Page 567 of 687 FirstFirst ... 547557559560561562563564565566567568569570571572573574575577587 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

---
    Last edited by rainbird; 09-26-2022 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Made a wrong assumption

Here is my status in Ontario
    Application received may 5th
    Cc charged and initial review completed august 3rd
    Still waiting and i dont think i will get it anytime soon some people got it 1-2 weeks after the cc charge some have been waiting for 6-7 months, system is incredibly unprofessional and unorganized. As far as i know cfo’s dont even do background checks so i dont know what could cause them to work so slow and unorganized (at this point only if you are extremely lucky you can get it before trudeau’s useless ban on recreational handgun shooting)

My timeline (Alberta) for upgrading to a restricted Pal from a non-restricted:

June 28th - Both my brothers and my application sent via Xpress
    July 4th - Application received.
    Sept 14th - CC charged for both applications.
    Sept 14th - Status changed to we have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application.

I'm checking daily and I'll update once the status changes.

Does anyone know if I can purchase a restricted when the status changes to complete and the license is still in the mail? As I stated I already have my non-restricted Pal and to my knowledge the license number doesn't change.
    Proud member of the CCFR and the CPC.

CGN Regular
    For Alberta, coming from one of the two cfo in Edmonton, that they are 2 months behind,
    That they are now starting on Aprils application.
    Unfortunately you can not purchase a restricted until you actually have the card in your hand is what was told my the CFO.
    You can depending on the firearm shop do a deposit until your actual license comes in.

but if the ban kicks in before you get the card... then the store won't be able to sell the gun again, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanlkler View Post
    Still waiting and i dont think i will get it anytime soon some people got it 1-2 weeks after the cc charge some have been waiting for 6-7 months, system is incredibly unprofessional and unorganized
    This! I don’t mind waiting my turn, but when I see people sending their papers in after me and getting their cards before me, that’s frustrating. Top that off with virtually no one to talk to, ridiculous. Yah new dumb gun law, they are busy, but that doesn’t explain the line jumping. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy fellow Canadians are getting their cards and don’t have to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanlkler View Post
    Here is my status in Ontario
    Application received may 5th
    Cc charged and initial review completed august 3rd
    Still waiting and i dont think i will get it anytime soon some people got it 1-2 weeks after the cc charge some have been waiting for 6-7 months, system is incredibly unprofessional and unorganized. As far as i know cfo’s dont even do background checks so i dont know what could cause them to work so slow and unorganized (at this point only if you are extremely lucky you can get it before trudeau’s useless ban on recreational handgun shooting)
    We have the exact same timeline! I inquired this week per email and they said it's currently with the CFP..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber304 View Post
    We have the exact same timeline! I inquired this week per email and they said it's currently with the CFP..
    Have you tried to contact the cfo? If not I would try to and reach you cfo is the best thing to get your application approved
    With the main number all backed up I thought I would give this a bump.
    1-800-731-4000
    NB 6000
    AB 9026
    ONT 7503
    BC 9530
    Man 8004
    O 7005
    NS 6505

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme22 View Post
    Have you tried to contact the cfo?
    ONT 7503
    I have them on speed dial and call whenever I have a break. The last time I was able to get through to a human was July 26th and was told "It's in the final final stage of review". Asked if I would make it through before hunting season and agent could not give me an answer. Have not been able to get through to anyone since. I keep getting put on hold and then disconnected with message "No one is available to assist you, we are sorry". Maybe I'm just that unlucky?

Not good BC

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme22 View Post
    Have you tried to contact the cfo? If not I would try to and reach you cfo is the best thing to get your application approved
    With the main number all backed up I thought I would give this a bump.
    1-800-731-4000
    NB 6000
    AB 9026
    ONT 7503
    BC 9530
    Man 8004
    O 7005
    NS 6505
    I've been trying to get through to BC CFO for the last couple weeks. Never had any success. Just put on hold and at some point (between 2 and 18 minutes) hung up on. Lately I haven't even been able to get out on hold, just hung up on straightaway (after a recorded apology).

My license expires in 2 weeks. I've been at initial review for nearly 6 months. I have restricted weapons and a pending transfer.

There are a plethora of words to describe this situation and not one of them is good. I can't help but wonder if this is in some way intentional.