Page 552 of 690 FirstFirst ... 532542544545546547548549550551552553554555556557558559560562572 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lafermeimparfaite View Post
    my calendar from Quebec (upgrade PAL to RPAL )

RPAL application was received at Miramichi 4/20/2022 and the initial application review has been completed.
    My credit card was billed on 7/21/2022. In the waiting line for the digitization of my photo... 3 week !
    Now in the hands of the Quebec firearms officer for a week.
    I'm waiting...

Does anyone know how long it ''usually'' takes at this stage in Quebec?
    At that stage it can take between few weeks to few months. The longest i've heard was 2 years lol.. and the guy who waited 2 years had no criminal record , nothing., was just an ordinary dude.

So if you have a friend who sent his application the same day as you, he may get his rpal weeks before you or weeks after you.

It is my understanding that there are only 1 or 2 cfo officer in QC doing that kind of job and only 1 at the office sitting in the chair (not even full time) . And apparently that person does it along with other cop tasks that have nothing to do with firearms. Its like on a 4 days pay roll they patrol 2 days for speed tickets or something and the two other day they sit at the officer approving the firefarms. There are a couple of those officers doing that, Its always the same officiers but not at the sametime and not full time. Anyway, that was couple years ago.. they might have changed that. How do i know, they told me

Timeline update ontario!!

Sent application - april 26.
    Credit card charged - aug 10.
    License showing as "issued" on the rcmp website!! - aug 20 i am shocked and loving life!!

I vow to always be responsible gun owner!

Good luck to all!! This forum helped me alot!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleGunOwner2022 View Post

License showing as "issued" on the rcmp website!! - aug 20 i am shocked and loving life!!

Congrats and enjoy lucky sob lol

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleGunOwner2022 View Post

Wow, they approve application on weekend, nice!
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mossad View Post
    Wow, they approve application on weekend, nice!
    Enjoy!
    O right... well maybe it wasn't the exact date i showed.. it might have been
    the day before or before that. I just checked on sunday or whatever and was
    shocked woooohoo. Thanks man!! I pray for your guys too. Its insane we have
    to wait so long but... i guess we just have to be grateful we have any option at all

god bless canada

i want to add guys... if you want a swift application. I HAVE A FEELING.

i was quick because: 1. References without any background or anything. (Mine have pals so even better)
    2. get a profesional photo. ISNT IT WORTH IT GUYS? Dress nicely. Look awake. etc.etc.

Good luck to all!!

I have been waiting since 2022-04-12
    From BC
    April 12th application has been received
    Never logged in till July 12th and they charged my card July 12th
    Ever since July 12th I have only seen
    “We have completed the initial review of
    your firearms licence application. If
    additional information is required, you
    will be contacted. Please check the status
    again at a later date.”
    I called 3 times
    First time I called a lady picked up told me I was approved and would/should receive my card in 4 to 6 weeks and if I didn’t receive it to call them.
    Second call about 2 weeks later they did not pick up, put me on hold for an hour and a half just to get a automated mssg that says call again at a later time.
    Last time 4 weeks after the first call I was told I would be approved in a month I asked them if anything was missing and not a thing missing from the applications
    Me and 4 other family members applied for our pal and rpal together but only one has received it so far
    From what I have read on this Blog it takes about 4 months to receive ur pal

It has been more than 4 months for me since they received my application idk what’s taking them soo long
    If they can’t process all the application they receive in timely manner they should hire more people or make the department more efficient. Idk ����#♂️ Anything else I can do to make the process for me a faster if anyone got an idea let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sat View Post
    From BC
    again at a later date.”
    I called 3 times
    First time I called a lady picked up told me I was approved and would/should receive my card in 4 to 6 weeks and if I didn’t receive it to call them.
    Second call about 2 weeks later they did not pick up, put me on hold for an hour and a half just to get a automated mssg that says call again at a later time.
    Last time 4 weeks after the first call I was told I would be approved in a month I asked them if anything was missing and not a thing missing from the applications
    Me and 4 other family members applied for our pal and rpal together but only one has received it so far

It has been more than 4 months for me since they received my application idk what’s taking them soo long
    If they can’t process all the application they receive in timely manner they should hire more people or make the department more efficient. Idk ����#♂️ Anything else I can do to make the process for me a faster if anyone got an idea let me know?
    just curious if you answered yes for any of the mental health stuff.... not saying those people shouldnt get guns but expect it to take longer. Also how are your references??? criminal background? how bout you? people think theres no rhyme or reason for timelines but i have a hunch there is...

Quote Originally Posted by Lafermeimparfaite View Post
    my calendar from Quebec (upgrade PAL to RPAL )

RPAL application was received at Miramichi 4/20/2022 and the initial application review has been completed.
    My credit card was billed on 7/21/2022. In the waiting line for the digitization of my photo... 3 week !
    Now in the hands of the Quebec firearms officer for a week.
    I'm waiting...

Does anyone know how long it ''usually'' takes at this stage in Quebec?

I'm in the same boat as you currently waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Sat View Post
    From BC
    again at a later date.”
    I called 3 times

My dates (also in B.C.) are almost the same. Still waiting as well.