Page 307 of 691 FirstFirst ... 287297299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315317327 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Usually don't need proof that you are with a shooting range - I didn't.. and with the closures due to covid I'm sure they wouldn't be expecting new licence holders to be able to join a range as of right now - but I'm sure the ranges will open up before the end of Summer.. possibly earlier
    Si vis pacem parabellum

The range I belong to submits my membership to the CFO .

Quote Originally Posted by bateman96 View Post
    Usually don't need proof that you are with a shooting range - I didn't.. and with the closures due to covid I'm sure they wouldn't be expecting new licence holders to be able to join a range as of right now - but I'm sure the ranges will open up before the end of Summer.. possibly earlier
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Tried to buy a 1911 online yesterday, but they still required a photo of my license. Anyone know any online retailers that don't need one?

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Tried to buy a 1911 online yesterday, but they still required a photo of my license. Anyone know any online retailers that don't need one?
    Haven't actually bought a new one since maybe 18 months ago. But you do realize you have to show your license, right?
    If you cant do that in person what other options?

Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    Haven't actually bought a new one since maybe 18 months ago. But you do realize you have to show your license, right?
    If you cant do that in person what other options?
    What? I said online, not in person.

And you don’t have to show your license, all you need to do is provide your license number and the expiry date. That’s it. Its the sellers responsibility to call and make sure it’s valid.

In fact, if you go on GunPost, it specifically states that you SHOULD NEVER show a photo of your license. Criminals are stealing the photos and using them to purchase guns for themselves.
    Last edited by TopShelf97; 05-07-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Well I'm not completely up on what you can withhold, and what you cannot,

I purchase my firearms legally, and in good faith with legitimate businesses.
    I presonally dont have an issue with 'showing' my license.
    Your mileage may vary.

Should you send a pic of your license to a random person on the EE? Probably not.
    Gunspot lacks the weight of any official office, as far as I know,

Again, your mileage may vary.

I'd say the majority of online dealers will ask you to send a picture of your licence for verification - especially if it's a restricted firearm. It's not like using a credit card.
    Si vis pacem parabellum

They're re-opening offices in New Brunswick starting Monday. Not sure if that means they'll start processing licenses or not in Miramichi.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/malls-re...time-1.4931077

Really? Yeah, they shouldn't need a picture, they just need to check if it's valid. Hmm.. That's strange.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edited by user
    Last edited by Xobeman; 05-08-2020 at 10:37 PM.