Page 547 of 690 FirstFirst ... 527537539540541542543544545546547548549550551552553554555557567 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Ontario update:

Sent application April 26, 2022. Now July 4th, still no credit card charge.

Personal accounts are so varied... some people get their licesnce in under 5 months. Others it takes 9....

Ive been checking my credit card for a charge everyday for a month now. Anyone else similar dates?? and situation?

Ive called many times. The lady just says its expected to be a long delay. Nothing to worry about... Please hooooooooooooooooold...

Update on a non-restricted application from Alberta:

Date mailed: 31 March, 22
    Date received (according to online system): 5 April, 22 (still amazed that Canada Post took only 3 business days to deliver it to NB!!)
    Date appeared online, initial review complete: 5 July, 22
    Date approved, card issued: 21 July, 22 (credit to the Alberta CFO for the speedy review and approval - she's awesome)
    Date received in my mailbox: 4 August, 22 (exactly to the day promised on the online system)

No references called. I never called the call centre; they never called me. Good luck to all still waiting - I hope yours are processed as fast!!

Alberta PAL Application

PAL Application Sent: April 7

PAL Application Received: April 14

CC Charged: July 19

Application Approved: August 2

Time line so far for new licence pal/rpal in ontario
    Revieved jan 17 2022
    Cc charged march 17
    Stuck on completed initial review since april, no refrences call yet...

Ive been unabale to get though to the call cente for 2 months now, either there is too high call volume and the call ends immediately, it drops after waiting 30 mins on hold, or after waiting on hold it tells you theres a system error and ends call. Im only able to call on fridays after 2pm because of work schedule . Last time i spoke to a information officer was the beginning of may and they said that my application had been sent to cfo already. Should i bother calling anymore or just play the waiting game?

CGN Regular
    Just got back from my local gun club, and word going around is that the feds are the ones that are holding up sending New Pal - RPal applications to local CFO's.
    which we all need to call the CFO and make sure that they are sending your file, as the RCMP was told my Liberals to hold back New Applications & Transfers.
    Local Gun club transfer times up to 2 months. But good news once Pierre is voted into the Conservative Party, heard that he wants to calls for a No Confident Vote is Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleGunOwner2022 View Post
    Ontario update:

Sent application April 26, 2022. Now July 4th, still no credit card charge.

Personal accounts are so varied... some people get their licesnce in under 5 months. Others it takes 9....

Ive been checking my credit card for a charge everyday for a month now. Anyone else similar dates?? and situation?

Ive called many times. The lady just says its expected to be a long delay. Nothing to worry about... Please hooooooooooooooooold...

Maybe I can help on what to expect because I sent my application on march 1 or 2nd, and they received it by march 4 and I didn’t get a credit charge till May 28 and then I haven’t heard anything except the generic message online. I did call the other day and asked what’s going on. If They need any other information that can help speed it up. They said no everything’s good on my app they don’t need any other information that it’s sent on to my CFO in bc. I’m thinking since I applied for pal/rpal with all the new rules, trying to be put in, it might end up taking longtime because they’re probably wondering if they should give me both or pal only since there won’t be any use of rpal of the law comes into affect. (Just guessing)

Also, when I called the lady she told me that it’s in the final stages I don’t know really what that means. I asked her. What does it mean? She said its in progress basically so final stage i Guess means in progress or with the cfo. No references have been contacted.

I’m sure it’s a #### show with all this new Legislation.

I would wait maybe a month and then call and I called earlier in the morning that’s the only time I got in contact with them.

I’m stuck wondering if I were to be denied would it still take this long because I did have run ins with police nothing major just some weed was found and Highschool fight 12 years ago I’m hoping if I’m going to be denied it wouldn’t take this long.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nlmbc View Post
    Maybe I can help on what to expect because I sent my application on march 1 or 2nd, and they received it by march 4 and I didn’t get a credit charge till May 28 and then I haven’t heard anything except the generic message online. I did call the other day and asked what’s going on. If They need any other information that can help speed it up. They said no everything’s good on my app they don’t need any other information that it’s sent on to my CFO in bc. I’m thinking since I applied for pal/rpal with all the new rules, trying to be put in, it might end up taking longtime because they’re probably wondering if they should give me both or pal only since there won’t be any use of rpal of the law comes into affect. (Just guessing)

Also, when I called the lady she told me that it’s in the final stages I don’t know really what that means. I asked her. What does it mean? She said its in progress basically so final stage i Guess means in progress or with the cfo. No references have been contacted.

I’m sure it’s a #### show with all this new Legislation.

I would wait maybe a month and then call and I called earlier in the morning that’s the only time I got in contact with them.

I’m stuck wondering if I were to be denied would it still take this long because I did have run ins with police nothing major just some weed was found and Highschool fight 12 years ago I’m hoping if I’m going to be denied it wouldn’t take this long.
    BC CFO requires club membership, I think. If you haven't provided proof of membership with the application it may be a reason for delay. Otherwise, who knows.

CGN Regular
    Just spoke to Alberta CFO, just to inquire and the nice lady was saying she has to resign my case back to cfo
    And she asked me what range I was apart of, told her, but she could not say why she had to reassign back my file to the cfo.
    Wonder if they are starting to hold back on approving new applications.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    I called back to confirm things here and yeah, sure enough, there are no outstanding notes for the "yes" pieces and my references haven't been called. I suppose the letter I sent in with my application explaining my yes answers was very convincing. The agent assured me it was nearing completion and that it shouldn't be much longer. I know they say that to everyone, so hopefully this time they mean it and I'm not going to be caught in a pattern of being told "It'll be coming soon, promise!" each time I call lol
    Any updates on this? I'm curious about how they're treating those of us who have answered yes to something in section C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Mine just arrived in the mail - it has been since March 24th and was done online. Hope this helps others out with timelines.