Page 394 of 691 FirstFirst ... 374384386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402404414 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 6903

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Very frustrated.
    Did my pal course July 6th, sent it in almost right after the course. Received July 13th but came online October 13th. Has said finished processing and is now in progress. My local mp has called them on my behalf and they have said the same thing to me. It’s with the cfo waiting final approval but has been there since atleast the end of October. I’ve called every two weeks for a status update and it’s the same answer every time. “Just needs final approval.” Does anyone know what I can do as I’m getting frustrated as everyone I’ve taken the course with (friend group) has all received theirs. I can not get another status update until the 15th. I see on here that most of July’s applicants from BC have been processed and approved.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinwiredmonk View Post
    Very frustrated.
    Did my pal course July 6th, sent it in almost right after the course. Received July 13th but came online October 13th. Has said finished processing and is now in progress. My local mp has called them on my behalf and they have said the same thing to me. It’s with the cfo waiting final approval but has been there since atleast the end of October. I’ve called every two weeks for a status update and it’s the same answer every time. “Just needs final approval.” Does anyone know what I can do as I’m getting frustrated as everyone I’ve taken the course with (friend group) has all received theirs. I can not get another status update until the 15th. I see on here that most of July’s applicants from BC have been processed and approved.
    Thats a background check bud. A deep one

Haha, there’s not much on my record other then driving infractions that I’ve disputed and they’ve been dismissed one irp in my teens. So do you think it’s a lost cost for my PAL. I’m not a criminal nor violent and am not a depressed individual. Ive been in a few situations with the police but never was the main reason. never did anything criminal. Anyone on with information or what I can do, please let me know. I know some people wait a long time but I’ve missed the rut, and the duck season.

BANNED
    Haha, there’s not much on my record other then driving infractions that I’ve disputed and they’ve been dismissed one irp in my teens. So do you think it’s a lost cost for my PAL. I’m not a criminal nor violent and am not a depressed individual. Ive been in a few situations with the police but never was the main reason. never did anything criminal. Anyone on with information or what I can do, please let me know. I know some people wait a long time but I’ve missed the rut, and the duck season.
    i've read about a few people just calling back when they say, and they get approved in the spot, its because the cfo is just one dude checking lots of apps, best is just to keep calling and wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.shambles View Post
    RCMP said they will destroy it? There doesn't seem to be any consistency across people (RCMP and Canada Post) giving the information which is super frustrating. I've now spoken with 2 Canada Post employees saying you do not need postage for RCMP provided envelopes, which to me makes sense, I don't put postage when I mail my taxes. I also called RCMP/CFO yesterday to check the status of my application and asked if I needed postage, the rep said NO and check back in a week once the 4 months has hit officially.

Anyways, super lame and it'll suck huge time if another 4 months of waiting is required.
    Canada post will destroy it. I called the rcmp firearms line, extremely nice lady that helped me out and unless there is a printed canada post “prepaid” stamp, which she described what it looked like and would have a prepaid number on it, they probably will not get it. She reccomended resending an application with express for the tracking information so i will know that they received it. If the first application made it and come proccessing time, there will be a delay but call at the 4 month mark to ask for info on my application, more helpful than canada post on this one. Bonus too, the instructors at my course came on their own time to let me get the new paperwork... absolutely amazing

Will post info once shipped express lo

I’ve called about once a month the first two months but have been calling ever two weeks after that but I’m about to bump it up to a week. Worse they’ll say is no and at this point having an answer then taking legal action or whatever I need would be a much bigger relief. Heard calling gets your flagged but obvs I’m already flagged. So do you suggest I just keep calling them and pressuring. I get the same answer every time.

Even my mp called around my five month mark or whenever November started getting accepted. She called told her to wait a month. She called again and was told to wait till Jan 15th. So I almost am feeling it’s been put in a let it sit here forever pile or what.

Listen my friend, eventually you will get it and you have no option but to be patient. I've seen worse here and they got it. How long, no one knows its all about the officer who's taking care of your app.
    And by the way, if you give your MP permission to contact them on your behalf or even if you hire a lawyer it won't make difference as long as the app is (in process), they will always say we are digging deep.
    Don't panic, this what happens when you deal with the federal government. I had this experience before with a different department.
    Keep calling them every other week, and always ask if they need any info and be patient.
    Good luck

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by daverunner View Post
    My timeline is the same.

Application Type: PAL/RPAL
    Application Received on: 2020-09-08
    Credit Card Charge (pending): 2021-01-04

Status visible online: 2021-01-05 (maybe as early as the 4th. I didn't check the CC until today)

FWIW, I sent the application regular mail and it was a week from when I dropped it in the mail box until it was received in Miramachi.
    Update on 2021-01-07
    Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Three days from CC charge to license issued.

AFAIK neither wife nor references contacted

Sent my app in around August 30th, got an email earlier in the week saying it was missing something. I assume it's the fact that my credit card expired back in December but every time I try and call the past 2 days to get it fixed I keep getting their voicemail saying they're closed even though I'm calling well within their work hours. Does anybody know if the processing centre has been shut down for an extended period over christmas or what? This is getting frustrating