Page 309 of 691 FirstFirst ... 289299301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317319329 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by DarseZ View Post
    That's great news...did you have to talk to anyone to get approved? Were references called or were you just approved?
    Nope, I never called them and they never spoke with me nor my references. I was just approved.
    I did use my parents as my references though, that may have helped because if your parents trust you with a gun, you probably shouldn't need to call in.

It was an RPAL btw

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    It was an RPAL btw
    My:

Mailed in: Dec-19-2019
    got an email asked me to call in to update a missing information on Jan-08-2020
    Visa charged: Jan-8-2020
    Check my application online today still: Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Last edited by BillyBandue; 05-29-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Quebec PAL/RPAL application, first time no checked boxes, clean history

-19 December 2019: registered mail Application received in Miramichi.
    - 6 January 2020: Credit card charged and appears online.
    -16 January 2020: I receive an envelope from RCMP mentioning I need to do an in person filing for RPAL (QC thing), did it and mailed it registered same day.
    -20 January 2020: In person QC RPAL application received in Miramichi
    -22 April 2020: I called RCMP to inquire about the status, informed me its with the QC CFO
    -22 April 2020: Called QC CFO and the guy interviewed me and my 2 references.
    - 4 May 2020: I got another call from Surete QC, it was a lady and did the same interview again, she also requested on of my references call in for interview.
    -15 May 2020: I called the Quebec CFO to follow-up, said it needs a final "click" for approval, they suggested I send in a club membership, I sent a copy of my club membership same day
    - 20 May 2020: Status showed as Approved on theRCMP site, I called in and got my PAL number. Lady mentioned My card is not printed yet

All in all: 153 days, 103 Working days and still no printed card.
    CCFR - CSSA - *NFA Membership Cancelled*
    “One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them.” - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignSpirit View Post
    Quebec PAL/RPAL application, first time no checked boxes, clean history

-15 May 2020: I called the Quebec CFO to follow-up, said it needs a final "click" for approval, they suggested I send in a club membership, I sent a copy of my club membership same day
    All in all: 153 days, 103 Working days and still no printed card.
    congrats and all that. but Club Membership must be different in Quebec. Here in BC it would be a "catch 22" ... you need an (R)Pal to join a club but then cannot get a (R)Pal if you do not join a club?

153 days not too bad considering all the steps you had to go through. It is looking like i am going to be one of the unfortunate ones that will have the record for the longest wait to get approval
    On March 21 was one year mark since my application arrived in Miramichi. So at this point i am at month 14.

just did the online renewal for my rpal in BC, started yesterday, it expires in a year, hopefully thats enough time! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blintok57 View Post
    congrats and all that. but Club Membership must be different in Quebec. Here in BC it would be a "catch 22" ... you need an (R)Pal to join a club but then cannot get a (R)Pal if you do not join a club?

153 days not too bad considering all the steps you had to go through. It is looking like i am going to be one of the unfortunate ones that will have the record for the longest wait to get approval
    On March 21 was one year mark since my application arrived in Miramichi. So at this point i am at month 14.

Did you send them an email your CFO? I sent CFOON 3 weeks ago and got replied that I am in queue for background check.

Just a quick update; I sent in my application and it was received Feb 25th.

It's in processing online and I called to verify status; Miramichi told me it's with the BC CFO now, but they're not taking calls cuz of COVID-19.

Should I get references to call in? They told me to check again in 2 weeks' time.

Got my PAL today (Alberta).

Application received July 19, 2019.
    Said 'Yes' to history of anxiety and depression - off treatment.
    Missed a spot on the form about former surname or something so got a call about that in August to clarify.
    Called in early January to follow up. She found my application and told me to call back in 2 weeks if I hadn't heard anything.
    Checked status website March 30 - License issued but obviously not printed due to the plague.
    Never called my references.

Glad I wasn't in a hurry
    Last edited by BobsFuruncle; 05-22-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Missed Info