Page 272 of 689 FirstFirst ... 252262264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280282292 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 6885

Thread: PAL Wait Time

For My kid in Alberta.Just turned 18 (RPAL)
    Mailed Sept 4
    Received on 11
    Issued Oct 9 (28 days) No reference called , Sent in photocopy of AHEIA card and drivers license.

28 days

UPDATE: Sent in my application a few weeks ago. Always wanted to get my PAL/RPAL and finally went for it after hearing Trudeau's plan to further restrict gun ownership.
    Triple checked all documents and fields, nothing missing.
    Application was very straight forward. No boxes checked. Never had any trouble with the law. No conjugal partner.

Timeline:

Sep 7th: CFSC (Passed 96% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 8th: CRFSC (Passed 98% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 9th: Mailed (Regular)
    Sep 13th: Received at Miramichi (Found this out after it appeared online) - (DAY 1)
    Oct 1st: Credit card charged $80 by RCMP & application showed online with the message "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." (DAY 21)
    Oct 10th: "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" (DAY 27) - Checked at 10pm PST - would be 28 days going by ADT

I consider myself lucky considering some of the horrendous wait times I have seen in this forum.
    Time to wait for the mail then go shopping

No references contacted. First time applicant.
    Province: BC
    Last edited by wesley.bc; 10-11-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley.bc View Post
    28 days from "received" to "issued"

UPDATE: Sent in my application a few weeks ago. Always wanted to get my PAL/RPAL and finally went for it after hearing Trudeau's plan to further restrict gun ownership.
    Triple checked all documents and fields, nothing missing.
    Application was very straight forward. No boxes checked. Never had any trouble with the law. No conjugal partner.

Timeline:

Sep 7th: CFSC (Passed 96% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 8th: CRFSC (Passed 98% written, 100% practical)
    Sep 9th: Mailed (Regular)
    Sep 13th: Received at Miramichi (Found this out after it appeared online) - (DAY 1)
    Oct 1st: Credit card charged $80 by RCMP & application showed online with the message "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date." (DAY 21)
    Oct 10th: "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" (DAY 27) - Checked at 10pm PST - would be 28 days going by ADT

I consider myself lucky considering some of the horrendous wait times I have seen in this forum.
    Time to wait for the mail then go shopping

No references contacted. Never had to call them. First time applicant.
    Province: BC
    "Processed in order they're received" my arse. 24 month to the dot tomorrow is when they received it. Still waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    "Processed in order they're received" my arse. 24 month to the dot tomorrow is when they received it. Still waiting....
    Processed in order. Not approved in order. Someone has looked at your application and decided it warranted further (or much further) review. I and my partner are in the sam position. I was 44 days from application received to approved. My partner though, who we both expected to be approved first due to a major break up less than 2 years ago (at the time) on my application, is still waiting for hers.. 108 days now.

From the other forums I have read, it appears there is 3 stages of possible review. 1st stage is preliminary and anyone that’s dotted their I’s and crossed their T’s and have no red flags come up on their checks get approved at this stage... In BC it appears to be about 45-60 days. Stage 2 is where something questionable has come up that needs reviewing. Odd posts on Facebook (yes they can look) and other social media/public forums, etc. After review these approvals from what I’ve seen take 6-9 months. Then there’s stage 3. This is where investigation is needed. I can’t even speculate on what gets you sent here but this can take years from what I understand. I have seen approvals after more than 2 years posted on the forums. But usually after some time they just stop trying and don’t update anymore.

Of note I’ve never seen someone on the forums post that they’ve been outright denied... so I’m not certain if that a thing or if they just park the application in a never ending queue of in progress..

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    Processed in order. Not approved in order. Someone has looked at your application and decided it warranted further (or much further) review. I and my partner are in the sam position. I was 44 days from application received to approved. My partner though, who we both expected to be approved first due to a major break up less than 2 years ago (at the time) on my application, is still waiting for hers.. 108 days now.

From the other forums I have read, it appears there is 3 stages of possible review. 1st stage is preliminary and anyone that’s dotted their I’s and crossed their T’s and have no red flags come up on their checks get approved at this stage... In BC it appears to be about 45-60 days. Stage 2 is where something questionable has come up that needs reviewing. Odd posts on Facebook (yes they can look) and other social media/public forums, etc. After review these approvals from what I’ve seen take 6-9 months. Then there’s stage 3. This is where investigation is needed. I can’t even speculate on what gets you sent here but this can take years from what I understand. I have seen approvals after more than 2 years posted on the forums. But usually after some time they just stop trying and don’t update anymore.

Of note I’ve never seen someone on the forums post that they’ve been outright denied... so I’m not certain if that a thing or if they just park the application in a never ending queue of in progress..
    That's insane. I made that statement because I saw in another forum thread, someone asked how many CFO's are in each province. Someone replied that they believe there's one per province. so if all applications have to be approved or denied by the CFO, and there's only one CFO per province, that would mean they're either throwing the applications that might wave a red flag or require further investigating into a separate pile that they'll never get to, or they pass it off to different departments to have them confirm or investigate information, which could prolong the process big time.

Did both your partner and yourself apply for both PAL and RPAL? Did you use the same references? I heard having someone who has their PAL already as a refence helps a fair bit. I'm thinking they're just waiting until after the election to see if there will be another liberal government, or if someone else will get in and see what they plan to do in regards to firearms.

Called today to get an update and a nice lady answered. After confirming my basic personal information she said the license was printed and mailed on the 15th (yesterday) and it would take up to 10 days to receive in the mail.
    Took 5 days from being "issued" to being printed and mailed. (Although Monday was a holiday)
    It took my application 4 days (excluding the day I dropped it in the mail) to reach Miramichi from BC so I am expecting a similar time period to receive the license.

Side-note: My buddy did the course with me and was also approved right on the 28th day for his RPAL/PAL.

Update: BC PAL application

Finally got my license issued on Oct.15, 2019. It took 5.5 months in total (received in miramichi on May 2, 2019.)

I had 1 box checked. No reference called, but I was personally called. Missed the call the first time around and didnt realize it. I called in 1 month later, so the whole process couldve potentially been completed in 4 to 4.5 months.

Due to a charge I received when I was younger, I had a mandatory prohibition order. Minimum of 10 years; expiration was Aug.12, 2019. Since I took the CFSC in April of 2019, the course was negligible to be used for my application and I had to retake the course. Sent in my proof of completion via e-mail and was approved as soon as the CFO received it.

Now, I'm waiting for my physical card to arrive in the mail. Should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by mhintay; 10-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Sorry guys I’m a newbie here! Does anyone know if your PAL application would be delayed if you we born in England? I have been a Canadian citizen for over 45 years. Application was received July 20 and status has not changed on site when I check. I Called 2 weeks ago and the woman on phone seemed like I was putting her out. She reluctantly told me it was in CFO’s hands and to call back in 3 weeks? Any input would be great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmusician63 View Post
    Sorry guys I’m a newbie here! Does anyone know if your PAL application would be delayed if you we born in England? I have been a Canadian citizen for over 45 years. Application was received July 20 and status has not changed on site when I check. I Called 2 weeks ago and the woman on phone seemed like I was putting her out. She reluctantly told me it was in CFO’s hands and to call back in 3 weeks? Any input would be great. Thanks!
    I was born outside of Canada (I am a citizen now, have been for over 10 years now) and got approved in 28 days. I also have a few friends that were born outside of Canada but were approved within 45 days.
    So I don't think it's a deciding factor, it's gotta be something else.

Thanks wesley.bc. I’m in Ontario and don’t understand. my nephew and I took course and applied same time but he had missing info on his application, so I understand why he hasn’t rec’d his. Had no for all my responses on application I have no criminal record, no trouble with police, been widowed for 7 years. Just doesn’t make sense. It was discouraging when I talked to them, I understand they are prob busy but she couldn’t get me off phone fast enough, going to call again next week, hope I don’t get the same person.