Page 523 of 698 FirstFirst ... 503513515516517518519520521522523524525526527528529530531533543 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6978

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aboynamedsuita View Post
    First of all, glad that you turned your life around. I’m just wondering, and you don’t have to answer, but it’s food for thought… did you get a pardon / record suspension and/or was your past legal matter something which would require a “yes” answer? If you had a PAL before and are renewing it, that would mean that the prior application(s) only had the 5 year window, but now it’ll consider the entire lifetime. So in the past the answer could’ve been “no” but now would be “yes”, unless you had a pardon / record suspension.
    Good question. I have no issue answering.

At the time I received my 10 year prohibition, I was in the raw beginning of trying to turn life around. Trust me to leave it as that is not an easy task.

After my prohibition time was up, I did a challenge for PAL and RPAL. CFP denied the challenge. Note that even if I could get a pardon, I believe all that was in the past is a part of me today, and I have no reason to hide it. My past certainly requires yes answers.

I was never a legal firearms owner prior to my prohibition.

After my challenge was denied, the following sequence happened. It may seem unbelievable. But it happened.

Out of the blue, the Alberta CFO called me. It was a lady. We had a VERY long conversation covering my entire criminal, addictions, and mental health history. Not minutes. At the end of the conversation, she offered me that if I could complete the firearms course in the next 30 days, she would issue my PAL and RPAL. She said it would be waiting in her desk.

I phoned every course outlet I could google, following that call. A few days later, I was put in touch with an instructor in Edmonton, who does the course at a large chain store. She would slip me in before my 30 day window closed. I was down to 2 weeks left. I receieved my papers.

The next morning, Monday, I scanned and sent my documents to the CFO at the email she provided to me. 3 days later, I received my card! I was shocked. It was postmarked the same day I emailed my results. SO I do believe that the lady I talked to was not lying, and that the card was in her desk, just waiting to get dropped in the mail.

This is a very Coles notes version. There is alot more to the story. I honestly felt a little relief, and possible even cried a bit when I pulled my card out of the envelope, knowing that from where I had come from, that my government finally bestowed the grace on me to allow me to finally be a citizen.

If you want to know more, or anyone else here, for that matter, I have no issue with absolute full blown disclosure. However, perhaps it might be helpful to have a complete new thread, for those of us with issues to focus more clearly on the steps of how to overcome the hurdles.

Today I signed and returned authorization to my MPs office, for them to inquire and try get resolution on mu file. There is nothing in the last 16 years on me. They know all the rest, very clearly, already.

I ramble a bit, but I hope I replied to your query with appropriate information.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    Good question. I have no issue answering.

At the time I received my 10 year prohibition, I was in the raw beginning of trying to turn life around. Trust me to leave it as that is not an easy task.

After my prohibition time was up, I did a challenge for PAL and RPAL. CFP denied the challenge. Note that even if I could get a pardon, I believe all that was in the past is a part of me today, and I have no reason to hide it. My past certainly requires yes answers.

I was never a legal firearms owner prior to my prohibition.

After my challenge was denied, the following sequence happened. It may seem unbelievable. But it happened.

Out of the blue, the Alberta CFO called me. It was a lady. We had a VERY long conversation covering my entire criminal, addictions, and mental health history. Not minutes. At the end of the conversation, she offered me that if I could complete the firearms course in the next 30 days, she would issue my PAL and RPAL. She said it would be waiting in her desk.

I phoned every course outlet I could google, following that call. A few days later, I was put in touch with an instructor in Edmonton, who does the course at a large chain store. She would slip me in before my 30 day window closed. I was down to 2 weeks left. I receieved my papers.

The next morning, Monday, I scanned and sent my documents to the CFO at the email she provided to me. 3 days later, I received my card! I was shocked. It was postmarked the same day I emailed my results. SO I do believe that the lady I talked to was not lying, and that the card was in her desk, just waiting to get dropped in the mail.

This is a very Coles notes version. There is alot more to the story. I honestly felt a little relief, and possible even cried a bit when I pulled my card out of the envelope, knowing that from where I had come from, that my government finally bestowed the grace on me to allow me to finally be a citizen.

If you want to know more, or anyone else here, for that matter, I have no issue with absolute full blown disclosure. However, perhaps it might be helpful to have a complete new thread, for those of us with issues to focus more clearly on the steps of how to overcome the hurdles.

Today I signed and returned authorization to my MPs office, for them to inquire and try get resolution on mu file. There is nothing in the last 16 years on me. They know all the rest, very clearly, already.

I ramble a bit, but I hope I replied to your query with appropriate information.
    PM sent

Sent in my application (from Ontario) Jan 29 and still can't see anything online. Has anyone else sent in around the same time with better luck?

Quote Originally Posted by LBissch View Post
    Sent in my application (from Ontario) Jan 29 and still can't see anything online. Has anyone else sent in around the same time with better luck?
    Me, nothing

CGN Regular
    Well, my wife's 15 month wait is finally over. Two weeks ago, I contacted my Federal MP, and her staffer contacted the fed CFO. No traction. Her application has been with the Ontario CFO since July, so I contacted my provincial MPP 4 days ago. A staffer got back to me the same day, and this morning her license has been issued. So it seems that pressure from an MPP does work. Anyway, she is pretty excited, and wants to go gun shopping today, so life is good!

Hi ,

Just an update on my PAL/RPAL application . Approved !!!

Jan.7 Application received

Feb. 24th showing online as initial review completed

April 1st Your License has been issued ( if not received in 2 weeks call CFO)

Hopes its not an April Fools LOL

Also to note I'm from Ontario.

Does anyone know if I can get my PAL # before I get my physical license to purchase online ?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    I called back to confirm things here and yeah, sure enough, there are no outstanding notes for the "yes" pieces and my references haven't been called. I suppose the letter I sent in with my application explaining my yes answers was very convincing. The agent assured me it was nearing completion and that it shouldn't be much longer. I know they say that to everyone, so hopefully this time they mean it and I'm not going to be caught in a pattern of being told "It'll be coming soon, promise!" each time I call lol
    Update to this:

Called today and it's been sent to the CFO, so there's been some progress at least.

I called the CFO (I don't think you actually get the CFO with that 9026 number...?) and talked to a lovely agent. They said it was being reviewed by the CFO currently but they couldn't tell where it was in the queue, it could be #5 or #500 so to call back in a couple of months if I don't hear anything.

So, dec 6 received
    Mid Jan: Available on portal, card charged
    ~End of March: Sent to CFO
    Last edited by rainbird; 04-01-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CND1969 View Post
    Hi ,

Just an update on my PAL/RPAL application . Approved !!!

Jan.7 Application received

Feb. 24th showing online as initial review completed

April 1st Your License has been issued ( if not received in 2 weeks call CFO)

Hopes its not an April Fools LOL

Also to note I'm from Ontario.

Does anyone know if I can get my PAL # before I get my physical license to purchase online ?

Congrats!! your timeline is really similar to mine, and week apart for CC charge, so hopefully mine gets issued next week or the week following

I waited 8 weeks just for a PAL renewal. Ontario.

I sent my PAL/RPAL application in on March 18th, 2022 after waiting an abnormally long duration for my course paperwork to be stamped by FSESO (3+ months). I'll update on final approval of application for those interested.....