Page 274 of 690 FirstFirst ... 254264266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282284294 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

The only thing they are consistent with, is inconsistency.
    I renewed my RPAL online, declared a change of address along with a change of marital status. Without any reference or new spousal checks made by the CFO ..... had the new card in my mailbox 26 days later.
    Go figure!
    "Fill your hand, you son of a bi†ch" --- Rooster Cogburn

member : CCFR ..... HACS / PCDHFC / NRA / WACA / CPC

My application was received on 20th September. I called CFP and they told me that my application is with Ontario CFO for processing and there is a backlog hence I should wait for another week or so.

Does anyone know what stage my application would be in if it's with the CFO?

Quote Originally Posted by Sk669 View Post
    My application was received on 20th September. I called CFP and they told me that my application is with Ontario CFO for processing and there is a backlog hence I should wait for another week or so.

Does anyone know what stage my application would be in if it's with the CFO?
    As long as you have no history in CPIC, should be processed in a couple of weeks. If anything shows up on CPIC even from 20 years ago, it will be added to the pile of 2 year wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    As long as you have no history in CPIC, should be processed in a couple of weeks. If anything shows up on CPIC even from 20 years ago, it will be added to the pile of 2 year wait list.
    Thanks! I was being optimistic on getting it within 40 days after seeing some of the recent updates from people on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    Actually that’s false. If you have anything in the last 5 years you’re in for a wait. But past that doesn’t seem to matter much. It’s more than just your CPIC. Social media, medications, diagnosis especially for mental health are all relevant to your application too. If you don’t have an answer by 60 days I was assume it’s been sent to further review which can take 6-9 months for approval. And if you still don’t have it then it’s likely gone to a deep investigation that can take years as seen with one fellow on this thread.

I am by no means an expert but I have been up and down this thread and actively watching all the recent posts. That plus my experience has let me to these conclusions.

For instance. I have a criminal record. It wasn’t violent and didn’t involve weapons, and I received my license in 44 days. My spouse, no criminal record, but has some mental health issues that shouldn’t interfere with her application have delayed her application now to 125 days and counting. She’s called and asked specifically and was told he application had an issue and it’s before the CFO for review.

Quote Originally Posted by WestDrifter View Post
    The only thing they are consistent with, is inconsistency.
    I renewed my RPAL online, declared a change of address along with a change of marital status. Without any reference or new spousal checks made by the CFO ..... had the new card in my mailbox 26 days later.
    Go figure!
    I had mine in about the same time. Unless something flags, its about a month wait

Hello guys sorry newbie here they received my application on the 9 th of oct according to canada post but it havent showed online yet is it normal ? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Elidaaboul View Post
    Hello guys sorry newbie here they received my application on the 9 th of oct according to canada post but it havent showed online yet is it normal ? Thank you
    Yes perfectly normal. Takes a week or two to show up online. However the mandatory 28 day wait started the day it arrived. So the wait isn’t for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    Actually that’s false. If you have anything in the last 5 years you’re in for a wait. But past that doesn’t seem to matter much. It’s more than just your CPIC. Social media, medications, diagnosis especially for mental health are all relevant to your application too. If you don’t have an answer by 60 days I was assume it’s been sent to further review which can take 6-9 months for approval. And if you still don’t have it then it’s likely gone to a deep investigation that can take years as seen with one fellow on this thread.

I am by no means an expert but I have been up and down this thread and actively watching all the recent posts. That plus my experience has let me to these conclusions.

For instance. I have a criminal record. It wasn’t violent and didn’t involve weapons, and I received my license in 44 days. My spouse, no criminal record, but has some mental health issues that shouldn’t interfere with her application have delayed her application now to 125 days and counting. She’s called and asked specifically and was told he application had an issue and it’s before the CFO for review.

My app was in review for almost a year for something so trivial from the 90s. Yes I said 1990s. Background check for life has been happening way before c71.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elidaaboul View Post
    2 weeks after the date they recieved it give them a call and politely ask them to update you on your application, it should be online the next day if it isnt already, i got mine approved exactly 28 days after them getting my application
    Defund the CBC