Page 2 of 688 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Just phoned in on mine again. I got transferred to the Surrey branch and asked to speak to the officer looking after mine. She put me on hold and looked into it, 5 minutes later I was approved. That is 80 days since they received it. Can't hurt to talk to someone and see what they can do.
    "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson

Update, I called today to find out what the problem was if any and was put through to the CFOs office in Surrey or oh I thought , it turned out to be Alberta, anyhow I was informed by them that it could be at least another 4 weeks because they needed to review my application, the reason being that along with my PAL I would need a RPOL to cover a small 22cal handgun I bought in the 80s, and that they needed to review as to weather it would fall under the grandfather clause, not only is it a restricted gun it is also a prohibited as well, so it sounds like they want me to give it up, or so it seems. ANY ADVICE would be helpful. thanks RGH
    Last edited by rgh470; 08-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.

I sent my PAL/RPAL application about 3 weeks ago, still isn't on the website. I called twice, was told they're working on mail received 3 - 4 weeks ago....

Received at the firearms center July 9th, got my license today Aug. 15th

rgh, with the confusion with your 22cal hand gun. Did anyone you spoke to mention if your non restricted Pal would be aproved? or are they holding both ?

Regs, I did not ask that same question, but she did imply that my application for my PAL and the adding a RPOL were one and the same and that I would have to wait for my review, at the beginning of this journey, before I sent in my app. I did speak with a rep.at CFA in Miramichi and was told that it, (the 22cal) would not be a issue, but it seems that CFOs office in B.C. has a different opinion. It also seems like there is a bit of a pi$$ing contest going on between Ottawa and B.Cs. CFO department, so for now I guess I'll play nice and try not to rock the boat, catch more bees with honey approach.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow, mine was quick (RPAL):

Application Number: XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XX

Application Received on: 2012/07/20

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

References and myself interviewed today. Status changed to license issued. Just waiting for the card in the mail now. 28 days from the day they received it.

Just confuses the heck out of me the complete randomness of wait times. mdmaroon waits 28 days and some wait 90+. Is there one person there doing their job and the rest are just on FB or Twitter?
    "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson

I just cant get the music from the game show Jeopardy ( final jeopardy) out of my head.
    WAIT,WAIT,WAIT!!!

24 days for my RPAL. It was issued 4 days after my PAL was issued. My PAL was issued on the 28th day. I applied for the RPAL 7 days after sending in my PAL application. Zero interviews!