Page 562 of 686 FirstFirst ... 542552554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570572582 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 6856

Thread: PAL Wait Time

  1. #5611
    CGN Regular mcaswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by mossad View Post
    Already more than 5 months waiting for my PAL/RPAL

    Application Received: April 07
    Credit Card Charged: July 07.
    Current status : Completed initial review.

    Clean record, reference has RPAL/PAL.
    Same here, except my dates are about a week later. I haven't seen a B.C. approval in so long I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem at the office.

  2. #5612
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    kamloops, BC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaswell View Post
    Same here, except my dates are about a week later. I haven't seen a B.C. approval in so long I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem at the office.
    seems like there is, haven't seen anyone get a new license( seen someone upgrade to rpal)
    no email responses( going on 3 weeks now) I don't get what's going on

  3. #5613
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    9

    Can't reach anyone at the CFP

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDrone View Post
    BC here

    New PAL/RPAL
    Received: March 29
    Cc charged: June 24
    Current status: completed initial review

    I emailed them in Aug but no replies. I have been trying to call CFO for the past few weeks everyday. Only one time the call got thru and I was waiting on hold for 20mins until the call ended automatically. Is it even possible to reach the CFO ?

    Buddy of mine also submitted his app back in first week of April and it's also completed initial review with no new updates.I wonder how long we have to wait. We both have clean records and our references also have PAL.
    I've also had no luck reaching anyone via phone or email at the CFP or BC CFO. I've gotten "through" 3 times but just get a looping message that says something about an error and the call can't be connected.

    I was thinking about driving to Surrey next week to see if I can talk to someone in person. I assume the office is closed to the public though. Does anyone know if that's the case or not?

    The only other option I can think of is to transfer all my firearms to a trusted family member. That however presents its own set of challenges.

    Hindsight, I should've moved to Alberta just long enough to renew there.

    This is all a little messed up.

  4. #5614
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    kamloops, BC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
    I've also had no luck reaching anyone via phone or email at the CFP or BC CFO. I've gotten "through" 3 times but just get a looping message that says something about an error and the call can't be connected.

    I was thinking about driving to Surrey next week to see if I can talk to someone in person. I assume the office is closed to the public though. Does anyone know if that's the case or not?

    The only other option I can think of is to transfer all my firearms to a trusted family member. That however presents its own set of challenges.

    Hindsight, I should've moved to Alberta just long enough to renew there.

    This is all a little messed up.
    if your not super far why not, the worst that's going to happen is they don't let you in, looks like there is visitor pay parking so why not. I'd do the same but I'm 3.5 hours away and no need to head that way for a while. I get everything is messed up right now but every other cfo is approving licenses and I even got a email from the cfp in Miramichi in a few days, which I did this years ago when I originally wanted to

  5. #5615
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
    I've also had no luck reaching anyone via phone or email at the CFP or BC CFO. I've gotten "through" 3 times but just get a looping message that says something about an error and the call can't be connected.

    I was thinking about driving to Surrey next week to see if I can talk to someone in person. I assume the office is closed to the public though. Does anyone know if that's the case or not?

    The only other option I can think of is to transfer all my firearms to a trusted family member. That however presents its own set of challenges.

    Hindsight, I should've moved to Alberta just long enough to renew there.

    This is all a little messed up.
    It would almost certainly be a waste of your time to go, few offices have front-facing spaces tand you wouldn't be let into whatever floor of the office building they're working in. If you end up going do report back though.

    AB isn't faring too much better these days too. Lots of delays from our CFO, they're a wasteful, slow, unaccountable bureaucratic mass everywhere.

  6. #5616
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    It would almost certainly be a waste of your time to go, few offices have front-facing spaces tand you wouldn't be let into whatever floor of the office building they're working in. If you end up going do report back though.

    AB isn't faring too much better these days too. Lots of delays from our CFO, they're a wasteful, slow, unaccountable bureaucratic mass everywhere.
    For AB, there are only 2 cfo that are 2 months behind they are now starting on march
    They have a big back log, if you call the main number then 1-1 2065 you will reach cfo office in Alberta
    I had to call multiple times and was able to get my file approved, it’s sucks there waiting time,

  7. #5617
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme22 View Post
    For AB, there are only 2 cfo that are 2 months behind they are now starting on march
    They have a big back log, if you call the main number then 1-1 2065 you will reach cfo office in Alberta
    I had to call multiple times and was able to get my file approved, it’s sucks there waiting time,
    Did you receive your RPAL already? my is still on the way

  8. #5618
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8
    BC as well:

    New PAL/RPAL
    Received: May 27
    CC charged: Aug 19
    status: completed and issued: Aug 29
    PAL/RPAL Received: Sep 13

  9. #5619
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    kamloops, BC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by rabie.willem View Post
    BC as well:

    New PAL/RPAL
    Received: May 27
    CC charged: Aug 19
    status: completed and issued: Aug 29
    PAL/RPAL Received: Sep 13
    well I guess I'm playing phone tag this Friday, congrats on your licence

  10. #5620
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by ABSDriver View Post
    Did you receive your RPAL already? my is still on the way
    Yes I did came today, I’m still in shock lol but thankful, even though I can’t purchase the firearm that I want
    So I’m hoping that Pp fights this temporary ban so that local gun shops can restock and still continue
    Do not want to end up like Red Dawn with no access to firearms, yea no thanks turduea
    Last edited by Extreme22; 09-14-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •