of mandamus". The CCFR's operations coordinator's definition of a writ of mandamus was "The legal action would be an application called Mandamus, literally a court order to the RCMP to do their statutory duty/government function (in this case giving you a decision on your PAL application instead of continuing to sit on it). You would need an administrative law lawyer, or a senior civil litigator, in your jurisdiction for this." I have been waiting patiently for a few days shy of 2 years. I called them last week, a very nice woman answered the phone. She told me the CFO has my application and they will send a note informing them I've called. I told her if she has any idea where my application is in terms of it's progress. She said no and that new applicants usually go under more scrutiny, so it goes to different departments and that prolongs the process. I told her I've been waiting for almost 2 years, and I've been advised to get a writ of mandamus, but I would prefer if I didn't have to take that route and all I want to do is go hunting with my bosses. I told her that They invited me out, I got my hunters number and all the tickets and all I need is my PAL so I can provide my own firearm and ammo and not be so reliant on others. She said she will include that in her note to the CFO and when they read it, they should act quicker on it. I'm hoping that is the case.

Hopefully my little writeup helps you and others in our situation. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorSlav View Post
    Application received on August 21, 2019
    Application approved and license issued on September 19, 2019.

Currently still awaiting for the physical card to come in mail. Called the CFO today and was told that my license is listed as valid but hasn't been issued yet, should expect it within 3 weeks. Not very hopeful considering many people received theirs a week after they've been approved. Hopefully it comes earlier.
    Mine got approved september 14th. Still waiting on card as well, but bought my first rifle the same day it got approved.
    You can call the cfp number and ask them for your license number. When you have that you can buy and own without having the physical card yet. Just make sure you have that number on you so you can prove you have your PAL/R-PAL

Mine was Rpal in Ontario and it took 40 days from when they received my application to when I got my license in the mail.

I thought my application process was long before reading some posts:

Sept-03 - application received
    Sept-18 - Missed Call from unknown number (corresponded to date of letter received 1 week later)
    Sept-25 - phoned in to inquire on "further details needed" in the status (didnt write expiry of CC info and forgot to sign)
    - Paid over the phone
    Sept-30 - Licence issued, please allow 2 weeks for mail

no references contacted - no boxes checked off - PAL and RPAL together

now waiting for good old canada post.
    Last edited by ShenronTheDragon; 10-01-2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: missed licence type details